Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since last Patch, game has been slow like my character is running in slow motion

yamissed2
yamissed2
Soul Shriven
the issues is more like i am being lagged, literally to death, for instance i attack one enemy at range with a bow and before i fire a second shot from my bow the enemy is on top of me and has killed me. this was not happening before the weekend patch. this should not be from lag though i have 2 other players in my household that are not experiencing this issue, and we are all running from a direct connection to the router. and nothing else appears to have been affected on my system for internet service. there appears to be plenty of memory left on the storage device with at least 100gb free, i have performed a system performance check, have attempted to reboot the system, repaired the installation, uninstall and reinstall the game, and none of these things has fixed the issue... starting to run out of options... any other thoughts?
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    There could be a QoS(Quality of Service) set on the router. What does your ingame ping show up as? This can be accessed via the Escape menu >> Interface >> Performance (all the way down). Turn your fps and ping on and observe what it is. If you're getting above (ping) 200-250 you're going to start seeing erratic behavior. Likewise, if your fps is low you will see similar behavior.

Furthermore, what is the download/upload rate that you are paying for from the ISP? If this is anything below...I'd say a 12mbps, you're likely to see issues. My wife and I play on a 14mbps together, and I notice the higher ping with simply one other player on the same line.
    Edited by Intervein on April 25, 2015 4:35AM
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • yamissed2
    yamissed2
    Soul Shriven
    no that is not it i am getting an avg. fps of 77 w a latency of 49 with a max of 85 fps and 77 lat. as for my speed 60 mbps down, and 6.74 up. definitely worth a thought though
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something fishy started happening with the last patch (2.0.6). Whenever I'm in combat with multiple mobs my Bolts of Lightning slows down until there is a 2 second lag between when the spell is triggered and my toon actually teleports through space. This is very frustrating and has resulted in several untimely deaths. It almost never seems to happen outside of combat.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally I or a friend will have an issue where the normal PC "run" is happening at about 2/3 speed. What makes it especially frustrating is when we are playing with friends online, and only one of us is being effected.

Sometimes re-logging in or re-starting the game will fix it. Sometimes not.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • yamissed2
    yamissed2
    Soul Shriven
    Something fishy started happening with the last patch (2.0.6). Whenever I'm in combat with multiple mobs my Bolts of Lightning slows down until there is a 2 second lag between when the spell is triggered and my toon actually teleports through space. This is very frustrating and has resulted in several untimely deaths. It almost never seems to happen outside of combat.

Yeah it is kinda like that but all the time, i am constantly running in slow-mo, i actually move faster sneaking than i do walking
  • SevenPlants
    It is actually running in slow-mo right? Not like you accidentally toggled off running and now you're walking?
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    yamissed2 wrote: »
    the issues is more like i am being lagged, literally to death, for instance i attack one enemy at range with a bow and before i fire a second shot from my bow the enemy is on top of me and has killed me. this was not happening before the weekend patch. this should not be from lag though i have 2 other players in my household that are not experiencing this issue, and we are all running from a direct connection to the router. and nothing else appears to have been affected on my system for internet service. there appears to be plenty of memory left on the storage device with at least 100gb free, i have performed a system performance check, have attempted to reboot the system, repaired the installation, uninstall and reinstall the game, and none of these things has fixed the issue... starting to run out of options... any other thoughts?

let me guess, u use EU server.
    i had the same problem for the past 4 days after 2.0.6 , i stopped fighting mobs cause they killed me fast without me being able to even draw weapon.. .but i dont know what happened, after 4 days of terrible lag today all works ok,i didnt do anything from my side,no changes at all.no repair,no reinstall, and all works like before.go figure.
  • yamissed2
    yamissed2
    Soul Shriven
    so this was fixed after i reinstalled my video card driver for the second time..... wierd