The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil without lags! [idea]

Detector
Detector
✭✭✭✭
1) Add new legendary resource for craft – can change trait/style for existing armor/weapon.
2) New resource will drop from boss in cave Cyrodiil (close to the enemy fortress chance anymore).
3) No large zergs – many pvp-activity in different parts of the Cyrodiil. No lags - profit!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should just take the lag and push it somewhere else.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding more PvE to the only PvP zone is not a solution.
    Edited by Sallington on April 30, 2015 6:20PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • blacklight25
    blacklight25
    Soul Shriven
    I don't really get how people don't understand why Cyrodiil lags for them. Its one area (prolly the largest) with over 6 instances, each of which has tons of players in it fighting at all times,

i run the game at the highest everything except water reflectivity when out of Cyrodiil, i get into PvP and i drop the overall setting to medium, everything looks more than good enough still and i get no lag at all.

Am i just the first one to try that or do the majority of ESO players just have garbage PC's and internet connections?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really get how people don't understand why Cyrodiil lags for them. Its one area (prolly the largest) with over 6 instances, each of which has tons of players in it fighting at all times,

i run the game at the highest everything except water reflectivity when out of Cyrodiil, i get into PvP and i drop the overall setting to medium, everything looks more than good enough still and i get no lag at all.

Am i just the first one to try that or do the majority of ESO players just have garbage PC's and internet connections?

You're confusing FPS drops with lag.

FPS drops are 100 people in a keep and you getting 20FPS.

Lag is 100 people in the keep firing off spells, but no one is taking damage.
    Edited by Sallington on April 30, 2015 8:36PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • blacklight25
    blacklight25
    Soul Shriven
    Sallington wrote: »

I know the difference, and like i said, no lag at all.

i understand what made you make that assumption since i mentioned turning down graphical settings, but when playing on the highest settings ill experience both while when playing on medium ill experience none.

glad i could make this comment before anyone else posted XD
  • ben_ESO5
    ben_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

I know the difference, and like i said, no lag at all.

i understand what made you make that assumption since i mentioned turning down graphical settings, but when playing on the highest settings ill experience both while when playing on medium ill experience none.

glad i could make this comment before anyone else posted XD

You're still talking about two different things. The "lag" that is being referred to in this thread generally only happens in campaigns that have the highest population (triple pop-locked or close to it). The confusion arises because most people post about Cyrodiil lagging, which is not true (as if the zone lags no matter what), what is true is highly populated campaigns coming to a complete standstill, which has nothing to do with your visual settings, but with server being unable to handle the shear number of requests being made in a localized area on the map during huge battles. When the lag takes hold, damage stops registering on your targets, and your skills stop firing in a timely matter. Damage and attacks become completely unsynced, and whole mobs of people will run around and not take damage -- i.e., *nothing* combat-related works. As a result, you'll start seeing people just stand around, play instruments, emote, and cry in chat while they wait for the server to catch up. Lowering your visual effects does nothing to solve the problem, since it's server-side (affects everyone), and not client-side (affects just you).

If you have not experienced this, it's because you have visited campaigns with lower populations, which perform very well, even with large battles. But on the NA server, Thornblade used to be mostly unplayable during peak hours, and lately, this seems to have now moved to Chillrend.

Edited by ben_ESO5 on April 30, 2015 10:08PM