Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this obtainable damage from caltrops?

Zyle
Zyle
✭✭✭✭✭
12kcaltrop.png

Is it normal to see this kind of damage from caltrops?

676 CP
Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    If you sit in the caltrops, yes. It adds up all the damage ticks into one number for the death recap. Caltrops hits for 600 or so, but can crit up to 1200 each tick. With that in mind, even with crits.. you were sitting in someone's caltrops trying to fight at least 3 people. That obviously didnt' work out well. When you see caltrops, try to get out. It does decent dot damage, and it also slows you.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it eats your stamina if you try to block hardhitter impacts like WB, CF, LA, any nb attack etc...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    and it eats your stamina if you try to block hardhitter impacts like WB, CF, LA, any nb attack etc...

There is a reason I always have caltrops slotted.
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    Tankqull wrote: »

it no longer eats stamina anymore as its a floor AOE and no AOE on floor drains stamina
    i know this from EXP
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also has a chance to proc camo hunter even if you're not undead and the caster is in hide.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you undead? Evil Hunter + Caltrops melts undead pretty nicely. :)
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    If you sit in the caltrops, yes. It adds up all the damage ticks into one number for the death recap. Caltrops hits for 600 or so, but can crit up to 1200 each tick. With that in mind, even with crits.. you were sitting in someone's caltrops trying to fight at least 3 people. That obviously didnt' work out well. When you see caltrops, try to get out. It does decent dot damage, and it also slows you.

Thank you for the info, had no idea it could tick that many times, I got face rolled in under 4 seconds however, does it tick every second or is it based on movement?
    Are you undead? Evil Hunter + Caltrops melts undead pretty nicely. :)

Nope xD Templar tank, have 29k armor and 31k spell resist

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK