The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Sorcerer] Summons: Are they too weak?(Especially in PvP)

• Drago Belsazar
    Yes - Summons are to weak and they should scale with more than only with Magicka!
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    Pets are stupidly good in PvE, as many have stated.

Not in groups on bosses - they are uncontrollable aggro monkeys that die too much.

So I'm not sure what you are talking about... solo play perhaps?

I have stated now many times a Sorcerer can perform better without pets in every case. Maybe a Solo Sorcerer in Light Armor maximum DPS profits most with Tank-Pet, but is still better without pets.
  • Drago Belsazar
    Yes - Summons are to weak and they should scale with more than only with Magicka!
    Snit wrote: »
    - DPS: If you only spam Crushing Shock + Crystal Fragments you perform about 4 times better than using Unstable Clannfear + Restoring Twilight + Daedric Prey + Empowered Wardeful

Pet players should also be spamming Force Shock. Do you expect to cast your pets and have them do all the damage?

1.) If he would spam Force Shock aswell, he would do less damage because stat decrease(without some buffs)
    2.) I think he could be in trouble with enough skill-slots
    3.) I have try it, it is a massive decrease in overall DPS
  • Drago Belsazar
    @Vraneon I thank you for your clear vision and I am happy someone share my opinion.
    Vraneon wrote: »
    People who say pets are strong, balanced or overpowered are either new players, only play solo pve content or just don't play the class and don't care.

I can add, people who say pets are strong are just noob and don't know how or don't able to play with good movement. Even in Solo-PvE. A Sorcerer who needs Pets to do something Solo is a) noob or b) lazy.
    I can only repeat it. You doing better without Pets.

Think about you can pull Hel-Ra Citadel 30 Guards at once and you are able to Solo them with good Movement. You could not do with Pets. Hell, just don't think about it. They are doing Single-Target-DPS and the Tank Pet would taunt only a few Enemies and is dead in a few seconds. Just spam AoE and strafe the Pulk.
    Killing a boss Solo without Pets as Full DPS in Light Armor? You can use Teleport. Good Game. For what do you need Pets? Even without Teleport you can dodge roll and run and roll a mix between Survivability+DPS. Good Game. A Pet make it only more lazy. But not faster and it is not impossible without them. And tell all those PvP'ers to attack first your Clannfear......
    Pet dps and survivability should be linked to all dps-relevant stats, so no build is disadvantaged over another just for running pets. So everything that adds to dps and survivability should transfer in a balanced way to pets.

If only DPS-linked stats count; all Life-Builds are disadvanteged. If you want to link their survivability with DPS-linked stats the Pets of Life-Builds are more weaker than they just are compared to Magicka-Sorcerers.

Make it balanced means in my opinion to scale with all stats. A Clannfear with much Life from his Summoner could Tank really good, true. But the Summoner with much Life could do the same without the Clannfear, because he has much Life. And as long he is doing lesser damage because he has much Life, I don't see any balance issues. Let the Pets scale with all stats please.

• Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    They're weak because they can be dispelled so easily. Negate deletes them and they can be killed, snared, stunned, disoriented, feared, rooted, and slowed.

They should be at least as powerful as the daedroth proc from the infernal set!
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vraneon I thank you for your clear vision and I am happy someone share my opinion.
    People who say pets are strong, balanced or overpowered are either new players, only play solo pve content or just don't play the class and don't care.

I can add, people who say pets are strong are just noob and don't know how or don't able to play with good movement. Even in Solo-PvE. A Sorcerer who needs Pets to do something Solo is a) noob or b) lazy.

Think about you can pull Hel-Ra Citadel 30 Guards at once and you are able to Solo them with good Movement. You could not do with Pets. Hell, just don't think about it. They are doing Single-Target-DPS and the Tank Pet would taunt only a few Enemies and is dead in a few seconds. Just spam AoE and strafe the Pulk.
    Killing a boss Solo without Pets as Full DPS in Light Armor? You can use Teleport. Good Game. For what do you need Pets? Even without Teleport you can dodge roll and run and roll a mix between Survivability+DPS. Good Game. A Pet make it only more lazy. But not faster and it is not impossible without them. And tell all those PvP'ers to attack first your Clannfear......
    Pet dps and survivability should be linked to all dps-relevant stats, so no build is disadvantaged over another just for running pets. So everything that adds to dps and survivability should transfer in a balanced way to pets.

If only DPS-linked stats count; all Life-Builds are disadvanteged. If you want to link their survivability with DPS-linked stats the Pets of Life-Builds are more weaker than they just are compared to Magicka-Sorcerers.

Make it balanced means in my opinion to scale with all stats. A Clannfear with much Life from his Summoner could Tank really good, true. But the Summoner with much Life could do the same without the Clannfear, because he has much Life. And as long he is doing lesser damage because he has much Life, I don't see any balance issues. Let the Pets scale with all stats please.

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble as you are very well spoken but you have to look at the whole picture far too many Sorcs have 15k damage shields and rain down 12-20k frags a power with a chance to fire instant cast and procs a lot with Crushing Shock fight three enemies with 15k damage shields is just not possible even if you burst one shield down their are still two enemies with 15k shields up and the shield can be recasted instantly with you have to watch out of the knock down of the tank pet keep wards up would not be a problem.

This would really kill the game as you would have to be a sorc to win anything your pets take next to no AoE damage so just single target attacks do anything and single target fighting three things with shields and spell power like that is just too unbalanced Pets are not meant to be the easy win you want it to be
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Drago Belsazar

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble as you are very well spoken but you have to look at the whole picture far too many Sorcs have 15k damage shields and rain down 12-20k frags a power with a chance to fire instant cast and procs a lot with Crushing Shock fight three enemies with 15k damage shields is just not possible even if you burst one shield down their are still two enemies with 15k shields up and the shield can be recasted instantly with you have to watch out of the knock down of the tank pet keep wards up would not be a problem.

This would really kill the game as you would have to be a sorc to win anything your pets take next to no AoE damage so just single target attacks do anything and single target fighting three things with shields and spell power like that is just too unbalanced Pets are not meant to be the easy win you want it to be

Knockdown of Tank Pet? Really? You can Knockdown with many more skills that needs only 1 Skillslot. If it's only the Knockdown of the Tank Pet concerning you, remove Knockdown and after fix the Pets.

Think about it mate, you wrote what far too many have, but forget about what nearly no one have. And that has its reasons. Where are all these Knockdown Clannfears in Cyrodiil?! :o