Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Soul Lock Functionality

nclauson
nclauson
Soul Shriven
I was wondering if any who has put points into the Soul Lock passive (in the Soul Magic tree) can tell me if the skill will allow gems to be filled upon kills with weapon abilities or just with light or heavy attacks? I almost always find myself killing enemies using abilities only, so if the passive works with abilities I'll pick it up; if not, I won't.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I have it, but I have no idea when it works. My soul gem collection is usually 90% filled which I attribute to the skill since I make no effort to fill them up. Sorry if that seems like a useless thing to say but I've never specifically tested it and I usually use Puncturing Jabs and the Templar Finishing Move rather than Resto Staff.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain it's light and heavy attacks. I asked ages ago if this was bugged as i didn't seem to be filling any empty gems, and i'm pretty sure that was the answer i got.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I never spend points in the skill because it seems to be only light and heavy attacks, I am not sure why I would be using those when I can spam an execute ability.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only skill in the Soul Trap line that I put any points into once the passive is unlocked. I never even enable Soul Trap after this is available. My Soul Gems are always getting filled. I don't know if it only procs on Heavy or Light Attacks, but I am always getting soul gems filled in fights.

However, I tend to weave in light and heavy attacks with my skills. It is also easy to use a Light or Heavy attack as a finisher.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I put one point in it and it seems to be keeping me stocked up on filled soul gems pretty well. Don't know what exactly triggers it, but I don't particularly care as long as it keeps working for me. :tongue:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sadly I never spend points in the skill because it seems to be only light and heavy attacks, I am not sure why I would be using those when I can spam an execute ability.

Thinking about this now, I have been in fights where I know the finisher was not a Light/Heavy Attack, but I was using weapon based skills during the fight. So, perhaps any skill that is weapon based also gives the Soul Lock. I mean, I fill gems all the time, or see the message about not having the right gem. But I don't use all that many Light and Heavy regular attacks.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eelijve
    Eelijve
    Soul Shriven
    I purchased this ability. I use weapon abilities 100% of the time during one full leveling from 29 to 30, the gems never filled up. I was using the correct level gems and killing the right level enemies. Kinda useless to most people, i think this needs to change.
    I'm done with riddles and metaphors.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    It like the spell get a kill 4secs after a weapon attack you have a small chance to full

Like the skill tree perk in skyrim for bound weapon