The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing and Performance may be improved for some players with NVidia cards

Wily_Wizard
Wily_Wizard
✭✭✭
Check these articles over at Gforce forums:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/573811/nvidia-streamer-service-may-be-freezing-your-pc/

This could be related to the memory leak too:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/672846/nvstreamsvc-exe-memory-leak/

I just checked my windows services and disabled this streamer service. I'll try to play for a while and see how things go, and report back.
(NOTE: Don't disable this service if you need to use Nvidia Shield or the Nvidia streamer service)
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Quick Directions

*Type into the run/search bar: services.msc

Scroll down, look for this service
    JQQmRVr.png

*Double-click the service, then select disable in the pop-up menu. Click Ok.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot. I had this issue ever since I installed windows 10 technical preview. At first I blamed the fact that I was playing on a beta machine and ESO was just not ready for it. But then another game had the exact same issue so I had it on my to do list.

The (lesser) workaround for me was playing on windowed mode (full screen). Your solution works too and is off course much better.

(NOTE: Don't disable this service if you need to use Nvidia Shield or the Nvidia streamer service)

as far as I know, the Nvidia Shield (special gaming tablet) is the only device currently using the streamer service. As it seems a very serious issue, I don't think that many other devices are going to use it while these issues exist. Just to clarify to people wondering if they can live without: If you don't have a shield tablet, then don't worry and disable it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    So I played for at least 6 or 7 hours straight lastnight without crashing, that's a new record for me. I did finally crash, but it was a new type "lesser" crash, my screen just froze and I had to restart ESO...but I can definitely live with 6+ hours of un-interrupted gameplay. I'll see how it does tonight and post if there are any updates.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I played for at least 6 or 7 hours straight lastnight without crashing, that's a new record for me. I did finally crash, but it was a new type "lesser" crash, my screen just froze and I had to restart ESO...but I can definitely live with 6+ hours of un-interrupted gameplay. I'll see how it does tonight and post if there are any updates.

I have the "lesser" crash too.

Only consistencys are:

1. In major town(usually doing writs and on travel from writ turn-in to the bank/or vice versa).
    2. The mail from my guilds returns(I always go in and review and delete them before I start off on the writs), so I have to delete them again.

Usually happens 1x per day, very rarely 2xs.

• Netswine
    Netswine
    That streamer service bug is from 2014, I am not sure it is still an issue.
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Netswine wrote: »
    That streamer service bug is from 2014, I am not sure it is still an issue.

Me either. I'm just so desperate to play that I'll try anything.

• Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »

I have the "lesser" crash too.

Only consistencys are:

1. In major town(usually doing writs and on travel from writ turn-in to the bank/or vice versa).
    2. The mail from my guilds returns(I always go in and review and delete them before I start off on the writs), so I have to delete them again.

Usually happens 1x per day, very rarely 2xs.

Now that you mention it, I think it has only happened when I was in a town so far too.