The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Building my redguard

Dwermer
Dwermer
Hi
Hope my question wont be confusing, but I ma needing some advice about my character and how to build him up.
He is a redguard...what characteristics should I use on him...is there a template i could follow to help me

At the moment i like to use a bow and sword and shield, as i choice of weapon... is this ok?

Probably most confusing, what Armour should i concentrate on with him?

Thanks for any advice
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    What class you want to be is going to be the major starting point for you.

I would suggest Templar or Dragon knight for a redguard even though i use a redguard sorcerer myself.

here's a list of class skills:

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Class+Skills
    Edited by exiledtyrant on April 27, 2015 5:53PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a Bow and sword and shield?

How would you like to play as death dealing killer from afar and then swop in to bash people's head?

Then Nightblade / Dragonknight is just for you!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it depends too if you want to be a Tank with 1H/S, or DPS with the bow?

What @exiledtyrant suggested is solid.

Medium armor is geared for dealing damage. Heavy is good for mitigation and tanking. My stamina melee dps is using 5 piece Med, 2 piece Hvy right now for levelling.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Hi
    thanks for your replies so far

I def dont want to be a tank...to much responsibility, esp for dungeons...yiks, scary stuff lol

I like using a bow, but also sometime swap to a sword and shield, when i want to get in 'close and personal' lol

So, i am seeing Redguard/Templar on medium armour...would the chosen fighting weapons be the ones i like or something else

I'm a real newb, when it comes to this, but I want to get this right, asap (lvl17 atm),

Am I am able to change from Red Guard/Nightblade ...using the weapons I suggested that I like..what would be best and am I am to change, without loosing any points

Thanks for help so far
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go....

Templar stam dps is top dps atm.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Here you go....

am i able to change to redguard/templar, from redguard/nightblade and if so, how is this done pls?

thanks
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Here you go....

am i able to change to redguard/templar, from redguard/nightblade and if so, how is this done pls?

thanks

Ooops I thought you were a Templar....currently not possible to switch unless you re-roll. You are only lvl 17...just saying. Let me see if I can find you a NB build.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 27, 2015 7:09PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here try this for idea where to end up as a NB
    Edited by Cuyler on April 27, 2015 7:25PM
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if you aren't tanking, then it might be best to go Dual Wield instead of 1H/Shield. You will do more damage that way, though the shield might give you more protection, I don't think it'll be enough to make up for the lack of damage.

Stamina NB seems to be a solid choice though.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi
    is that stam in my stats leveling, do i have it higher than health and magicika

what ratiio in armour/weapons of stam/health and Magic item

thanks