The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Interregnum an Audio Drama

NightsKnight
l74itrol03mj.png

"A Time Of Chaos, Lost To History. A Tumultuous Age In Which The Empire Was Shattered And War And Ignorance Prevailed. But In Even This Darkness There Were Those Who Were Called Heroes. Their Struggle Was Against Oblivion Itself, Had They Failed All Of Nirn Would Have Been Consumed. The People Of Tamriel Would Never Know Of Their Deeds But Their Time Would Be Remember As The Interregnum."

Sneak Peak of the Upcoming Pilot Episode to Launch May 1st 2015

Cast

Writer/Director/Extra: TheHumanFloyd

Director/Audio Engineer/Producer/Extra: Nights Knight

Narrator: Siren

Main Characters

Dar'Mokir: Morriel

Rose Meadhammer: Siren

Flonius Oaken-Hull: Reymas

Brazgur Gro-Dulob: Krowe

Lastius: TheHumanFloyd

Extras

Dremora/Altmer : Varlynd

Edited by NightsKnight on April 25, 2015 12:56AM
  • NightsKnight
    Siren is the Narrator for the series i apologize for the mistype.
  • NightsKnight
    Behind the scenes look of Brazgur the Orc.

Voiced by Krowe

https://youtu.be/KrrpoisuGHk
  • Lunairetic
    Lunairetic
    ✭✭
    Fancy! I already told you this on twitter, but I am super excited for this, & can't wait for the big debut! :)
    twitter.com/TESfangirrl
    Blood for the Pact!!
  • NightsKnight
    Interregnum Episode one part one will be released this Evening!! Details where to find and listen coming soon.
  • NightsKnight
    {edit}
    Edited by NightsKnight on July 13, 2015 11:39PM
  • NightsKnight

https://youtu.be/S4H10Bs1Mxc

Show page https://interregnum.squarespace.com/episodes/2015/7/13/interregnum-turmoil-in-the-heartland-episode-1-part-1

A time of chaos, lost to history. A tumultuous age in which the Empire was shattered and war and ignorance prevailed. But even in this darkness there were those who were called heroes. Their struggle was against Oblivion itself, had they failed all of Nirn would have been consumed.

Interregnum Episode 1: Turmoil in the Heartland Written By: TheHumanFloyd

(1) NARRATOR: The Interregnum. A time of such chaos and ignorance that almost no records of it remain. What precious little knowledge we have of this time is closely guarded.

(2) The journals before you were discovered in a Dwemer ruin in the land of High Rock, left within a chest guarded by a complex lock. Though their legitimacy cannot be confirmed they could be one of our only connections to this tumultuous time period in Tamriel's history. The mystery of how these documents came to be hidden away together in the ruins beneath Glenumbra may never be solved, but perhaps they will offer us a glimpse into the perilous lives of those unfortunate souls who lived during the dark age, during the Interregnum.

(1) FLONIUS (NARRATING): 9th of Frostfall 2E 582 (2) My name is Flonius Oaken-Hull, and today is my birthday. I was born on the ninth of Frostfall, 2E 555 under the sign of the Shadow. My father is a Colovian, a descendant of the Nords of Skyrim. He moved to the Imperial city when he was a boy. There he met my mother, a young girl raised by Reachmen, whose savage people had conquered Cyrodiil early in the sixth century. My father essentially bought her from her cruel, backwards parents and married her.

(3) Years ago, when Varen Aquilarious retook Cyrodiil and ended the Longhouse dynasty, we thought we would have peace. But here I am, sitting on the frozen ground as I scribble in this journal, a conscript of the Imperial army. Foreign invaders from every country on Tamriel close in on us, dissidents from within our own homeland raise their arms against their brothers and sisters... and I don't even know if I'm fighting on the right side.

(4) At least we're not hungry. Our troop marched into a small village in the Applewatch Wood earlier today. We took as much food and water as we could, leaving them almost completely empty-handed. They didn't resist, which is why they still live.

(5) I write this journal in hopes that one day, someone will find it and know the horrors of this time. Maybe this person of the future can forgive the Empire of its sins, because I don't think anyone in this era will. I don't know if I can even forgive myself for marching alongside Daedra and necromancers... but what am I to do? Run? Join the rebellion? I'd be dead like the rest of them.

(6) When I was a teenager I wanted nothing more than to join the noble Fighter's Guild. The though of rescuing helpless maidens and slaying goblins drew me to spend many hours at the local chapter, watching and learning. Occasionally, the Fighters would even let me join in their sparring. But when the Soulburst happened and Mannimarco came to take control of the Empire

so many guilds fled from Cryodiil. Including the Fighter's. If I wasn't bound to my duty to the Legion perhaps I could go to one of the lands of the Three Banners and join the Fighter's Guild there.

(7) We've all heard the rumors that the Mages and Fighter's Guilds have marched into Coldharbour to take the fight to Molag Bal himself. But is such a thing even possible? How does one transcend this realm into the darkness of Oblivion? Is there even air to breath there? I've heard the whispers throughout the camp. Some are even hopeful. If the guilds can defeat Molag Bal then we will certainly be free from Oblivion's domination over our beloved Empire... won't we?

(8) 10th of Frostfall 2E 582

(9) We've been camped for a day and a half. The Jerrall Mountains loom above us. Snow covers the ground and icy winds bite at our faces and threaten to steal away our fingers and toes. But the guest who has entered our camp chills my bones far more than any cold breath from Kynareth.

(10) Our commander must have known they were coming, but he didn't bother to warn us. They arrived early in the morning, completely silent despite the hard, crunchy snow all around us. I was returning from a patrol when I saw them just outside of camp. I drew my blade, opening my mouth to yell out a warning. Then I saw their red banner... a black skull with two skeletal hands. The Cult of the Worm, our dreaded allies. There were a dozen of them, covered in thick black robes that must have kept the cold out better than our steel armor. They were led by two figures, one robed and hooded like the rest, the other a Reachman, nearly naked but for his primitive leathers. [feet crunching through snow, horses, fire, other camp sounds]

(11) Funny how our Emperor fought so hard to remove the Reachmen from Cyrodiil, only to have them return after his death just a few years later.

(12) The bare-chested savage had long brown dreadlocks and skin as pale as the white snow. He strode confidently forward, to the red command tent where our commander greeted him.

(14) I walked through the trees to get a better look. Others shrank away from the cultists.

(1) PEDIUS: Ah, my lord Cealar (Say-Lar). This must be your apprentice... [ZENOCH growls]

(15) FLONIUS (NARRATING): The Reachmen growled. Literally growled like a dog.

(16) A tall, imposing man who I assumed to be this 'Lord Cealar' removed his hood, revealinghis pale, bald head. His hooked nose and strong features were accentuated by the diseased character of his skin, making him look every bit the part of a Worm Cultist leader. I swallowed hard, trying to ignore the sickening feeling in my stomach.

(1) AULUS CEALAR: Zenoch, is my apprentice's name Commander Pedius

(17) FLONIUS (NARRATING): This Lord Cealar was obviously an Imperial, and probably Nibenese.

(2) AULUS CEALAR: Zenoch will lead your... loyal men to rendezvous with a Legion at Bruma. (3) From there you will fall under the command of Legionaire Bellemont. We will be striking at Fort Dragonclaw to take it back from the Daggerfall Covenant. You and your men will do as Zenoch bids until then.

(2) PEDIUS: Yes, my Lord, as you wish.

(4) AULUS CEALAR: No. As Molag Bal wishes.

(18) FLONIUS (NARRATING): With that Cealar turned and left, followed closely by his cadre of robed cultists. I could see the discomfort on Commander Pedius' face from my spot in the trees as Zenoch stared at him hungrily.

(19) Oh the company we Imperials now keep.

Cast

Producer/Director/Audio Engineer/: Nights Knight

Writer/Director: TheHumanFloyd

Narrator: Siren

Main Characters

Flonius: Reymas

Zenoch: Krowe

Pedius: Nights Knight

Cealar: Varlynd

Intro Music produced by Nights Knight

all other music/sfx property of Bethesda/Zenimax
  • NightsKnight

Flonius Oaken-Hull's internal struggles are put to the side as his troop runs into trouble from the Ebonheart Pact! Video by Floyd

• NightsKnight
    Come check out The full story! This version includes Episode 3, and the Finale