The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which items can you find in which crates?

Trollwut
Trollwut
✭✭✭
Hi folks!

I'm looking for a simple listing of places or object and what can be found in them.
AFAIK in some crates/bags there are specific types of items and in others, well... there are other ones.

Example:

Heavy Sack - Always crafting material
Cupboards - Motifs, provisioning

Is it possible to do such a listing? If so, I would be glad if you help me. :)

Best Answers

• Echo_Silence
    I can say some things that I remember off of hand.

Barrel - Provisioning
    Kegs - Potions (Barrels that are on a wooden frame of a wall).
    Chests - Weapons, Armor, And Soul Gem's. (Chests that you have to pick lock).
    Cupboards - Provisioning, Potions
    Long Dressers Cabinet - Cloths/Armor, Possibly weapons.
    Dressers - Motifs, And common items
    House Chests - Motifs, Gold, (With Emblems on them).

This is all I can think of at the moment. I'm hoping someone else can give a better listing then me. Good Luck!

@Trollwut

~Echo_Silence
    Answer ✓
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny enough, since TU, I've found all sorts of random items in all containers.

Kegs for instance have been giving me weapons at times, or banners (other stolen goods), etc.

Backpacks, Dressers, Cabinets, and Chests have given me motifs in the past as well.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Answer ✓
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten motifs from wardrobes, dressers, nightstands, and chests (maybe heavy sacks too?).
    Answer ✓
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Often times regular barrels (not kegs) will either give 2 of a provisioning item or a white-quality fence item.

Backpacks sometimes have a style stone and a recipe or motif in them, but it's usually just a stone, lockpick, or fence item.

Pots usually have water or lockpicks in them.
    Edited by Mataata on April 30, 2015 1:55PM
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
    Answer ✓
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get motifs from little dwemer pots. A lot.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also Heavy Crates, which give, usually, a double amount of Crafting Mats.

Burned Crates and Barrels pretty much give anything that is looted, mostly provisioning lately, but I have pulled Motifs in the past from them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Barrel - Provisioning

This is all I can think of at the moment. I'm hoping someone else can give a better listing then me. Good Luck!

@Trollwut

~Echo_Silence

Not quite, in barrels you cannot only find provisioning ingredients, but also items you can steal for the Legerdemain skill.
    Often I see other players running past barrels, sacks and crates, apparently not knowing that there are even more of these items to find.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Barrel - Provisioning

@Trollwut

~Echo_Silence

Not quite, in barrels you cannot only find provisioning ingredients, but also items you can steal for the Legerdemain skill.
    Often I see other players running past barrels, sacks and crates, apparently not knowing that there are even more of these items to find.

Yep. I enjoy doing looting runs through buildings with a dense amount of crates/barrels. All sorts of goodies in there. :)
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Barrel - Provisioning

@Trollwut

~Echo_Silence

Yep. I enjoy doing looting runs through buildings with a dense amount of crates/barrels. All sorts of goodies in there. :)

Hehe, yeah, me too ;) I think every container which is not a keg or a named one like "Flour Sack" is worth to be checked out^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are also Heavy Crates, which give, usually, a double amount of Crafting Mats.
    You know, I see these all the time in Coldharbour, but I can't recall ever seeing one in a different zone... And I've noticed that they often give raw materials like wood, while I've never seen that type of material come from a heavy sack (which is usually a rune or a trait stone).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    You know, I see these all the time in Coldharbour, but I can't recall ever seeing one in a different zone... And I've noticed that they often give raw materials like wood, while I've never seen that type of material come from a heavy sack (which is usually a rune or a trait stone).

I have not noticed as many of these in the world as I did in the past. Perhaps because of the CP Passive that gives a chance for more stuff from a node. There are two for sure near the Vile Lab (the platform where you get the quest for the area, one by the tent and one by the structure that has the desk in it) Now, I have not been up there since the CP System dropped, so maybe they are not there any more. But, it was a container I got two Rekuta's from. I did also get a Kuta once, but mostly crafting mats.

But, the ones I did see in the past were always tucked away behind tents and under pavilions. They were not easy to see or find. Plus, like all nodes they fade away on looting.

Edited by Nestor on April 30, 2015 8:44PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I have not noticed as many of these in the world as I did in the past. Perhaps because of the CP Passive that gives a chance for more stuff from a node. There are two for sure near the Vile Lab (the platform where you get the quest for the area, one by the tent and one by the structure that has the desk in it) Now, I have not been up there since the CP System dropped, so maybe they are not there any more. But, it was a container I got two Rekuta's from. I did also get a Kuta once, but mostly crafting mats.

But, the ones I did see in the past were always tucked away behind tents and under pavilions. They were not easy to see or find. Plus, like all nodes they fade away on looting.
    Yeah, I've found a lot of them hidden away in nooks and crannies in the Coldharbour public dungeon (can't remember what it's called: the one with all the floating islands of buildings, where I get lost constantly and never know how to get from where I am to where I want to go).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)