The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AwesomiumProcess.exe

dennissomb16_ESO
dennissomb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to remove this from the game? I do not see it under ESO or general computer software, but it launches at random times in the background while playing ESO and causes pretty severe lag/cpu load. even with a 4770k processor this program overloads CPU power pretty fast
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill it and see what happens :).

My understanding is that it's used for menus, interfaces etc...

Another thread on it: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/63043/why-is-awesomiumprocess-exe-using-so-much-cpu
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly it's used by the launcher for the news, try closing the launcher after the game starts.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The launcher runs the news without this process. So that's not it.

I just confirmed that it launches when you do anything in-game that brings up the help, knowledge base and bug menus. It did not launch when opening my inventory. I didn't check all the other in-game menus. In reviewing the strings stored in the EXE, it also appears to play a role in managing error conditions (not confirmed though)

Once you close the in-game help and bug related menus, the process goes away. So since the process is not persisted, I see no reason to go extreme on this unless it persists for you and doesn't go away. In that case, you may have another problem.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had killed the process. Then when porting to a waystone in town, it simply started again on its own. No help screen, or any other action, simply porting into town. It is easy to see that it restarted on its own as it caused massive lag. I am hoping zenimax will look at this and let us now how to disable it
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had killed the process. Then when porting to a waystone in town, it simply started again on its own. No help screen, or any other action, simply porting into town. It is easy to see that it restarted on its own as it caused massive lag. I am hoping zenimax will look at this and let us now how to disable it
    very interesting on it creating after porting. no surprise on it launching on it's own though.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesomiumprocess is a part of the game, but developed by an outside third party. It basicly is a webbrowser (like internet explorer or google chrome) to present webcontent inside the game. This technique allows them to adjust certain content without having to patch the entire game.

Which elements require this process exactly is unknown, but it is an important process for the game to function (hence why it restarts when you interupt it)

A suspect is the crownstore. Take the Senche leopard. This mount was put into the game long before it was available. It was put in, but you couldn't get it. On April 16 (a thursday) it appeared inside the crownstore without an update or maintanance (and was taken out again 4 days later). So I suspect that the crownstore runs fully on this process as a website.

But there are plenty of other possible things it is working for.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU