Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign scores

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder.. does anybody actually care about these?
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure do. I think those that don't care and only farm AP are a blight and ruin the spirit of the competition. They're taking up valuable space in competitive campaigns and bring the rest of their faction down for their own selfish gains.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mkay.. as an old DAoC player where we didn't have a score and the fight was more about realm pride and keeping the enemy out of your home land, not about some artificial number.. I'm not interested in the number at all, was wondering how other people felt about it.
    It seems the "number" is too easy to manipulate and rather meaningless. Ofcourse, in Cyrodiil there isn't really something like a home land, ie your realm's piece of the world.

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Mkay.. as an old DAoC player where we didn't have a score and the fight was more about realm pride and keeping the enemy out of your home land, not about some artificial number.. I'm not interested in the number at all, was wondering how other people felt about it.
    It seems the "number" is too easy to manipulate and rather meaningless. Ofcourse, in Cyrodiil there isn't really something like a home land, ie your realm's piece of the world.

The number is directly impacted by your factions ability to maintain their own home keeps and scrolls and push the enemy keeps/scrolls. If your faction in any given campaign is poor at this they score will reflect it.

Edited by LtCrunch on May 4, 2015 12:16PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

The number is directly impacted by your factions ability to maintain their own home keeps and scrolls and push the enemy keeps/scrolls. If you faction in any given campaign is poor at this they score will reflect it.

Nowhere near the realm pride you had in DAoC like @Docmandu said
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without the score, how do you decide a winner and loser at the end of a campaign? If there is no winner or loser then it's just an endless slog which becomes more and more pointless as time goes on. It's a motivation thing. Nothing would motivate players to actually participate in the siege play without campaign winners and losers. It would just be duels, open field skirmishes and farming.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually also a proponed for an endless campaign.. have seen campaigns go *** up after reset more often than I cared for.
    Even today, the score isn't the only motivator, you also get bonuses per keep/resource you have in cyrodiil and when Imperial City arrives, opening access for your side will also be a motivator.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't anymore. Atleast not like I use to. I have no control over night capping. Therefore I refuse to get too caught up now a days.
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

The number is directly impacted by your factions ability to maintain their own home keeps and scrolls and push the enemy keeps/scrolls. If you faction in any given campaign is poor at this they score will reflect it.

Players did have actual realm pride in DAOC but that doesn't exist in games anymore. "Realm Pride" is a term used sarcastically to mock players who seem to be taking pvp "too srsly".

1*mdLDfXlaiUER7YcwA0ql2g.jpeg
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karnus wrote: »
    Players did have actual realm pride in DAOC but that doesn't exist in games anymore. "Realm Pride" is a term used sarcastically to mock players who seem to be taking pvp "too srsly".
    That's because players in ESO are too busy following the buff servers to ever have loyalty.
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    That's because players in ESO are too busy following the buff servers to ever have loyalty.

It's just the way things change over time, most payers in Warhammer started out with real realm pride but 5 years later toward the end of the game "realm pride" was nothing but a joke as far as most were concerned.
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    The campaign scoring is entirely too easy to manipulate, and it's getting to be a real pain trying to be competitive on that score, when a major part of your faction consists of pve folks hiding in delves for hours to grind CP, or RP folks who dance around in Bruma cathedral for an RP wedding.

So in short, to hell with the campaign score, get AP.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew Carey is our host
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem all stems from how this PvP is structured. People do not really care about the objectives because of a few reasons:

1. Enemy zergs the map with locked pop whilst the other 2 pops have medium or below (aka Night capping; every faction is guilty of this).
    2. Other than a few thousand more gold, there is no point to winning a campaign.
    3. Massive lag when fighting on objectives with player numbers of 200+.

On top of this, there are a few PvP guilds on NA server, that could care less about the health and quality of the PvP in this game. Since the start of this game, they have exploited and cheated just to win. This has severely damaged the health and prestige of what this games PvP could be and should have been.

Until ZOS addresses these issues and restructures everything, PvP in ESO will suffer sadly.
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on May 6, 2015 6:57PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem all stems from how this PvP is structured. People do not really care about the objectives because of a few reasons:

1. Enemy zergs the map with locked pop whilst the other 2 pops have medium or below (aka Night capping; every faction is guilty of this).
    2. Other than a few thousand more gold, there is no point to winning a campaign.
    3. Massive lag when fighting on objectives with player numbers of 200+.

On top of this, there are a few PvP guilds on NA server, that could care less about the health and quality of the PvP in this game. Since the start of this game, they have exploited and cheated just to win. This has severely damaged the health and prestige of what this games PvP could be and should have been.

Until ZOS addresses these issues and restructures everything, PvP in ESO will suffer sadly.

Hit the nail on the head the bolded portion. I don't agree with number 2 though, because the reward aside from some gold and/or purple/gold gear drops are bragging rights. Sadly I believe the bolded portion of your post impacts this pretty heavily.
    NerdSauce Gaming

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure do. I think those that don't care and only farm AP are a blight and ruin the spirit of the competition. They're taking up valuable space in competitive campaigns and bring the rest of their faction down for their own selfish gains.

I agree with this 100%, plus there is no faction pride, with travel to friend and changing factions at a whim, all bad for ESO pvp in the long run.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It goes deeper than that. Certain guilds full of macro spamming cheaters not only don't care about quality of pvp in the game, they are fine with destroying the pvp for everyone to get their way.

The funniest thing about it all is that the members of those guilds post here like they have something constructive to add to anything. If you ever name them they will get your post deleted, when if fact anyone that wasn't cheating and was accused of it wouldn't give a crap... that's like a compliment to them. Accuse Sypher of cheating, I'd bet he wouldn't care and would take it as a compliment. Then again with his current company he might have gone the macro everything route by now...

But those posters that talk trash here and are basically cheaters and exploiters are treated quite well on these forums.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    macro spamming cheaters

Call me stupid.. but.. what exactly do you mean by this?!

I'm not sure what exactly benefits from macroing in this game, unless people are using multiple accounts and have a couple of heal bots spamming heals?!

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how the point system is calculated, what you get points for and what give more?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO you think I cheat and macro? ..
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

1*mdLDfXlaiUER7YcwA0ql2g.jpeg

Dude, even DAOC had capes.

What the heck ZoS
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    In order to have pride you have to accomplish/ achieve something. There is nothing in this game to take pride in......
    Like a Boss!
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

Nah I've not seen the nonsense from you yet. But you gotta know that some of the people you have been rolling in with certain ly are. But yours is the reaction of someone that likely doesn't exploit, the ones that go crazy and get everything editted out being inverse of that ;p
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    macro spamming cheaters

I'm not sure what exactly benefits from macroing in this game, unless people are using multiple accounts and have a couple of heal bots spamming heals?!

@rfennell_ESO still wondering what you exactly mean by macro spamming cheaters
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you pvp I'm sure you have seen certain players that get off multiple attacks simultaneously or the ones that spam wrecking blow with rapidity?

Now the simultaneous attacks, I've no clue how that exploit works... But when you macro something like wrecking blow with block, you can get them off faster than the "cooldown" for wrecking blow. It's just a matter of figuring out how much of the animation is required for wrecking blow to still fire and then adding a block to animation cancel. It can be done manually, of course.... but, if you've seen it in action it's being done with a macro. I could name names... but those special turdblossoms would have my post edited (unlike sypher) immediately.

Then you have the 3 mundus stone cheats. The "magic" lag cheats. The "they must have a spy" cheats (you know when certain guilds are waiting for a raid to hit a keep in stealth, even when that keep had been cut off from transit). The "lol bro I'm teleporting through outpost and keep walls bro" cheat. The "lol bro I'm hitting you with 3 attacks simultaneously, u mad bro" cheats.

Worst part of it all is that ZOS is asleep at the wheel.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

You cheat on me all the darn time Sypher!

My feelings for you are real senpai, notice me! :'(
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    macro spamming cheaters

Macros are not allowed in ESO. ZOS has already made statements saying that if you have to run a third party program to string together attacks just to cancel out animations; it is against the TOS.

To make this point clear; ZOS has stated any player that is manually canceling animation to activate skills is seen as part of the game and is allowed. For example, hit a skill and then hit block right after; it cuts the animation out and instantly casts the skill. This is more easily done with people who have a gaming mouse.

The problem comes into play when you take a third party program and string 4-5 attacks together with one keybind (aka macros). What this does is take an attack string of usually 4--5 seconds and jams it into 1-2 seconds due to the auto animation canceling done by the macro string.

Everybody understand the difference?

Sorcs are notorious for using macros. Templars and DKs not so much due to the fact we are a brute class and do not have the luxury of skipping away with blink and twinkling fairy dust everywhere. I have seen a few NB Macros done out of stealth.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs are notorious for using macros. Templars and DKs not so much due to the fact we are a brute class and do not have the luxury of skipping away with blink and twinkling fairy dust everywhere. I have seen a few NB Macros done out of stealth.

Heh.

Mostly it's dk, temps and nightblades... just about all stamina builds you see using them.

For the most part, being there is no "rotation" and magicka sorcs are 3 bars of abilities being used... I don't think macroing would work very well.

Tell you the truth, thinking about it I can't see much benefit to it for a sorc at all. Just the opposite really.

Regardless of who people want to blame for cheating, it doesn't change the fact that the cheating is an issue.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of who people want to blame for cheating, it doesn't change the fact that the cheating is an issue.

True, but I also thing the issues regularly get blown out of proportions.. remember the Champion Points, the number that "some" people supposedly had accrued went up by 50 every time it was mentioned on these forums.

Happens on all game forums ofcourse. We haven't had a good RADAR accusation thread yet, so my guess is that one will be next :-)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True, but I also thing the issues regularly get blown out of proportions.. remember the Champion Points, the number that "some" people supposedly had accrued went up by 50 every time it was mentioned on these forums.

Happens on all game forums ofcourse. We haven't had a good RADAR accusation thread yet, so my guess is that one will be next :-)

No doubt.

People exaggerate an issue to get attention for it though. Obviously there is a point where the exaggeration becomes the bigger lie.