The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sypher's Stamina Nightblade - 1vX PvP Video

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure do enjoy this. I am really understanding the points @Attorneyatlawl is making about the addons vs. the UI. I don't pvp myself, but watching people have fun is nice.
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    please post more videos of you exploiting
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    halfbadger wrote: »
    please post more videos of you exploiting
    Were you perhaps...'featured' in this video?
    Edited by Teargrants on April 26, 2015 8:54PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was he exploiting?
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    What was he exploiting?

Halfbadger's weaknesses probably.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the build and stats? Less the skills since we can obviously see them lol. I see the guardian set but what's the rest?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    You sure do enjoy this. I am really understanding the points @Attorneyatlawl is making about the addons vs. the UI. I don't pvp myself, but watching people have fun is nice.

:) Thanks for the tag @Ysne58, looks like a nice video to boot.

How are things going @Sypher? :D

And yeah, the UI fixes and improvements I've hammered on about for coming up on two years here in another couple of months, haven't just been because I'd like them personally. While I'd like to see the stuff, especially true buff/debuff tracking rather than addons having to guesstimate everything with little game-provided info to them, the honest truth is there are an incredible number of mechanics and gameplay nuances that are barely known about except to some of the heavy-duty theorycrafters and number crunchers because you simply can't nail it down without objective information of what's actually happening to learn them from and it's hard enough to even with the info add-ons can provide.

And the vast majority of this kind of information should just be visible as toggle options in the game itself, in the first place :), for numerous reasons like I talk about in my newest thread (check my signature for the link) but also for broader accessibility to new players and even veteran players that don't use many addons, or just use a handful if they're on Minion from a third-party site if someone in their group randomly suggests one.

I actually had a discussion with a guildmate the other day when someone asked whether weapon damage rating was worth aiming for, and the guildmate answered that it was "basically one to one on your tooltip, so if you have 5000 damage on your attack throwing on a 50 weapon damage ring is worthless so just put on stamina instead for damage". While it was clarified, the truth of the matter is that weapon damage and spell damage ratings each contribute much, much more per point than stamina and magicka do to any given ability (the ratio varies by skill, but usually is in the 10-13x range or in other words if you have a 175 weapon damage set bonus you'd generally need around 1840 stamina to get the same damage boost... and if you then consider that you can get a 20% bonus to your weapon damage rating through things like potions or the two-handed skill Momentum/Rally, it becomes an even wider gap).

However, this longtime player, and a very frequent pvp'er in Cyrodiil that earns a lot of Alliance Points consistently, just didn't know. If people like that don't get this sort of, what should be basic but isn't with how ESO's UI exists and makes it ambiguous instead of basic, essential information to try to build out their characters how they want... imagine how much misinformation or just outright unknown is floating out there for your average player?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 26, 2015 10:56PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... (lots of good points about the UI)...

TESO's UI is designed for people who are uncomfortable with "all the numbers stuff," but played by a fair number of serious MMO'ers. It's a poor match.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »

TESO's UI is designed for people who are uncomfortable with "all the numbers stuff," but played by a fair number of serious MMO'ers. It's a poor match.
    Sometimes I feel like the devs are the ones who are "uncomfortable with all the numbers stuff". Things actually start making sense then.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice video sypher. I watch all the PVP videos that get posted and in many of them I see minor mistakes but rarely any in your videos. I was wondering if you felt you could comment on class balance. Does your stam NB do much better than your DK in magicka or stam spec? Do you feel stam NB is dominant right now? Do you have trouble with other top flight Sorcs/Templars/DKs?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by AltusVenifus on April 27, 2015 1:04AM
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    At around the 4 minute mark I heard background noises, and I realized you were afking at flesh crawlers on another game I won't mention the name of, just gave me a good laugh
    EDIT: Very noticeable at around 4:50, can hear the clank of your armor
    Edited by Germtrocity on April 27, 2015 1:39AM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At around the 4 minute mark I heard background noises, and I realized you were afking at flesh crawlers on another game I won't mention the name of, just gave me a good laugh

The grind never ends. ;)
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

The grind never ends. ;)

Oh god, I did that grind 7 years ago... never again.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help @Attorneyatlawl . I didn't know the difference in those either btw.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Very nice video sypher. I watch all the PVP videos that get posted and in many of them I see minor mistakes but rarely any in your videos. I was wondering if you felt you could comment on class balance. Does your stam NB do much better than your DK in magicka or stam spec? Do you feel stam NB is dominant right now? Do you have trouble with other top flight Sorcs/Templars/DKs?

I personally think magicka sorcs and stamina nightblades are the easiest and most powerful solo roaming classes to play

Templar and DK have to specifically build for mobility to escape/move around efficiently without any real big benifets for not having the same type of solo survivability.

This is speaking from a purely solo outnumbered perspective.

• TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    im 1% convinced. :)
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for watching!

One of my favorite NB vids yet Sypher. Can't wait to get fear on Ezareth Ali ( =

Perma-rolling most the damage and fluid targeting. The one thing you always notice on a good 1vXer is they never stick to the same target for long if they show themselves to be capable at defending. Always kill the soft targets first.

I think that kill on Velconn had to be a bugged fear because it takes like 5 of us to bring that *** down without it.

Nice work!

Edited by Ezareth on April 27, 2015 2:51AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder what happened if someone would have marked you in the first clip.. >:)

Anyway nice targeting and ressource management!
    Edited by Soulac on April 27, 2015 3:19AM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Getting marked can be a pain but this what I usually do to deal/counter it.

1. Go into cloak and pay very close attention to which NB pulls you out of cloak (the one who hits you is the one who marked you) no one else should be able to see you (unless detect pot or mage light)

2. Once you've identified the person who marked you. Mark him back, and he becomes priority #1 on your kill list.

3. If said target is an easy kill you kill him and remove the mark, if they are a hard kill you should focus on line of sighting that particular target because he will be the only one capable of pulling you out of cloak assuming no detect pots / mage light is used.
    Edited by Sypher on April 27, 2015 3:46AM

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »

Sometimes I feel like the devs are the ones who are "uncomfortable with all the numbers stuff". Things actually start making sense then.

They told my guild they didnt want to many numbers and things that might confuse people even though not having any information makes things even more confusing in the end. This was in a ZOS meeting right before the game was going live where we tried to give feedback. They told us they didnt want people number crunching and all sorts of things that dont make sense in a MMO.
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    Nice dude what did you exchange for the Engine Guardian set? Did you drop ashens and add master weapons? or is it a variation of some more shadow walker? Obviously the Skirmisher Buff is still in use im very curious to know what you dropped?
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid question, i guess, but how do you get 97 FPS? I thought ESO is capped at 60 FPS. I never see mine going above 60.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    Stupid question, i guess, but how do you get 97 FPS? I thought ESO is capped at 60 FPS. I never see mine going above 60.

It's capped at 100 by default (60 is probably a result of your computer applying vsync either by in-game options or your control panel :)). You can raise that limit further by adjusting a line in the usersettings.ini if you have a 120hz or 144hz monitor for example by lowering the "minframetime" setting (meaning it can render more per second if able).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice dude what did you exchange for the Engine Guardian set? Did you drop ashens and add master weapons? or is it a variation of some more shadow walker? Obviously the Skirmisher Buff is still in use im very curious to know what you dropped?

I dropped 2 peice ashen and I'm still using the ashen weapons (no set bonus) until I get my hands on some master weapons.

• Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    @Sypher
    Just one stupid question ...how many hours in total did you spend in PvP?
    Looks like a lot... :astonished:

Nice crowd control and picking targets :wink:
    I'm doing same thing in huge groups solo PvE :tongue:

They COULD kill him IF they would STACK :lol:
    Key to success in here is in not only skills but the way fight goes on
    ...notice he doesn't allow them to jump on him more than one at a time :wink:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sypher I gave you a bit of moral support there in the intro, not much I could else unfortunately. :)
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Getting marked can be a pain but this what I usually do to deal/counter it.

1. Go into cloak and pay very close attention to which NB pulls you out of cloak (the one who hits you is the one who marked you) no one else should be able to see you (unless detect pot or mage light)

2. Once you've identified the person who marked you. Mark him back, and he becomes priority #1 on your kill list.

3. If said target is an easy kill you kill him and remove the mark, if they are a hard kill you should focus on line of sighting that particular target because he will be the only one capable of pulling you out of cloak assuming no detect pots / mage light is used.

I'll normally just LoS the marker and drop him quick when he follows me around.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    @Sypher
    Just one stupid question ...how many hours in total did you spend in PvP?
    Looks like a lot... :astonished:

Nice crowd control and picking targets :wink:
    I'm doing same thing in huge groups solo PvE :tongue:

They COULD kill him IF they would STACK :lol:
    Key to success in here is in not only skills but the way fight goes on
    ...notice he doesn't allow them to jump on him more than one at a time :wink:

if they stacked im sure sypher would put a nicely placed meteor on the one that doesnt reflect stuff and blow them all up in a few moves. atleast thats what i would do if they all decided to stack.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn these vids are good.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.