The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Yeah, more QQ about Radiant

Perphection
Perphection
✭✭✭✭
Yeah, more QQ about Radiant. 100% Health, hit by a massive 1300 Sap Essence then our sweet lord of destruction dealt 26k damage. Executing from 90%+ health is a bit ridiculous.

Also, I know it's hard to see, but it was through a wall as well. So much for that 'fix' a few patches back.

24vmuec.jpg

[Moderator Note: Edited title per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 3, 2015 7:53PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That is low dmg if he started exe at 90% Could have been 50k. Dunno why you think that dmg is OP.

Though the wall shizzle is annoying :/
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the title of this thread, I suppose I should have guessed but man was I way off.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have bad taste in humor friend. Your title is offensive. But....i am a templar, I use the beam, and yes it is deffinetly still broken, although not ALWAYS. The line of sight for beam will break my beam 90% of the time. And on a very rare occasion, I can execute a player at even 100% health. I believe there's a skill or ability that the enemy uses to trick the beam into thinking its in execute range
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I believe there's a skill or ability that the enemy uses to trick the beam into thinking its in execute range
    A skill called Being Alive. :lol:
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.6 second channel + 26k damage = 7.2k dps.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 3, 2015 8:25PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still not clear how something that's supposed to "proc" at 50% health(now they're saying it was nerfed to 30%) can do that much damage?. Did you heal through half of it causing it to proc again?
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im still not clear how something that's supposed to "proc" at 50% health(now they're saying it was nerfed to 30%) can do that much damage?. Did you heal through half of it causing it to proc again?

No, it all happened so fast!! He just took me :'( ...I did not consent. He forced himself upon me, and was hitting me from behind a wall. I didn't even see their face!

But seriously, no. This happened in like 1 second total time, I wish I had it recorded it was ridiculous.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it all happened so fast!! He just took me :'( ...I did not consent. He forced himself upon me, and was hitting me from behind a wall. I didn't even see their face!

But seriously, no. This happened in like 1 second total time, I wish I had it recorded it was ridiculous.

One of the reasons I ask is I get hit a lot while even dodge rolling away and my death recap will state i was hit for just over my full health and what I don't get is how this skill does that much damage when it is "supposed" to proc at only 30%. Ive been told it does crap damage up until the proc but it looks to me like its nothing more than a soul assault that ticks 2-3k until it gets you to 30% and then you just die.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this finisher is so OP that all classes can counter it by 1 button
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_1fU9cunQ
    He used only that ability on you, thats why it show entire damage. He can activate it like 20 time, but if he used only this while noone hitted you, recap will show entire damage in one slot.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 3, 2015 10:10PM
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Yeah, this finisher is so OP that can be countered by 1 button

Exactly, a "Finisher" as you stated. I was not in finishing range after taking 1300 damage. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

Also, had you cared to read the rest it was through a wall.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the Templar having a ranged execute, people have a problem with a spell that's more powerful than Soul Assault when you're not even close to being in execute range.

**Perhaps I should also mention this happened in 1 channel, and not even close to the full duration.
    Edited by Perphection on May 3, 2015 10:11PM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all fine and good but half the time you're in a zerg VS zerg situation Not a silly 1v1. RD looks closely familiar to the healing mutagen. A lot of times its hard to to tell the difference between friendly heals and an RD in the crowd and yes..sometimes the beam doesn't even show.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly, a "Finisher" as you stated. I was not in finishing range after taking 1300 damage. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the Templar having a ranged execute, people have a problem with a spell that's more powerful than Soul Assault when you're not even close to being in execute range.

**Perhaps I should also mention this happened in 1 channel, and not even close to the full duration.
    Use /bug after it occured. Also i wonder did you do anything while he used beam that is so easy to counter? You said in another thread that it kills you in 1 attack, just show us the video, so we can find is it a bug, or if you EU we can meet and test it.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 3, 2015 10:15PM
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a few AD I know of who have gone glass cannon templar route (and I imagine there's a few in the other factions too - I know I've just died to some AD). I could probably see 13-14k/3s base tooltip damage, then the oppression morph bonus if they have full magicka, add a few crit channel procs, and then you reach execute phase for the last two or three ticks.

No shield though so very squishy if caught alone.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

Use /bug after it occured. Also i wonder did you do anything while he used beam that is so easy to counter? You said in another thread that it kills you in 1 attack, just show us the video, so we can find is it a bug, or if you EU we can meet and test it.

Test what? You want me to sit there and bash you while you Radiant, or show you that I know how to purge while you try to belittle me as to how it's a well-thought-out ability? I'll pass..

Clearly this doesn't happen 100% of the time so if you want to go sit in a field and try to get lightning to strike twice and recreate this, by all means go for it. But don't try to defend that this ability is working as intended, it still has issues and it needs to be acknowledged.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    There's a few AD I know of who have gone glass cannon templar route (and I imagine there's a few in the other factions too - I know I've just died to some AD). I could probably see 13-14k/3s base tooltip damage, then the oppression morph bonus if they have full magicka, add a few crit channel procs, and then you reach execute phase for the last two or three ticks.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of them as well and have done it myself. Most of the time even when hit by those players the damage isn't even half of what this was on a single channel.

But clearly it's my fault, and I'm an idiot I should have countered harder.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Test what? You want me to sit there and bash you while you Radiant, or show you that I know how to purge while you try to belittle me as to how it's a well-thought-out ability? I'll pass..

Clearly this doesn't happen 100% of the time so if you want to go sit in a field and try to get lightning to strike twice and recreate this, by all means go for it. But don't try to defend that this ability is working as intended, it still has issues and it needs to be acknowledged.
    Ok, i offered you a help to discover what cause "innormal" damage for you, you just literally said me "f*ck off". If you want just cry on forum - ok, go on, but i doubt it will help in any way.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok, i offered you a help to discover what cause "innormal" damage for you, you just literally said me "f*ck off". If you want just cry on forum - ok, go on, but i doubt it will help in any way.

Well, if you were being sincere I'll apologize for my sarcasm. It came off as if you were giving me the "L2P noob!" attitude, when it's just not the case.

Radiant is still OP in certain situations, is what I'm trying to say. Under normal circumstances, like I mentioned previously, I think it's great. But it's just a tad OP when you're instantly dead =(
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    A death recap is not a good way to paint a picture, to claim that something is executing from 90%, or to claim that it results in instant death.

Just to note a couple of factors -
    • death recap does not always show all damage taken that contributed to one's death (so that for all we know the RD shown in the OP's screenshot was started when the OP's health was at 25%, or 90%, or 5% - we don't know.)
    • Death Recap does not show healing taken that could have effectively extended the RD execute period.

Bottom line - recap is kind of useful sometimes but it is extremely limited, is often misleading and even more often it is mis-used for board warrior purposes. The essence of RD is particularly hard to capture simply due to RD being e a nearly four second channel.
    supposed to "proc" at 50% health(now they're saying it was nerfed to 30%)

Where have your read that RD only has a damage gain at 30%? I don''t think that RD has particularly good damage output when the target has 30%-50% health, but I hadn't heard that the 'execute' gain no longer works from 30-50% at all. Did I miss a patch note or a stealth change made that players discovered?
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    That is low dmg if he started exe at 90% Could have been 50k. Dunno why you think that dmg is OP.

Though the wall shizzle is annoying :/

Through the wall means he couldn't interrupt it. So he just ate it over what, 3 seconds?

Eek, that ain't right.
    Edited by glak on May 3, 2015 11:30PM
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've seen plenty of them as well and have done it myself. Most of the time even when hit by those players the damage isn't even half of what this was on a single channel.

^^ What Cinbri said. I didn't even give a 'how to counter', just literally said 'this is how they'd get it'.

Also, I was making assumption it was an entire 3+s duration but your posts are alternating between '1s' and 'single channel' is making it confusing. Random aside, how much health do you have total?
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

^^ What Cinbri said. I didn't even give a 'how to counter', just literally said 'this is how they'd get it'.

Also, I was making assumption it was an entire 3+s duration but your posts are alternating between '1s' and 'single channel' is making it confusing. Random aside, how much health do you have total?

I made sure to clarify and say "1 Channel" because, if I hadn't people would assume I was AFK and someone sat there spamming it on me. Also, by no means was it a full duration.

I think many are taking this thread to serious now, as the title was changed. Initially it was called "Easter is over, can Jesus die again already." But for obvious reasons it was changed. I'm not looking for tips, tricks, excuses for combat logs etc. it's just showcasing another scenario where Jesus beam isn't working properly.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I made sure to clarify and say "1 Channel" because, if I hadn't people would assume I was AFK and someone sat there spamming it on me. Also, by no means was it a full duration.

I think many are taking this thread to serious now, as the title was changed. Initially it was called "Easter is over, can Jesus die again already." But for obvious reasons it was changed. I'm not looking for tips, tricks, excuses for combat logs etc. it's just showcasing another scenario where Jesus beam isn't working properly.

Well I for one think the original title is hilarious.

OP I have used Jesus Beam about a million times +/- 998,500 times since it came to be and I have never seen it take someone from 100%-->0 in 1 full channel or 2 or even 3, (well maybe 3)

This must be a bug or fluke or some weird interaction of traits or something if what you say is true. Problem is, anyone can say anything and without video it is pretty tough to believe.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

Well I for one think the original title is hilarious.

OP I have used Jesus Beam about a million times +/- 998,500 times since it came to be and I have never seen it take someone from 100%-->0 in 1 full channel or 2 or even 3, (well maybe 3)

This must be a bug or fluke or some weird interaction of traits or something if what you say is true. Problem is, anyone can say anything and without video it is pretty tough to believe.

Haha, yeah.. I thought the title was pretty good too and it gave the topic more of a funny vibe than a serious "NERF JESUS BEAM", feel.

But, that's the reason I posted this. It's rarely happened to me like this before. Usually it's just random 10k's on my death log as I try to roll away to safety, but end up dying.

I mean, yeah it could have been lag that I experienced, making the channeled duration seem so short, it could have been a multitude of things. It happened though, and the screenshot is funny.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this finisher is so OP that all classes can counter it by 1 button
    He used only that ability on you, thats why it show entire damage. He can activate it like 20 time, but if he used only this while noone hitted you, recap will show entire damage in one slot.

I used to QQ a whole lot about RD. I even made a thread recently whining about it. But I respec'd my morphs the other day, and started using venom arrow instead of poison injection. Now I'm dying to RD a LOT less and actually stunning the caster and sometimes killing them. Don't get me wrong, I still hate that it continues to ignore LOS, but there are definitely counters out there.
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on May 4, 2015 12:54AM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not looking for tips, tricks, excuses for combat logs etc. it's just showcasing another scenario where Jesus beam isn't working properly.

Again, not looking for counters. Showing a scenario where it still isn't working properly.

Are there counters, yes.

Should I have to counter an "execute" as a stamina build with a purge that costs half my mana at nearly full health? No.

Should I teleport through that wall and bash him? I guess so?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I have to see a video or it didn't happen. Unless you are running with 10k health, there is no way that radiant destruction took you from 100 to 0 in 1 second. Even when it was completely broken at the launch of 1.6 it wasn't doing that much damage to people at 100%.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The things people do with this ability is just ***. Probably a glass cannon build specialized in hiding where LOS doesn't break it and beaming everyone. This weekend I met a double Jesus beam gank team at the milegate, one up top and one below. Thank god for cloak.

It's just another thing making TTK worse really, always some dude in the back beaming you when you're already outnumbered. Always.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with radiant destruction tonight on the top of the Allessian Bridge tower. I rolled down to the middle floor..it followed me through floor..I rolled out to the steps and down the steps..it followed me through the wall down the steps. I finally broke LOS when I died. :|
    Edited by Tintinabula on May 4, 2015 5:38AM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are death recaps showing weapon-attacks for 25k, DK with Molten Weapons for example, spec'd for magic/weapon dmg fire staff / bow AND that is in one shot :) (3 second preparation on heavy attack).

These numbers are "wanted by ZoS" ;-) see 1.6.x patch notes
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not looking for tips, tricks, excuses for combat logs etc. it's just showcasing another scenario where Jesus beam isn't working properly.

Again, not looking for counters. Showing a scenario where it still isn't working properly.

Are there counters, yes.

Should I have to counter an "execute" as a stamina build with a purge that costs half my mana at nearly full health? No.

Should I teleport through that wall and bash him? I guess so?

RD is blockable, btw
    But since doding/BoL'ing around is all that peopel do for def nowadays, RD is hated so much.
    What kind of stamina build do you play? NB can cloak, templar has a cheaper purge through PR, etc.

Anyway, the LoS (through wall) needs to be fixed so everyone can interrupt properly. Whoever choses to neither run pruge nor a ranged interrupt should be punished, though.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others