Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fast Way to Level Blacksmithing

xRegosx
xRegosx
✭✭
Hello everyone.I dont know for other people but for me improving my crafting skills can be boring.Well even if its boring i still want to improve my crafting skills so i thought it would be better if there was a faster way.About 2 days ago i leveled my blacksmithing to level 50 in 1 hour or maybe 1.5 hour and i want to share you how i did it.

First ,start by going to the city Wayrest in Stormhaven.Than find a place called Red Squall Armory near the Fighters Guild building.Behind this armory there is a building called The High King's Forge.You will have to go into Red Squall Armory and than steal every metal equipment in the first floor.(Swords,daggers,greatswords etc.)Than when you clear the first floor you will have to log out of the game and re login.When you do this,the items you stolen will respawn in there exact same position.You will have to repeat this untill your inventory is almost full.(You have to leave at least 4 empty inventory space to be able to deconstruct your items.)After that you will have to go The High King's Forge and just deconstruct the items you have stolen.İf you repeat this total process you should be able to make your blacksmithing level 50 in 1 hour or 1.5 hour.Will it be boring? Yeah it will be boring but at least it will be faster.İ dont know if there is a faster way but this is how i did it :D i wish that i had a video to upload how i did it but unfortunately i dont.Good luck to the people who will try.

Red_Squall_ArmoryMaplocation.png

• blacklight25
    blacklight25
    Soul Shriven
    I do the same exact thing, i don't have a specific spot i go to, but i usually steal everything i can in a given area then decon for the mats and experience.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decon IP is a fixed amount per material level. And lower level characters will receive a decon penalty until BS level 12~14.

Do you remember what level of material those items were and how much IP you were getting per decon?

It takes exactly 3,667,895 IP to level any hard craft (BS/WW/Cloth) from 1-50.

Even with VR9 Voidstone items it would take 934/849 daggers to level 1-50 BS. (849 with subscribed 10% bonus IP)

Did that one area actually provide more than 800 items?

Not questioning your accomplishment but unless those items were VR level the decon per item is greatly reduced. If stolen items have been given any bonus to decon IP it deserves some more detailed research to get good data to share with others.
  • xRegosx
    xRegosx
    ✭✭
    I didnt think it like that,i did this process at veteran rank 9, and you are right it does deserve more detailed research sorry for lack of info.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Did that one area actually provide more than 800 items?

Not questioning your accomplishment but unless those items were VR level the decon per item is greatly reduced. If stolen items have been given any bonus to decon IP it deserves some more detailed research to get good data to share with others.

The place the OP is talking about is chock full of items to decon. However, I think it would take more items from there to gain the same inspiration as say VR Loot would. One thing to keep in mind, the 0 cost items that are looted from containers give next to no mats, and very little Inspiration from decon. It appears that the loot from the JS do give more decon inspiration, and perhaps that is ranked to the character. So, it would be interesting to see how long a L15 (assuming normal quest progression to get you to Wayrest) would take to get to L50 in BS.

Also, low level characters, not just low crafting level characters, don't get as much Inspiration from items as VR Ranks. So, a L4 doing this would have to decon more items than a VR9 to gain the same crafting levels.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that deconstructing some vr1 level purple dropped loot could give you mote exp than deconstruction of vr14 item crafted by other player.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    I've noticed that deconstructing some vr1 level purple dropped loot could give you mote exp than deconstruction of vr14 item crafted by other player.

That was not the case before 1.6 at all. In fact dropped was always a lot lower.

Any chance you remember what kind of item it was? Did it have inspiration or was it a set item that just might give more than a single crafted item of same material and level?
    Edited by SpAEkus on May 5, 2015 1:44PM
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd be careful with that. Don't know if I'd want to promote relogging as a method of char progression. Not sure if the verdict is out on that one.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for getting minimal materials out of deconstructed zero-level items go, yes, I get that.

If (for me a big, no longer applicable if) you have spare green level improvement stones you can improve the item before you deconstruct it, which will greatly enhance your chances of getting something from it (best I've gotten from this was a honing stone, a style stone and 1-3 ingots of whatever) but it is random.

I have no idea what that would do to the inspiration you get
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Note: Everyone chooses to level how they want/can, but if you choose to power level a craft and then want to do a craft writs you may not be able to get the raw material to do so. The writ is based on craft level not character level....

So be warned
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Brantley04
    in order to gain more exp per item, launder them first, then make your money back by selling the materials back
    Yeltnarb - Dragonknight, EP Xbox One NA server
  • cwy
    cwy
    ✭✭
    Any idea how many levels your *character* will level-up after fast-leveling blacksmith to 50?