Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biting Jabs vs Wrecking blow for single target

Jynxin
Jynxin
Soul Shriven
im a stam based templar and i have a solid aoe build but cant decide on single target does wrecking blow or biting jabs have better single target damage.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    WB is has a great CC and does great damage.
    BJ is just a channeled finisher that gives a free "break free" to your enemy and annoys teammates that you're giving a boss a free [censored] right on the middle of battle.

If you have to choose, WB.

imho 2H has a great AoE finisher/DPS-Spreader so don't remorph that to executioner.
    Edited by glak on May 3, 2015 4:47PM
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    Biting jabs all the way... there are countless reasons why.

- It offers a cone effect essentially making it not only your main single target dmg ability but also your main AoE dmg ability.
    - Burning light passive greatly increases biting jabs dmg
    - BEcause biting jabs has FOUR attacks, it increases your chance of critting on each attack and proc'ing a number of armor set/ weapon enchant bonuses, invluding the scoria armor set and one of my favorite abilities, evil hunter.
    - Biting jabs offers an increase to Crit chance when its used (a HUGE increase), and since it is your main dmging ability and is used very often the buff it offers is almost always active.
    - Wrecking blow freezes the user in place while its channeled, biting jabs allows freedom of movement.

There are probably more reasons i am failing to mention, but you get the point.

For stamina templars biting jabs is FAR superior to wrecking blow, dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.