The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck Targeting Walls and Siege

kishin75
kishin75
Soul Shriven
Over the past couple of days I have encountered a bug where I and stuck targeting a wall or siege and am unable to target anything else unless I /reloadui. I know a few other players that have experienced this and it has caused me to die a for times already. I have reported the bug already just wanted to post to see if anyone else had experienced this bug.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug is ingame like forever. They dont care or dont know how to fix it
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try hitting ESC to clear target, worked for me a couple times.
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    i have lost count of the amount of bugs we have learned to deal with or have found *workabouts* for and this is for sure would be nice to see it fixed AND THE LAG!!??!!!

EDIT* double tap Esc works for me always
    Edited by keni_harringtonb16_ESO on May 6, 2015 6:50PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time and it's pretty dang annoying. ESC has never failed to work for me. Devs, that may seem functionally trivial just to press the ESC key to fix it, but it's not. You are wasting 30 seconds firing skills that don't go off before you realize that you're locked onto your own keep wall, then you have to let of your WSD in the middle of fighting to hit esc... is pretty combat breaking.

This has been happening all through out 1.5 and I think it goes back further, I just can't remember when it started.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta bug. And still annoying after a year. Usually gets you killed too, just like the stuck sneaking, stuck mounting, not able to swap weapons, stuck in CC, and numerous other combat and targeting related bugs.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I face away from the wall and target the air. Usually seems to release the targeting, so not much trouble in the end. It is annoying when it happens and I didn't notice it... Not being able to target someone with this bug makes fights a bit difficult. I don't quite know much of the use of targeting the wall unless you're keeping very close eyes on the percentages, which, even without targeting can be seen.
    Edited by Sentinel on May 7, 2015 1:09AM