The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Many people crashing on wayshrine/loading screen only since the past few days

marcmyb14_ESO
marcmyb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Consistent crashing on any attempt to travel using wayshrine. Once it starts, it happens each and every time. I was unaffected up until today, and now I can't zone anymore at all without crashing. Several guildies have already stopped playing for a few days until this gets fixed. This is almost definitely an issue on ZOS's end because it spans across different types of hardware (Intel, AMD and Nvidia, doesn't matter), different versions of Windows 7 and 8.1.

Here's what has been tried so far:

Turned off hyper-threading (RequestedNumJobThreads and RequestedNumWorkerThreads set to 0)
Deleted ShaderCache.cooked
Deleted ZO_InGame.lua
Disabled all addons
Lowered graphics settings
Repaired through launcher
Did Windows update
Installed latest gfx drivers
Closed background processes
Cleaned registry
Scanned drives for errors
Forwarded ESO ports in router
Disabled desktop composition (Windows Aero)
Scanned for viruses

At least one person has also reinstalled Windows and the crash persisted.

I'm starting this thread because this should be separate from the typical game crashing thread. Let me be clear: This is a new kind of crash that's only happening since last patch (2.0.6). Once it starts, it doesn't stop. ZOS, please tell us that this will be fixed come Monday.

EDIT: I logged in to another character, wayshrined to the same place and didn't crash. After going back to the other character, I wasn't crashing anymore. Loading another character fixed the crash for me.
Edited by marcmyb14_ESO on April 25, 2015 12:18AM
GM Oghma Infinium - Ebonheart Pact
VR14 Imperial Dragonknight - Indualis Decimius
VR14 High Elf Sorcerer - Arienna Stormcaller
VR1 Dark Elf Dragonknight - Flame and Shadow
26 Khajiit Nightblade - J'Kaaz Vulon
10 Breton Templar - Sam Guevene