The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It takes Textures, Objects & NPCs Forever to Load

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
Any idea why this is? I'm running with an Nvidia 550m, with 4 gigs of RAM and an intel 2.5 i5 processor, 3rd generation I think. I also have a 5400 RPM hard drive. Thanks!
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't use a horse because of this. I'll immediately hit a loading screen if I start sprinting! Also, I constantly get attached by invisible monster NPCs if I move too quickly throughout the world.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Well as the information provided is really small, I guess its your Hard Drive.

As you ride through the world, new objects appear. These objects have to be loaded from your HDD and when it's not fast enough (and 5400 RPM is pretty slow nowadays), then it has to solve this with a loading screen.

Do you have access to another faster hard drive?
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Intermittently same issues.... running on SSD hard drives.... definitely not the drive
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its your laptop. Very under powered all around for this game.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    For my comment.... Not the drive on my system :)

His system... yes under powered
  • gezzerb16_ESO
    Trollwut wrote: »
    Well as the information provided is really small, I guess its your Hard Drive.

As you ride through the world, new objects appear. These objects have to be loaded from your HDD and when it's not fast enough (and 5400 RPM is pretty slow nowadays), then it has to solve this with a loading screen.

Do you have access to another faster hard drive?

The HDD while slow wouldn't have this effect. It's still fast enough for loading textures, on the other hand the 550M is a slow ass card, so it might take forever to calculate and render the textures, if they're set too high. Might even be the reason behind the "invisible monsters". But those might also be a combination of slow laptop and network issues. When you're being damaged in that manner it's because the game server thinks you're someplace different than the one being rendered.

OP maybe check your connection. I was playing on one of my computers (in bedroom) that was connected to the main router through WiFI. I was using 5Ghz AC and had lots of connection issues which I assumed was the servers timing out. Things like almost every time I went to use a crafting table or was sprinting it would just freeze, even got kicked a few times. But with more testing I found that while the 5Ghz AC connection worked fine for file transfers and movie streaming, it wasn't stable enough for the game. Switched to 2.5Ghz N and all the problems went away. If you're using WiFi eliminate that from the equation by using the network port with a hardline instead. It might fix some or all of your issues.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not using an SSD try to defrag your Harddrive to see if it speeds up the loading times of textures.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."