The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New smithing perk

Dwermer
Dwermer
hi
i leveled my blacksmithing to level 5 and i was expecting the perk to appear for steel, but i dont see it...do I have to learn it or something from a trainer?

thanks
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you need to spend skillpoints in your blacksmith crafting to upgrade your skills there.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have a free skill point? You may not see the + to advance the top passive unless you do.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    driosketch wrote: »
    Do you have a free skill point? You may not see the + to advance the top passive unless you do.

Hi
    thanks for replying

i saved a skill point...will need to look in crafting section for entering this...i suppose?
    thanks

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    thanks for replying

i saved a skill point...will need to look in crafting section for entering this...i suppose?
    thanks

Correct. There's a skill tree for each of the Crafting professions in the game. Usually the very top level of each of them is the skill that will let you work with higher level items.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi
    I am wondering now that I am level 5 in smithing. Where will I find silver ore pls
    thanks
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to a great resource for ESO's Blacksmithing material and their locations. ESO doesn't have silver to farm other than Quicksilver which is a Veteral Level 7 material. The one you need to make steel is High Iron Ore which is found in area's level 15-24 ish.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blacksmithing+Materials

Edited by Robbmrp on April 28, 2015 6:32PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi
    I am wondering now that I am level 5 in smithing. Where will I find silver ore pls
    thanks

One thing to keep in mind, don't assign skill points to materials until your character is ready to use them. You are better served developing attack and defense skills as you go along, then assigning the material point when you level your character. I did it the other way and had about 8 points in materials I was no where near ready to use long before I could use them.

You also won't find much if any High Iron Ore in Zone 1 or the starter Islands, only in Zone 2 (Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deeshan)

You can usually get into the next zone for farming purposes if needed, but remember, the mobs are over your level.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Hi
    Ty for that info. Can i move back and forth from zone 1 and 2, if so, how pls?
    What level (am 17 just now), do u need to be to go into zone 2 safely?

thanks
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Ty for that info. Can i move back and forth from zone 1 and 2, if so, how pls?
    What level (am 17 just now), do u need to be to go into zone 2 safely?

thanks
    17 is enough to be safe in the first half of the next zone. In Glennumbra you want to walk to the north east part of the map and follow the road to the next zone. Stonefalls the road will be in the south, in the middle bottom. If you are AD, you want to go to Skywatch and take a boat to Gathwood. You can use wayshrines to fast travel back and forth after you get there.
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi
    AD?

thanks
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hi
    AD?

thanks
    Aldmeri Dominion.

We need to get you caught up on the community shorthand and lingo. I gambled thinking process of elimination for context was enough, but I was wrong.