The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Method for crafters to sell on guild store

Savetti
Savetti
✭✭✭
I have noticed that a lot of people want to purchase items in sets. For instance, I specialize in selling glyphs across four different stores. When a player is looking to purchase glyphs for their armor or weapons they typically purchase a full set of glyphs. I think it would be a great idea to enable a way for crafters to sell a bag of items on the guild store. This bag should only take up one slot on your store but would contain whatever you would like to sell together. So, I could place a full set of armor and weapon glyphs in this bag and place it on the market for someone to purchase, all in one transaction. I could then have many different bags on the store each bag being a different type of glyph set. This would add a whole new dimension to the guild store system. The bag should also have a description of the items or you should be able to open it and see the items prior to purchase. Would be cool too if the seller could name the bag on the store to kind of create a brand name.

And for my personal touch on this: I think this should be something that you would need to work towards. So, I think you must be max level in your crafting skill to obtain the ability to sell in bags. Or perhaps an economy skill line where you must have sold so much before you can unlock the ability to use bags.

=)

I thought this was a pretty neat idea so I thought I would share in hopes of others thinking the same.

Thanks,
Savetti
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is simply one of the fail aspects of this broken economy, with sellers spread out all over the world in umpteen small ghettos called 'guilds' buyers have to really, really, REALLY want something to be bothered spending literally hours teleporting all over the place checking guild sellers.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 27, 2015 2:22PM
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    This is simply one of the fail aspects of this broken economy, with sellers spread out all over the world in umpteen small ghettos called 'guilds' buyers have to really, really, REALLY want something to be bothered spending literally hours teleporting all over the place checking guild sellers.

I am not sure what you mean. Sure there are some issues with the economy, for instance a lot of inredients to craft items are more expensive than the value of the item crafted. Kuta right now sells for a rediculous amount of money but when you craft a glyph with it and try and sell you would most likely lose about 2-3k in its value (assuming you purchased the mat). Same thing with provisioning. I am not saying there arent issues with the economy, because there are. however, my post is not about that. In fact, I hope that this could be something to improve the economy. Also, it does not take hours of teleporting all over the place to purchase the items you need. I go between 5-6 major trader hubs that have anywhere from 4-7 guild traders. I do this on a daily basis to purchase items I need to make me my money. Each one is really close to the wayshrine. This seriously takes all of maybe 10 minutes to go through each trader to purchase the stuff I need and to compare prices. Now, perhaps what I am searching for is easier than what you are searching for, but I still do not see how it would take that long. The only way I see that is if you are literally hitting every single guild trader in ever zone. Which I must say, is unneccesary.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to offer things as sets might be nice, but the problems that come from this might be problematical. What if someone only wants part of a set? Can they break up your set?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Being able to offer things as sets might be nice, but the problems that come from this might be problematical. What if someone only wants part of a set? Can they break up your set?

No, I wouldn't think so. This would be something on top of the individual items that would be sold on the market. So, if someone just wants the chest piece of out a set instead of buying the whole set at once they would have to shop the market to find someone selling just that piece. Or perhaps you could sell both full sets and the individual pieces.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea, as long as it's in addition to and not instead of. We still need to be able to list individual pcs, but it would be nice to be able to bundle a set of armor, or glyphs, or even provisioning mats.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea, as long as it's in addition to and not instead of. We still need to be able to list individual pcs, but it would be nice to be able to bundle a set of armor, or glyphs, or even provisioning mats.

Oh yea, this would definitely be in addition to selling individual pieces. I just think this would bring so much more to the market if we were able to sell in sets as well as indivudual items.

• Elderfunk
    Elderfunk
    Soul Shriven
    I think this is an excellent idea.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good idea but the part that ZOS won't like would be your taking 7 items and replacing it with 1 spot. This opens up people to be able to sell 210 items instead of 30 in one Trade Guild. If they were going to do something like this, you would be limited to the number of bags you could place in the guild store.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    This is a good idea but the part that ZOS won't like would be your taking 7 items and replacing it with 1 spot. This opens up people to be able to sell 210 items instead of 30 in one Trade Guild. If they were going to do something like this, you would be limited to the number of bags you could place in the guild store.

I see what you mean but, I don't see why that is a problem. Technically your only selling 30 slots worth as one bag is still considered 1 item. Even though you could have many items in one bag it is still one transaction. You are allotted 30 transactions per store at once. At least that is how I look at it. However, I do agree with maybe limited the amount of "bags" you could sell. I would prefer it not to be limited like that, but it makes sense. Perhaps, if it was attached to an economic skill line that is how they could limit it. You would have to spend skill point in that skill line in order to sell so many bags, with each point increasing the number of bags, but never fully allowing all 30 slots to be bags.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭

Well technically u could sell 30 x stacks of 200. for a potential 6000 items so i dont see this as a problem. If that was nirn that would be 6000 x 20,000g for whopping 120 million / per guild store. With that said i have no problem with people selling 1 to 30 sets of armors/weapons (5 max in a set for bonus)

Edited by indigoblades on May 7, 2015 12:25AM
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭

Well technically u could sell 30 x stacks of 200. for a potential 6000 items so i dont see this as a problem. If that was nirn that would be 6000 x 20,000g for whopping 120 million / per guild store. With that said i have no problem with people selling 1 to 30 sets of armors/weapons (5 max in a set for bonus)

Didn't think about that. That is a good point
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savetti wrote: »

The items you are talking about selling in a "set" aren't currently stackable items and doubtful they will ever be. So for glyphs, armor and weapons your back in the original dilemma, only 1 item per selling spot with a max of 30 per Guild Store.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Savetti wrote: »

The items you are talking about selling in a "set" aren't currently stackable items and doubtful they will ever be. So for glyphs, armor and weapons your back in the original dilemma, only 1 item per selling spot with a max of 30 per Guild Store.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. They don't need to be stack-able and probably shouldn't be. This doesn't place you back in the original dilemma. The bag would take up 1 selling spot and the bag would be able to hold multiple items, up to what I would think to be ten.
  • kendotheninja
    if i was to sell something in the store lets say i have 10 of the item im selling ... would the person buying purchase the full stack for the price asked or one at a time?
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    if i was to sell something in the store lets say i have 10 of the item im selling ... would the person buying purchase the full stack for the price asked or one at a time?

I suppose that would depend on if you are selling all the items in one bag or individually. If they are in one bag they would be bought at the same time for one price. if they are individual they will be sold one at a time.
  • kendotheninja
    so if i were to put a stack of 200 for sale at 500 the whole stack would go for 500 ... good just needed to clarify lol