The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

repair crates and nirns

Mythredhel
I was wondering why when I hand in my potion , provisioning and enchantment writs I never get a repair crate (and ive done a lot) , with my blacksmith and woodworker writs I get them quite often this doesn't make sense.
I know ZOS says only blacksmiths , clothiers and woodworkers can use nirns in crafting so its only those writs you get a chance (very rare) of finding 1 but that is unfair as those people who don't do woodwork , clothier or metalsmith have to buy the nirns and at around 25k (I know to vetren players its peanuts but we have a lot of new players now) that's not cheap so you are penalising those that want to craft potions or food or forcing them to do a second craft to stand a chance of getting them.
Im wondering if the same principal is being applied to the repair crates that only blacksmiths , clothiers and woodworkers get them and if so does this mean that ZOS doesn't think that potion and food crafters don't do any fighting so don't need repair crates
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    Make sense to me.

1) If you consider what really make sense, only Blacksmith, Woodworking and Clothing can craft something that can be repaired.
    2) Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting are "consumables", so you can sell more of those constantly to earn gold, therefore buy Nirncrux.
    3) You can always level up another profession
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment Crafting Writ rewards are not worth doing the crafting writ.

The first question should be, who really uses Repair Kits? I never have past release week. I get rid of them for cheap or outright destroy them.

Nirn, the drop rate on those is absurd.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirncrux is like 12-14k per fortified and 16-18k per potent nowadays. Rate is low, hence the prices.
    Re repair kits - I am using them when I am soloing the group dungeon. Perhaps someone is doing this when in group doing vet group dungeons, but I am not doing this so cannot comment. I like to have repair kits in writs. This is good thing. Also, you have 1-2 yellow mats and 1-2 surveys (on average) per 4 writs (blacksmith, clothing, wood, enchant) so I would say that it is Ok for me. Once per week or 10 days I have one fortified and one potent nirncrux in survey (usually it is wood). I am all 50 in all craft, so perhaps others might have different numbers.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythredhel wrote: »
    I was wondering why when I hand in my potion , provisioning and enchantment writs I never get a repair crate (and ive done a lot) , with my blacksmith and woodworker writs I get them quite often this doesn't make sense.
    I know ZOS says only blacksmiths , clothiers and woodworkers can use nirns in crafting so its only those writs you get a chance (very rare) of finding 1 but that is unfair as those people who don't do woodwork , clothier or metalsmith have to buy the nirns and at around 25k (I know to vetren players its peanuts but we have a lot of new players now) that's not cheap so you are penalising those that want to craft potions or food or forcing them to do a second craft to stand a chance of getting them.
    Im wondering if the same principal is being applied to the repair crates that only blacksmiths , clothiers and woodworkers get them and if so does this mean that ZOS doesn't think that potion and food crafters don't do any fighting so don't need repair crates

True, but you also don't get flowers, glyphs and ingredients from bs and ww writs.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]