The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Writ Manager - AddOn Request

Lithium Flower
Lithium Flower
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I do writs for 6 crafts every day and it takes a considerable chunk of time. And every day I find myself yearning for a simple Addon - on the pattern of Bank Manager Revised that would do the following:-

1. Post a Reminder on the Screen to Pick up Writs by Craft (Optional)

2. Read and analyse each writ and post a To-Do list of materials required to complete them in a similar format as below:

Alchemy Writ: 1 x Columbine; 1 x Bugloss; 3 x Cloud Mist;
Blacksmithing Writ: 143 x voidstone ingots;
Clothing Writ: 126 x flax;
Enchanting Writ: 1 x Kura, 1 x Makko, 1 x Ta, 1 x Denima;
Provisioning Writ: 1 x Apple, 1 x Cheese, 1 x Surilie Grapes, 1 x Lemon;
Woodworking Writ: 118 x Sanded Maple]

In case the player does not know a recipe or alchemy combination - it could simply state 'unknown recipe' or 'unknown potion'.

3. When a player accesses a designated bank or guild bank, check availability of materials or items required by writs and withdraw as required.

4. Place a check against the item when it's been obtained.

5. Clear data when writs have been successfully completed/turned in.

This would be a great utility tool especially for people doing writs on multiple characters every day. A huge time saver and I'm sure many, many crafters will appreciate something like this.

Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Khrill Crafting Post-It add on. It may not have some of the features you want in the add-on, but it's a good start.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do writs every day. It usually takes me no more than 15-20 minutes or less. I don't really need an add-on when all I have to do is press J, and look at Crafting quests for details. I save a lot of time because I always make a stack of whatever alchemy or provisioning items are asked for. By now, I know what the writs ask for, so I save those runes or plants when I find them in the world. It's rare when a quick bank trip can't fill writs that aren't completed as soon as I get them. Even for the equipment writs, it's just a rotation of the same writs, so a quick check in Journal and I can make the items. It does help that I have huge quantities of mats from nirncrux farming.

I'm a big fan of add-ons, I just don't see how that can be any quicker than pressing J. The rest is a matter of collecting as you go and banking items for future writs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not exactly what you are looking for, I would highly recommend you try out something like the Fully-Customizable Multi-Quests Tracker addon, which lets you view all your active quests on the screen at once, instead of only one.

I do the crafting writs as well, and I find this very handy to show me everything I need to do. And of course, it's also very nice for showing me all the other quests I have as well. :)

Edited by Divinius on April 29, 2015 12:34PM