The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fear - Fix it!

Ezareth
Ezareth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
100% Stamina, Break free pressed probably 15 times, nothing happens.

This doesn't happen with Petrify or any other CC skill in the game but this has been happening constantly since 1.6. You can't fix the lag fine. That at least affects everyone equally. I'm tired of dying continuously to bugs that are easy to reproduce and just as easy to fix.

These kind of bugs continually infesting the combat system are killing your game and PvP in general. If I had to guess the bug with fear got introduced when the bug was fixed that allowed you to block while feared. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler Someone needs to get on top of this. I'm headed back to grinding CP until PvP gets fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcY_dbo52s&feature=youtu.be
Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been stuck kneeled over before with fear..but never had it do that...but yea..fear is buggy
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea that's the way fear works. :|
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone died in pvp.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alright, you can fix THIS.

but everything else stays.

oh, and

#freepanda
    Edited by Cody on April 26, 2015 4:31AM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to use left + right click. I think more pve is better for you!
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

This doesn't happen with Petrify or any other CC skill in the game but this has been happening constantly since 1.6. You can't fix the lag fine. That at least affects everyone equally. I'm tired of dying continuously to bugs that are easy to reproduce and just as easy to fix.

Not true, but I feel your pain all the same.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167688/why-is-this-game-still-so-unresponsive
    Edited by Ace_SiN on April 26, 2015 6:43AM
    King of Beasts

• Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray! I'm in a video!
    The ending was brilliant!
    o:)
    Edited by Samuel_Bantien on April 26, 2015 8:06AM
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »

Not true, but I feel your pain all the same.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167688/why-is-this-game-still-so-unresponsive

People Spam petrify and every other CC in the game on me and this doesn't happen. Fear is the only thing that is often unbreakable for me.

Looking at your video however It appears petrify functioned similarly for you.

I don't understand how this is difficult for ZoS to fix. Hell give us "Debug" mode or something so we can actually continue testing the beta of this game and determine what is preventing CC break from working.

I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario. This was all in a campaign with no latency or lag, just buggy ass game is buggy.

It's pretty frustrating that combat was more responsive and less buggy at release than it is a year later.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario.
    So lucky! My pots usually lock out for 1-2 min. Please, teach me your secret!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario.
    So lucky! My pots usually lock out for 1-2 min. Please, teach me your secret!

The secret is to fill your inventory with them. The more Tri-pots you carry the shorter the lockout timer is.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been perma cc'ed by a variety of skills - even crystal frags. I don't see how fear has some claim to owning the unbreakable cc market.

Seems like perma cc usually, if not always, comes from
    • a character coming out of stealth or cloak or
    • from a character that has quickly moved into my character's area in the game or
    • from a character which is fairly new to my area and I have not yet visually targeted.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand how this is difficult for ZoS to fix. Hell give us "Debug" mode or something so we can actually continue testing the beta of this game and determine what is preventing CC break from working.

I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario. This was all in a campaign with no latency or lag, just buggy ass game is buggy.

It's pretty frustrating that combat was more responsive and less buggy at release than it is a year later.

Yea PvP is literally broken and it's been this way for awhile now. I don't think I can go a full hour without raging about some sort of game breaking bug. Don't get me started on the potion bug and the "you are in combat even though you've been sitting behind a rock for 10+ mins" bug..
    King of Beasts

• Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ all the NBs coming in to defend what can very clearly be seen in this video is a broken skill! 100% stamina and oh look... you can't break free. This needs fixing (not a nerf necessarily, before the QQ starts) - a FIX. And the sooner, the better.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    Over 7k pots? Mind if you share with me?
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree.

i'd say most of dead because of fear, crash and weapon swap bug.
    some NBs are now doing nothing but spam dodge roll and fear, which proved how buggy it is.
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has the problem that fear makes you fall out of the map?
    Happend some times me while duelling.

The bug of not being able to cc break is new to me, but sometime fear dont seem to give cc immunity.

Definitively broken skill!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldarenn wrote: »
    Over 7k pots? Mind if you share with me?

Saving for a rainy day. They always say coke dealers shouldn't partake in their own product. I guess I'd make a crappy coke dealer.
    vichoi wrote: »
    Totally agree.

i'd say most of dead because of fear, crash and weapon swap bug.
    some NBs are now doing nothing but spam dodge roll and fear, which proved how buggy it is.

Yeah usually for me it is weapon swap/overload stuck, unbreakable CC and expecting a potion to go through that doesn't.

Basically the combat system breaks down and it seems to get worse the further along this game goes. Potions not working never used to happen pre-1.6. Weapon swapping is old but unbreakable CC was actually fixed for a time.

Edited by Ezareth on April 27, 2015 2:31AM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO
    My issue with fear is the pause it causes with its animation before you can break the CC, even when not bugged there is a window where the NB can get 2-3 unmitigated attacks dependant on lag and ping between you and the NB. Stam builds have enough burst that a rotation of Ambush > Fear > Incapacitating Strike > Surprise Attack > Killer's Blade = Dead. Even with 20k-30k physical resist there are dmg builds that can do 30k dmg with those skills in the window fear gives. Seen this so much that its obviously a macro to help get the skills to execute during the lag window. If its a 1vX, enough players know to wait for the fear and then spam a gap a closure and or execute with there own CC which can cause the fear to become unbreakable. Compare this with what sorcs used to have with streak and its AOE stun. Streak did not have a issue with the animation pause, it just caused your character to kneel and you could break the cc without it bugging out. Why streak got the nerf bat and fear was left alone when on the PTS I can only assume was to balance / counter block casters. The problem is this is the only CC that gets better the more lag there is between you and the the person casting it.
    Edited by brando_bellcub18_ESO on April 27, 2015 10:00AM
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Snatch gra-Biddy - DC - Tmp
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol im raging at this and im not even the one playing.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    I have been perma cc'ed by a variety of skills - even crystal frags. I don't see how fear has some claim to owning the unbreakable cc market.

Seems like perma cc usually, if not always, comes from
    • a character coming out of stealth or cloak or
    • from a character that has quickly moved into my character's area in the game or
    • from a character which is fairly new to my area and I have not yet visually targeted.

Fear is the most frequent culprit for me when either "unbreakable CC" or "CCed within half a second of breaking CC" situations happen to me. But it does happen with other CC skills - just much less frequently.

If the bug has something to do with the "offending" charecter coming fresh into view, that would explain why fear is more frequent - NBs simply tend to do that more then others
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you only see this happening when feared, because your shield protect you from 50% of proper cc's.

fixing bugs is always a good thing, though
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    you only see this happening when feared, because your shield protect you from 50% of proper cc's.
    slightly of topic, but I hear the above quote rather frequently. Did not have a chance to test it myself though.
    Under what conditions, and against which CCs is a shield protecting?

wondering here, because I tend to eat plenty of CCs while having shields up (and shields remaining while CCed). But obviously I'm not sure if every CC that should have hit me actually did so...
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    slightly of topic, but I hear the above quote rather frequently. Did not have a chance to test it myself though.

wondering here, because I tend to eat plenty of CCs while having shields up (and shields remaining while CCed). But obviously I'm not sure if every CC that should have hit me actually did so...

I get hit by every CC through my shields. Just typical L2P BS. I wish Shields prevented CC....

Shields used to absorb the stun from Defensive posture, but that was fixed.

Fear, Petrify, Defensive Rune, Stealth Stun, Concealed weapon, defensive Posture...they all hit through shields fine.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Harness magicka blocks the CC knockback effect from destructive reach. Don't know how it or other shields interact with other magical based CCs, but anecdotally I do seem to get CCed less when I have harness up.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know how anyone can defend this, it happens to me when i play on my NB too. If it's not this it's a bug where i can't use my potions or getting stuck in the ground after using invasion. All the bugs until i give up.

PvP can't be taken seriously.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 27, 2015 11:14PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can defend this, it happens to me when i play on my NB too. If it's not this, than it's a bug where i can't use my potions or getting stuck in the ground after using invasion. All the bugs until i give up.

PvP can't be taken seriously.

On this we definitely agree.

We get zero status updates and feedback from ZoS as well on the resolution of these issues.

What issues have been fixed since 2.0?

Nirnhoned Weapons
    Meteor Fall Damage (creating a host of other bugs)
    Sharpened Weapons
    Fear falling through the world (evidently now creating more bugs)

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why so many people have trouble believing that sometimes you cannot break fear.

No matter how hard you smash your keys, whether you change the key-bind, have two key-binds and max stamina. Sometimes you just cannot break fear.

It's not "delay", like so many of your are stating and it's not lag. It's the complete inability to break the CC. Fear is not working as it should be.

Just like so many other people in this thread, I don't have a problem with the skill itself and it's not a "nerf nightblades" post, I have a problem with yet another bug in this game.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why so many people have trouble believing that sometimes you cannot break fear.

No matter how hard you smash your keys, whether you change the key-bind, have two key-binds and max stamina. Sometimes you just cannot break fear.

It's not "delay", like so many of your are stating and it's not lag. It's the complete inability to break the CC. Fear is not working as it should be.

Just like so many other people in this thread, I don't have a problem with the skill itself and it's not a "nerf nightblades" post, I have a problem with yet another bug in this game.

People have a hard time believing it because we see players breaking it all the time. Hell, I break it all the time, pop a potion, shuffle and dodge roll into oblivion.

Plus peoples' solution to the bug is to make fear blockable, or make the effect time shorter, or disable fear. It should just be "fix the bug". Makes the motives questionable.

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get hit by every CC through my shields. Just typical L2P BS. I wish Shields prevented CC....

Shields used to absorb the stun from Defensive posture, but that was fixed.

Fear, Petrify, Defensive Rune, Stealth Stun, Concealed weapon, defensive Posture...they all hit through shields fine.

I can't speak for the other skills but I just came out of cloak via using surprise attack on a shielded, non blocking, no swirly feet CC immunity sorc and it didn't stun.....this happens most of the time. I haven't tried it with the concealed weapon morph. I wonder if this is intended or a bug?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!