The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Halp, the EFF PEE ESSES

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there, this is a repost from the general but I thought maybe someone here might be able to help me since I haven't had much response over there.

So I'm just looking for any advice on how I can push my rig further than it already wants to go. I feel as though I've hit a wall with tweaks, so I thought I'd ask the advice of the community for further advice on tweaks (let me preface by saying I have attained the status of tweaking god imho). My cyrodiil fps with shaders on off, water reflections on off, grass off, particles down to 758, particle suppression 50 and lighting on off is playable at best and terribad at worst in large groups but holds up ok in small groups (I would say this is a 60% playable/20% annoyance/20%unplayable distribution). PVE I can crank up all these settings and acheive mildly better breakdowns of playability.

So here are my specs. I'm not considering any further upgrades except ram to 8gb. My goal is to sustain this build until next year when Skylake processors are released.

No Case (lots of fans too)
AMD Athlon II x4 365 2.9ghz (OC'd to 3.4ghz, See Overclock Settings)
4gb of 667mhz DDR3-1333 Ram (+24gb of ntfs Readyboost from USB Sticks, I know thats silly)
MSI Motherboard 970-G46 (MS-7693)
[2x] Geforce GTX 460 running in SLI (See Overclock Settings)
750 watt power source

My CPU Clock Settings Are:
CPU Ratio x14.0
Base Clock 245mhz
Voltage 1.3460 V
CPU NB 1.1470 V
SB 1.0992 V
NB 1.2907 V
DRAM 1.6517 V

My GPUs are firmware modded to run at max voltage. Current clock settings (tested maxed out):
Core Voltage 1087
Core Clock 854
Shader Clock 1708
Memory Clock 2105

Other important notes:
I'm running bleeding edge everything. Nothing runs non-up-to-date.
Running process lasso with smart trim ram, priorities cranked up on eso, foreground boosting, foreground thread boosting , core parking disabled, every non-essential process is force terminated, and process lasso's interface itself is always shut down when running eso
My PC itself is the only thing running on the first socket in my wall so there is no power sharing.
I'm running a program built for skyrim called FPS Booster (just starting testing can't confirm or deny if it is improving things)
My virtual memory in windows settings is pegged at 12gb.

So just looking for any advice on what I might need to change or what I could do to further improve performance.

Thanks ^_^
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • brandon02852cub18_ESO
    brandon02852cub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am going to preface this with stating the fact that your hardware is absolutely terrible. Your CPU is holding you back and your SLI setup is barely considered "entry level" by today's standards. Your FPS should be low.

I am very familiar with Process Lasso, so please make these changes:

Turn off Smart Trim.
    Change ESO.exe to use the Bitsum Highest Performance power plan
    Classify ESO.exe as a Game Process
    Exclude ESO.exe from ProBalance

Tweak your ESO Config to something like this.

SET MAGELIGHT_LIGHTS_VISIBLE "0"
    SET PFX_SUPPRESS_DISTANCE_v2 "35.00000000"
    SET PFX_GLOBAL_MAXIMUM "0"
    SET MULTI_GPU_CHECK "1"
    SET CachedRLREnabled "0"
    SET CachedReflectionResolution "0"
    SET CachedShadowFiltering "0"
    SET ScreenshotFormat.2 "PNG"
    SET PregameGammaCheckEnabled "0"
    SET HardwareCheckEnabled.3 "0"
    SET SUB_SAMPLING "2"
    SET REFLECTION_QUALITY_v3 "0"
    SET PARTICLE_DENSITY "0"
    SET HIGH_RESOLUTION_SHADOWS "0"
    SET SHADOWS "0"
    SET GAMMA_ADJUSTMENT "88"
    SET VIEW_DISTANCE "0.40000001"
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "10"
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "2"
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"
    SET LENS_FLARE "0"
    SET GOD_RAYS_v2 "0"
    SET ANTI_ALIASING_v2 "0"
    SET AMBIENT_OCCLUSION "0"
    SET COLOR_GRADING_v1 "0"
    SET BLOOM "0"
    SET DEPTH_OF_FIELD "0"
    SET TONE_MAPPING "0"
    SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"
    SET SOFT_ALPHA "0"
    SET DISTORTION "0"
    SET CHARACTER_LIGHTING "0"
    SET DIFFUSE_2_MAPS "0"
    SET DETAIL_MAPS "0"
    SET NORMAL_MAPS "0"
    SET SPECULAR_MAPS "0"
    SET CLUTTER_2D "0"
    SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "1"
    SET WATER_FOAM "0"
    SET VSYNC_INTERVAL "1"
    SET VSYNC "1"
    SET MAX_ANISOTROPY "0"

Pretty much set everything to 0 in the config like above.

Skylake is coming out this year. Cannonlake is next year or 2017.
    Edited by brandon02852cub18_ESO on April 26, 2015 11:09AM
    Intel i7-3770K / nVidia GTX Titan X
    Shadowlurk Khajiit Nightblade
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I was going to upgrade last november but then I saw there was a next gen processor coming up so I thought I'd wait it out. I know its absolutely terribad, I have built it from scrap. That said, it PvE's at full settings exceptionally well, I would say I get about 10% annoyance while playing and almost never unplayable. The real problems only start in pvp and for being ancient it holds pretty well at 60% playable 20% minor annoyance with decent settings.

Thank you for the suggestions, I was hoping for a config file and maybe a review of my processor overclocks. I had a feeling my processor was holding things down a bit, I can upgrade to a fairly good one though on this board so I was going to try to pick up a good one used (right now I can get a vishera octo-core rated a passmark of 9k~ for about 100$ which I think would be on par with the board and gfx cards).

I don't expect wonders out of the thing, just enough to play for now.

Edit; should also point out that DX12 is going to be fermi compatible and gtx 460s were specifically made to benefit highly from sli and rank slightly above a 580 so its not quite as bad as you'd think.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 26, 2015 4:52PM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just disabled high definition shadows and set my mip load skip levels to 1 and now the game runs flawlessly in pvp with everything on high or turned on except shadows with teamspeak and chrome soundcloud in the background.

As soon as I set mip to 0 its lagville.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 27, 2015 5:16PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • SevenPlants
    Make sure you are in fullscreen mode if you aren't. Not just windowed fullscreen.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Yep ... now if they can just fix the memory leak which seems to be much worse since 2.0.7.... just had to shut down and restart when it hit 3.5 GBs of memory...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I thought maybe there was a memory leak as I keep crashing after about 2h where as in 2.0.6 it was running flawlessly.

Also I noticed my gfxsmoothingframes setting keeps resetting to 0 whenever I change its value...any idea why?
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running in fullscreen
    Praise Malacath.