The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Basic stam NB PVP intro build?

Jixjax
Jixjax
✭✭
Hello,

About to get to v1 with my NB and want to give PvP a whirl. Any suggestions on an introductory build? Feel free just to link me to a relevant theorycrafting post if it's easier.

Thanks!
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reroll sorc.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing ESO maybe four months after ESO was released and when I returned a few weeks ago a lot had changed. I went from being able to put up a good fight in Cyrodiil against most classes even when they were VR10 and I was VR2 to being a free kill in almost all situations.

Now I'm a VR6 stamina NB and I can rarely do anything worthwhile in Cyrodiil. Or rather, last time I actually tried to do some PvP was when I was VR4, I've more or less avoided Cyrodiil since. And of course it gets even worse since I'm a vampire. I have 3400 fire resistance which so far hasn't made any noticeable difference in survivability against fire.
    I have some of my attribute points and all my enchants put into health and I'm just shy of 17k health without foodbuff, which isn't even nearly enough to be any competition in Cyrodiil (or so people say on the forums anyway).
    While I could put more attributes to get health I'd be losing a lot of my damage, which is already unimpressive in PvP.

In PvE I can solo dolmens and worldbosses and some group content, but in Cyrodiil sorcs and DKs can one-shot me without even trying - sometimes actually one-shot as in dead from one attack, and even if I'm not one-shot I usually die within seconds. Not to mention lag making me unable to attack or incapable of getting close to the enemy, but that's not a NB issue, it's a PvP issue in general.

I stay away from Sorcs and DKs, but sometimes I try go solo against NBs or maybe a Templar - Reaper's Mark, begin in stealth and surprise attack > shadowy disguise (or heavy attack to exploit unbalanced) > surprise attack > rinse and repeat until below 30% HP and I can use killer's blade.

I'm not saying NBs can't PvP, but my playstyle and gear that worked perfectly fine before were more or less useless the last couple of times I've tried to PvP.

However, I have made some adjustments to my character and will head into the fray to see if the situation has changed - I hope it has because I'm a huge fan of PvP. If it works out, I'll try and do a quick rundown of my spec and share it with you.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for more single target build
    I use dw. 2h probably better atm though for pvp

bow at 2nd bar

bar1

Assassins blade morph killers blade for stamina if up close

flurry morph rapid strikes when you want to deal with blocking 1hshield players

teleport strike morph ambush

veiled strikes morph suprise attacks use most frequently

grim focus relentless focus for stamina regen and nice dmg I usually do light attack between my skill attacks.

bar2

poison arrow morph venom arrow

snipe morph focused aim for the armour reduction

aspect of terror morph mass hysteria also deals with the blocking :)

shadow cloak morph dark cloak

mark target morph piercing mark

alot of cost reduction for stamina skills and stamina regen is necessary!

I will probably take the heal in alliance tree when I unlock it.

Hope it helps you somewhat
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you´ll need a heal so 2h is a must (atleast as your buff QB) wich you can either complement with DW or bow wich both offer a distance option.

i´m using DW and as i prefer NB skills my 1.st bar:
    ambush -> gap closer
    surprise attack -> closerange dmg (and quite often ignores rolling)
    flyingblade -> range option
    mass hysteria -> cc and a way to deal with perma blockers
    cloak -> option to deny meteors and escape tool
    soul tether

2nd bar:
    rally -> heal and dmg buff
    grimm focus -> dmg and stam reg buff
    double take -> evade buff and speed increasement
    piercing mark -> self explanatory i think
    reserved for vigor untill then camoflaged hunter
    replenishing barrier

you´ll realize no finisher, problem with them is they do significantly less dmg then surp. attack outside of the executioner range while only slightly more when within while also beeing handicaped by shields supressing the dmg increasment compleatly while beeing in finishing range...

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    There are a number of setups I run with, depending on whether I am solo, or group pvping. And then, large or small group.

The one bar that I always have is my 2 hander bar.
    Surprise attack
    Ambush (sometimes crit rush if I'm feeling like it)
    Mass Hysteria (I can get 2.5 off beofre I'm out of magica)
    Rally (Gotta have those heals)
    and a Flex spot. Sometimes a Finisher (Killer's blade or more often recently Executioner). Sometimes I toss Double Take (blur morph) or maybe Shuffle in here. All depends on the mood.

My 2nd bar retates depending on who I'm with, what my role is, and what mood I'm in.

Sword and board (defensive CC focused with lots of annoyance tools. IE, Caltrops, Silver Bolts, Evil Hunter etc) Great for group fights. I'm like a little turret of annoyance focusing down vamp players and making their lives hell, while also providing anti blob support to my group with caltrops/evil hunter.

Dual Wield, two swords. (AOE focused anti zerg goodness. Throw Caltrops, hit blur, start dodge rolling and hit steel tornado in between.) Fun for group fights, works so so depending on how the enemy team setup is. If they have aoe you're toast.

Bow (for me, utility) Poison Injection to ensure targets sub 50% hp have to work like hell to stay alive. I don't use snipe at all, as it's not really my play style. Bow bar is mainly for group ultility and self buffing for me.

When I came back and started doing pvp again, I made the mistake of going all weapon power and damage potential on my gear.. and neglected stamina recovery. Unless you want to literally be a 1 trick pony that kills 1 person and then promptly dies, I'd suggest you not make my mistake. Get decent regen. 1800 to 2k minimum. That will give you a few dodge rolls. If you see someone in a robe anywhere within sight, you want to be dodge rolling as soon as they look at you, other wise you'll have a bad day. I run stam recovery drinks instead of max stat food as well, seems to help. You can either go stacking weapon power or stacking stats to get damage. The former is probably more efficient, as it's a 10.5 to 1 ratio or so, but I actually enjoy stacking stats rather than power. It seems to work for me. Plan out your build before you invest too much. I wasted 300k when I came back to the game, and have been trying to make it back since. Also, if you're getting destroyed by someone, don't feel bad or ashamed about sending them a whisper and chatting with them. A lot of players are surprisingly decent folks who will give you advice and help you out. After dieing about 6 times to a player named Narr, I got some great advice from them which helped my transition back into ESO feel less like an introduction to a new prison block.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imho V1 is probably the worst time to start looking into PvP:
    You cannot go to the non-vet campaigns anymore and you cannot get the battle level buff anymore.
    This makes a V1 char in a standard campaign weaker than a say, level 40 char.

Don't let that discourgae you but don't be demotivated by how often you die.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others