The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stirk (Spoilers)

CaptainObvious
CaptainObvious
✭✭✭✭
Isn't it nice to know that the other faction leaders got through their problems without the player? Kind of empowering to know that the existing leaders would get there with no help from the player.
Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But did they? Maybe Cadwell's alternate history isn't as alternate as you think...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC Jorunn, at least, needs someone to save him to make it there alive.

Emeric might have been able to make it there on his own, given that Septima kills him to get at the Vestige in the first place. Then again, given the ease with which she did that, maybe not...

Ayrenn's the only one I don't remember dying or almost dying during her storyline, unless you count that boss fight with her brother which came about indirectly due to the Vestige's actions in the first place. So...ambiguous whether she could have made it on her own.

On the whole I'm inclined to think that they each have their own champion off screen, even if it isn't you.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn's the only one I don't remember dying or almost dying during her storyline, unless you count that boss fight with her brother which came about indirectly due to the Vestige's actions in the first place. So...ambiguous whether she could have made it on her own.

Bout the first quest in AD is bout stopping an assination plot to kill her.

OP: Immersion is something that is often blamed on bad writership. Reality is that it is something in your head. In the end a role playing game is accepting that it isn't real but you act as if it is real. It is the core of any RPG. Your point is just as valid as saying that it is ridicilious that your character got whiskers (if playing Khajiit).

If you look at Cadwell's silver and gold, the timeframe of events is different. Whatever would happen if you would have started in that faction will happen after you stop Molag Bal and Cadwell sents you to the other faction. So at the time you meet the other leaders, they are ok cause they where not in any severe thread (yet).

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Bout the first quest in AD is bout stopping an assination plot to kill her.

OP: Immersion is something that is often blamed on bad writership. Reality is that it is something in your head. In the end a role playing game is accepting that it isn't real but you act as if it is real. It is the core of any RPG. Your point is just as valid as saying that it is ridicilious that your character got whiskers (if playing Khajiit).

If you look at Cadwell's silver and gold, the timeframe of events is different. Whatever would happen if you would have started in that faction will happen after you stop Molag Bal and Cadwell sents you to the other faction. So at the time you meet the other leaders, they are ok cause they where not in any severe thread (yet).
    When Cadwell sends you to the other factions, he also sends you, timeline-wise, back to the instant when you escape from Coldharbour, a long time before Molag Bal is defeated. All three Alliance timelines run always in parallel, not one after the other depending on your starting choice. Hence my comment above on "alternate history" not being as alternate as you think.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then there is timeline whiplash as people in silver comment about smashing the planar vortex and lightless obulette. etc. that happened during CH time. I think they do sometimes during gold as well.

True, it is just something to accept and just move on. Just consider it a feature not flushed out by beta time surveys with questions like do you feel like you are making an impact etc. Probably because people weren't able to clock enough time and genuflect on that morsel.

Same thing applies to Stibbons really based on all of the possible bad outcomes he has. Taken as separate incidents they match up. Looking at the longer scale... just don't...
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.