The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where do I get daedric hearts?

Yasha
Yasha
✭✭✭✭
Where can I get daedric hearts and do any vendors sell them?
  • Zosia
    Zosia
    ✭✭✭
    You can get them from containers in Cadwell's Gold and from deconstructing certain items.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing daedric style items ... I've also gotten some from hirelings.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very rarely, you'll get some from refining. You can get them from deconstructing daedric style items, but those are rare before vet levels, and not common then. Daedric hearts won't appear in containers until you reach Caldwell Gold zone as stated above. It is the rarest racial stone in the game, except for dwemer scraps/frames. If none of the above works for you, you can buy them in guild stores. But they are expensive. And you can't use them to craft until you have learned the motif. From what I gather, the Crown $tore version of the motif has no level restrictions, but you have to be level 50 tier 9 materials in an equipment craft before you can learn the in-game motifs.

edit: corrected requirement. It's been a long time for me, fuzzy on the details.
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 26, 2015 8:56PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also get them as very rare drops from Daedra.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of mine have come from hirelings.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you still need some and you're on the EU server, pm me and I'll send you some (for free) this evening - I must have about a dozen sitting unused in my bank
    PC-EU
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedra Hearts drop reasonably often from general loot containers when you reach the Gold zones. They are not really more rare than other "rare" style materials, it's just that the Daedric style is popular, so the Daedra Hearts that drop are being used up.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    If you still need some and you're on the EU server, pm me and I'll send you some (for free) this evening - I must have about a dozen sitting unused in my bank

WoW thank you for the generous offer, I would love to but I am on the US server.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Khenarthi wrote: »

WoW thank you for the generous offer, I would love to but I am on the US server.

I can help you out with some, I am on the NA server. I have been collecting, but not using, Daedric Hearts since release.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• aaronWAR
    aaronWAR
    Soul Shriven
    Cant find them anywhere lol but keep looking
  • spacecitypurrp
    spacecitypurrp
    ✭✭✭
    I really need some too! if anyone is in the NA server let me know and send me a message on Xbox One at any time, Help would be really appreciated. I've spent hours killing Deadra and no luck.

Gamertag: spacecityPURRP
    Valkyn PURRP - Magicka Dragonknight The Flawless Conqueror
    Werecat PURRP - Stamina Dragonknight The Flawless Conqueror
    PURRPfect Storm - Magicka Sorcerer The Flawless Conqueror
    Molten Whip Me Daddy - Magicka Dragonknight Former Empress
    iiM PurrpSwift - Stamina Nightblade Gankblade of Dreams

Xbox One - NA - II PURRP II
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get them from containers in the same places that drop the motif...

Never seen one drop from Daedra itself.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell where you cannot get them- from actual daedra :D

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get them from containers in the same places that drop the motif...

Never seen one drop from Daedra itself.

I've had two drop from Daedra. In a year of playing that's a bucket load of Daedra. The first was a Clannfear the second was a Dremora. I think it's about the same chance as Recipes dropping from opponents.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dang, I've never seen a heart drop from a Daedra - kinda missed that from Morrowind. It's nice to know it's in ESO even if it is mind-bogglingly rare.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis