The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Slow download speeds

lurong
lurong
Soul Shriven
My game is currently downloading at 700kb/s max. I am a network engineer so I can promise that the tests have been made to prove that the fault is not on my end. My bandwidth is 50mb/30mb (down/up), with a commercial QOS agreement. I will not be to quick to judge ESO since there is a possibility a vital router between me and the server is down. Needless to say its been 17 hours to get from 0 to 3%. I guess it happens, after 48 hours though I will be asking some questions. I also can't rule out that:
-My ISP gave me an ip that is on ESO's throttle list or blacklist
-My speeds ARE 7mb/s but the packets keep getting corrupted
-There is currently large activity on their http server that hosts the patches
-My ISP is being dumb as always
-Last but not least, DNS issues

-notes
For any admins who wants to use this as a reference for troubleshooting, you will be happy to know that the program actually eats 7mb/s of bandwidth while only being 700kb/s effective. I don't know how the packet check works for your software, but that is A LOT of missing packets.

*I was going to post the game consultant results, but after reading it I realized it gives a lot of information that I would rather not be on the internet for security reasons.

-Update
So after work the NEXT day I checked the download progress. It finished updating but the total time elapsed according to the video was 28 hours for download, 48 minutes for applying the update. For users to know, tech support will recommend you port forward in order to increase speeds. Please DO NOT do this if you don't know what you are doing, it brings you computer outside the safety of NAT and allows for easy hacking from port scans. If you download is slow do to port throttling you would (1) have a lot of firewall reports (2) would most likely not be able to download in the first place. My problem was not solved but as more updates come out I will keep on exploring possible problems and post them here. For every one else having this issue I wish you the best of luck as well.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Edited by lurong on April 29, 2015 8:58PM
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing when I re-downloaded the game. The displayed download speed didn't calculate anywhere near the actual time it took to download, not even remotely close. For me the true download was about 8X slower than the displayed download projection. I was almost thinking ESO made a TYPO in the patcher GUI...it was supposed to say, mbps, but they put MBps there instead.
  • Alen_Crendraven
    Alen_Crendraven
    Soul Shriven
    Trying to re-download the game and have been stuck at 1% all morning even though I'm getting 11.92MB/s according to the downloader. I've turned off my firewall and opened all the ports it recommends.

Not sure what else to do.

Edit: After an hour randomly jumped up to 73% now
    Edited by Alen_Crendraven on April 29, 2015 6:41PM
    When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
  • Daemon Golgoth
    Daemon Golgoth
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, my download speed is currently at 400 kbps. And looking at how much data is left to download and how slow the number is dropping, it seems to be in line with the reported speed. I don't have problems downloading other game clients...it's always 6Mb+. ESO gave me crap download speeds at launch and it's giving me crap download speeds now. I am 100% convinced it's a problem on the server side.

Edit: Yep...7 hours later and only 10Gb down. This is pretty damned terrible.
    Edited by Daemon Golgoth on May 4, 2015 5:34AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't there anywhere else to get this game? my account have the download limited to 132KB/s, so, it'll take almost one week to download the game, and i only have this weekend to play and i don't want to leave my PC running all week.

this doesn't make any sense.

i read something about the ports and i open:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

but it didn't change anything.