Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP - No addons, Noob questions

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
So assume I'm using no addons, can some pvp veterans please answer these questions?
1) When crouched and hidden, what is the radius of your stealth to enemy players?
2) Can the radius of stealth decrease between different level players? Level 10 vs V14 for example
3) When deploying a siege weapon, does leaving the weapon decrease its damage? (Instead of staying in aiming mode)
4) On the default pvp map, how do you tell where the attacks are? Just by looking at the siege weapons deployed?
5) What's the advantage of taking ownership of a pvp spot for your guild? Like a mine or keep.
6) Why can't you quick travel to some waypoints that the map says your faction owns?
7) Does a level 10 contribute anything to pvp? Can they even kill a Veteran rank?

That's it for now. Thanks
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Not a PvP veteran, but on some of your questions, I can give an answer.
    uberkull wrote: »
    2) Can the radius of stealth decrease between different level players? Level 10 vs V14 for example
    No, the base stealth radius is the same for every player, no matter what level. But, there are some things that increase the radius, e.g., the third passive from medium armor.
    3) When deploying a siege weapon, does leaving the weapon decrease its damage? (Instead of staying in aiming mode)
    No, you can (and imo should) leave the siege weapon while it reloads. That way, you can react much better to incomming siege fire from your enemies or a simple player attack. Once it's reloaded (as noticed by the reload animation), get back on it and take your shoot.
    4) On the default pvp map, how do you tell where the attacks are? Just by looking at the siege weapons deployed?
    Yes, for example. You will have noticed that every keep or outpost that has its outer walls below 50 % at some place will show in a different way on the map. Also, fights are displayed on the map by crossed swords. Other than that, pay attention to the zone chat, although many things don't enter zone chat due to spies.
    6) Why can't you quick travel to some waypoints that the map says your faction owns?
    There has to be a continous route from the place you're at to your destination. Furthermore, you cannot travel to keeps or outposts, and cannot respawn there either, that show on the map as being attacked (outer walls below 50 %). And there is something with the ressources, if I remember correctly. (If you win a keep, you need to own all ressources before you can use the transitus.)

7) Does a level 10 contribute anything to pvp? Can they even kill a Veteran rank?
    That depends on many things. You can allways use siege weapons. All men are equal behind a ballista. You can stick with a larger group. Just try for yourself! You should definitely not try to hide and trap other players as you will most likely just be a snack for them.

Edit wants to thank you for a double post. Always refreshing to spend some time writing an answer just to discover that all those answers were already given in the other copy of this thread. :(
    Edited by tiamak on May 4, 2015 9:04AM
  • Echo_Silence
    @tiamak Very well said, couldn't have said anymore if I was you. Great Job! :)
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tiamak wrote: »

Edit wants to thank you for a double post. Always refreshing to spend some time writing an answer just to discover that all those answers were already given in the other copy of this thread. :(

Sorry about that. I didn't get a hit on this thread for a few hours, so I posted the other one.

But you answered some in a more detailed manner, and some that others didn't answer. So I thank you for your time! :)

Edited by Uberkull on May 4, 2015 12:30PM
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬