The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daedric diagram associated with Mage Celestial - possible spoilers

Feynn
Feynn
✭✭✭
This diagram appears during the quest "The Shattered and the Lost" in Craglorn, after activating the Seeker's Sight. I am not sure whether it's oriented correctly, or whether it might actually be upside down.

mOM3Gbf.jpg

I tried translating the daedric letters, but they don't really seem to make sense. Any ideas? Can anyone at Zenimax please confirm whether these are just random letters for purely aesthetic purposes, or whether they have some meaning? Can anyone make any sense of them? I'd rather not look for arcane meanings if there are none. Also, what do you think, is this the correct orientation, or is it upside down?
Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be upside down, since there are more letters upside down currently than right-way-up, and the other way up the middle of the middle looks a bit like a face... ?? No idea :P

JKQYAODLERSFHVWWTXBYUQVIDSPMWL
    BLL GEC KBA
    DFB

I agree, means nothing to me.

If it's upside down:
    WTXBYUQVIDSPMWLJKQYAODLERSFHVW
    GEC KBA BLL
    FBD
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to match the letters to the constellations (according to this -> http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Astronomy#Constellations) but not all of them match.

To me, it seems to be an astral map of some sort... Maybe the letters doesn't match because they've changed through the Eras? Or the Charges moved around? Not enough time to research that by myself, for now :)

I guess that the face in middle is the Serpent, the three letters around it could be (but they don't match) the main constellations Mage, Warrior and Thief and... the each group of three letters around each Guardian should be its Charges... but they also don't match...

Not a clue about the circle of letters around the border, though... they could be "hidden" or "unknown" Magne-Ge, for all we know ;)

So, all in all... it still doesn't make sense :|

EDIT: typo
    Edited by leeux on April 28, 2015 5:32PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the inner letters could represent the Guardians and their Charges as well, but as you say, they don't match.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting ideas so far! In only Zenimax actually gave us an answer... And yes, I agree the picture was probably upside down. So here it is, inverted:

KGXbLZO.jpg

WTXBYUQVIDSPMWLJKQYAODLERSFHVW
    GEC KBA BLL
    FBD
    Edited by Feynn on April 29, 2015 5:31AM
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest you to post the picture on the Lore section of the official Beth forums (I believe @Enodoc is also in there, right?) and ask the people there about this...

I don't believe we'll get a response from Zeni on this :) Best we could do is to speculate and cross-ref with texts and and other info.

There's ton of people there that can have very interesting ideas on things :wink:

Cheers!

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    (I believe @Enodoc is also in there, right?)
    Actually, no :tongue: Seems I do have an account there, but I don't think I've ever posted anything.

You can find me on UESP though! ↓↓↓
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heheh :) I'm mostly a lurker there too... I've been very active on the Oblivion mods section of the off. forums, though :)

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I have been re-playing the main quest, and I have noticed that the same diagram appears on the ground whenever the Prophet opens a portal for the Vestige. So this diagram is not just associated with the Mage, apparently.