The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Divines trait in crafting - Huge question

kylerjalen
kylerjalen
✭✭✭
I saw somewhere else online that if you craft more than three pieces of armor with the "Divines" trait, its essentially wasted since there is a cap to the effects. Is that true? I was trying to read some patch notes and other documentation along those lines and I could not find anything. It would peeve me if that were the case because I just crafted a set of armor that I upgraded up to Legendary with five pieces that were all with divines.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he's wrong.
    If you have all 7 pieces with Divine, you get roughly a 50% bonus on your boon(s).
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not heard this, but easy to test if you have the armor already. Please share your findings.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 4 pieces with the Divines trait and get the buffs I expect to get.

It's easy to test. Put on 4 or more Divine Traited items, look at your character stats, then remove one and see what the difference is.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cap on it could have been pre 1.6 when there were softcaps. As a crafter I get a lot of repeat customers asking for all Divines.
    Edited by Robbmrp on April 30, 2015 6:15PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    Tested it and... yes @Trollwut and @Nestor are correct.
    I'll post the results in a bit when I get back to my comp.
    I guess you can go crazy and seven piece Divine your armor if you so wish.
    w00t!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There USED to be a bug with divine armor but that was fixed a long time ago
    Most people still only use divine on small pieces (gloves, belt, shoulders, shoes) as you get more value for money using infused on the big pieces (helm, chest, legs, shield)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    There USED to be a bug with divine armor but that was fixed a long time ago
    Most people still only use divine on small pieces (gloves, belt, shoulders, shoes) as you get more value for money using infused on the big pieces (helm, chest, legs, shield)
    That's exactly what I do with all of my gear sets that I craft. Well, unless I'm putting training on everything to quickly level up an armour skill line that I hadn't been using before...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    It got busy for the weekend but yeah, I did just that. Crafted four pieces with divines on them and the Warrior stone.
    For some reason i can't upload photos to a host site but in short:
    Weapon damage with four divine pieces = 1333
    Weapon damage with three divine pieces = 1187

So yeah, divine trait away :smiley: