The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THe Real Issue with Thornblade

Dren_Utogi
Dren_Utogi
✭✭✭
After analyzing the pattern fo play on Thornblade over the past few weeks it has become pretty transparent what the issue is.
EP faction rolled a guild at the start of game on the AD side. What this guild does is obtain keeps for AP grinding.

The map on Thornblade has not changed for months, with this guild in control of EP and AD factions and I would imagine that are rolling DC faction characters as well.

What is faction / keep flipping. It is a process of boiling away the social and competitive components of the zone , to simplely get AP as fast as possible.

How does it work : EP owns the map, limiting any AP gained, EP logs into AD, AD then gains a few keeps with what seems to be a large raid of people. After so many keeps have been gained, the big AD raids disappears and EP comes back to reclaim those keeps with almost no opposition.

How to fix this, Faction lock accounts and make flippers buy the game twice if they want to flip keeps. Make faction loyalty more important in some way that can't be exploited. Remove AP from the game or in some way make it less appealing to continually grind for it.

Something needs to be done against faction flipping, it ruins the campaign for real players with real faction loyalty and it makes the zone extremely stale for those who don't flip keeps for AP grinding.
  • Dren_Utogi
    Dren_Utogi
    ✭✭✭
    There is only one guild on Thornblade. It is absolutely obvious from how they are grinding AP at tthe AD spawn. They are taking turns logging in and out of characters for AP grinding,
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    tin-foil-hat.jpg
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dren_Utogi wrote: »
    After analyzing the pattern fo play on Thornblade over the past few weeks it has become pretty transparent what the issue is.
    EP faction rolled a guild at the start of game on the AD side. What this guild does is obtain keeps for AP grinding.

The map on Thornblade has not changed for months, with this guild in control of EP and AD factions and I would imagine that are rolling DC faction characters as well.

What is faction / keep flipping. It is a process of boiling away the social and competitive components of the zone , to simplely get AP as fast as possible.

How does it work : EP owns the map, limiting any AP gained, EP logs into AD, AD then gains a few keeps with what seems to be a large raid of people. After so many keeps have been gained, the big AD raids disappears and EP comes back to reclaim those keeps with almost no opposition.

How to fix this, Faction lock accounts and make flippers buy the game twice if they want to flip keeps. Make faction loyalty more important in some way that can't be exploited. Remove AP from the game or in some way make it less appealing to continually grind for it.

Something needs to be done against faction flipping, it ruins the campaign for real players with real faction loyalty and it makes the zone extremely stale for those who don't flip keeps for AP grinding.

I used take this alliance thing very serious supporting my alliance, making sacrifices, playing the map until halfways through the launch that I realized how hilarious the system is. Now, its all about the quickest and most efficient way to FARM AP.

That guy you just rezzed could easily be a spy from enemy factions whispering their friends where we are moving so that they can set up their AP farm. The spy game is at its peak and all of that spying just to get AP. The alliance war means nothing really. Players have been caught doing the most ridiculous douchiest things to give their guilds the upper hand with the AP. From teamspeak spies, to zone chat trolls, to spies leading pug groups to get killed by their guilds for AP. Anybody can do it.

The worst part is that since Feb/March (the Crash of Thornblade), everybody has split up into different servers because if we all go into a server it completely crashes. 48v48 is the maximum that these cheap servers can handle and players cannot do anything except wait until June for console release. You do not want to try out 48v48v48 unless you wanna play lag simulator.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on May 4, 2015 5:04AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I used take this alliance thing very serious supporting my alliance, making sacrifices, playing the map until halfways through the launch that I realized how hilarious the system is. Now, its all about the quickest and most efficient way to FARM AP.

That guy you just rezzed could easily be a spy from enemy factions whispering their friends where we are moving so that they can set up their AP farm. The spy game is at its peak and all of that spying just to get AP. The alliance war means nothing really. Players have been caught doing the most ridiculous douchiest things to give their guilds the upper hand with the AP. From teamspeak spies, to zone chat trolls, to spies leading pug groups to get killed by their guilds for AP. Anybody can do it.

The worst part is that since Feb/March (the Crash of Thornblade), everybody has split up into different servers because if we all go into a server it completely crashes. 48v48 is the maximum that these cheap servers can handle and players cannot do anything except wait until June for console release. You do not want to try out 48v48v48 unless you wanna play lag simulator.

tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So you are saying that a player has 2 opposing characters set to the same campaign? One character is in EP and the other is in AD? If so, then I would like to know how they do it since when I tried to do it the game says "opposing faction character set to campaign" and will not let me set another character.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you are saying that a player has 2 opposing characters set to the same campaign? One character is in EP and the other is in AD? If so, then I would like to know how they do it since when I tried to do it the game says "opposing faction character set to campaign" and will not let me set another character.
    If you travel to a friend or enter the campaign as a group, there are no restrictions based on your other characters. You just won't be ranked on the leaderboard if it's not your home campaign.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tin foil argument = no argument
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PYCM41k.png
    Here's the REAL problem with Thornblade. Daggerfall doesn't even have 100 players. There's a bunch of players who have literally gotten *A* AP burst... and left. We take a keep or resources, and get a 10:1 response. Hell, I've even gotten attacked by AD and EP together.

There's zero incentive to try to balance things out. There's some higher end players who've got duplicate accounts and who bounce back and forth between alliances in campaigns. Makes it frustrating and hard to know who to trust.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    PYCM41k.png
    Here's the REAL problem with Thornblade. Daggerfall doesn't even have 100 players. There's a bunch of players who have literally gotten *A* AP burst... and left. We take a keep or resources, and get a 10:1 response. Hell, I've even gotten attacked by AD and EP together.

There's zero incentive to try to balance things out. There's some higher end players who've got duplicate accounts and who bounce back and forth between alliances in campaigns. Makes it frustrating and hard to know who to trust.

Players have flocked to fight behind Lord FENGRUSH.
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hektlk wrote: »
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

I'm getting pretty tired of this. Proponents of the tin foil hat need to open their eyes. You spread misinformation! There was a totally legitimate sciency study done to prove that these hats amplify the mind control signals. Grounding the foil-hat may not be a viable solution either, lest you become part of an earth dipole antenna. Which we all know is how the government will push the signal to basement dwelling neckbeards.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know anyone went on Thornblade anymore...

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I didn't even know anyone went on Thornblade anymore...

I was bored and needed my Weynon Priory Adventurer achievement.

I browsed through the trade guild I'm in for selling stuff I buy with AP and sure enough, the first person in Cyrodiil was in Thornblade for me to travel to.

/zone was rather laughable. 'A v14 DK just came through the gate! OMG!'

*facepalm*
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on May 4, 2015 7:41PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell, I've even gotten attacked by AD and EP together.
    I find this hard to believe, because at the places I go regularly (Haderus, Azura's Star, Blackwater Blade), Operation F*** AD is in full effect 24/7. Not saying you're lying, just that I've never witnessed anything like it, like you spotted a dodo or something.

Edited by Kartalin on May 4, 2015 10:00PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    Hell, I've even gotten attacked by AD and EP together.
    I find this hard to believe, because at the places I go regularly (Haderus, Azura's Star, Blackwater Blade), Operation F*** AD is in full effect 24/7. Not saying you're lying, just that I've never witnessed anything like it, like you spotted a dodo or something.
    It's rare, but it happens. We had a bunch of DC and EP bitching at us that we were interrupting their "filming" at Warden, and the DC on our own side were pointing out where we were hiding. So factions/guilds do work with one another from time to time. It's exceedingly rare, but it happens.
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭

Maybe if you would have spent those few weeks analyzing how the game actually works, you would have come up with a better conspiracy theory by now.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this one day i ended up with a random group of blues, reds and yellows who were just having fun dueling.. was quite enjoyable and apart from silliness on all sides there was little animosity.

it came about because group i was end sort of ended up bailing out this one Blue who was solo. by the end of it it was only like 2-3 of each faction in front of one red keep.

one random red derped this friendly gathering (sniped one or two of us) and ended up with not only blue and yellow aiming to kill him, but his teammate reds pointing out where he was stealthed... ***...

was great.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.