The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The AA Horsejump Issue

Woeler
Woeler
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Alright, so this has been an issue since Craglorn was released and the more I have to do it the more it annoys me.

The issue
In the Aetherian Archives (Trial in Craglorn) the raid has to move through the dungeon by using certain telepads to travel from one part of the dungeon to the next. After the first boss there is a certain situation where one can use his horse to jump over a gap onto the next island, thereby skipping an entire pack of trash. If you are extremely lucky everyone in your raid will pass this jump and move on to the second boss.

So the thing that annoys me the most is that in order to get the best score in AA one still has to make this risky jump. Skipping as much as possible in trials will STILL give you a better score than killing everything. Am I the only one who thought this pointsystem was there to PREVENT skipping and exploiting?

Whenever my guild goes for the topscore we need to make the jump. Most of the time one or two people won't make it and you will have to restart the dungeon over and over. The top scores on this raid are not based on skill anymore, but rather on the fact of being lucky enough that your whole raid makes this jump and succeeds.

I am really, really tired of having to use this luck-based exploit in order to get to the top of the leaderboard.

So zenimax, please, please fix this nonsense. This could have been fixed ages ago. Just put an invisible wall there and be done with it. And of course, reset the scoreboard.
Edited by Woeler on April 23, 2015 7:10PM
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Agree the jumping is just a pain in the A.. ! I don't feel it's about getting better and faster at the trial it's just a really lame and annoying luck factor.

I'm all for an invisible wall or something like that!
    Edited by Eucken on April 23, 2015 7:10PM
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See it as the 1 challenge in AA. :D
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not hard to do at all... Don't even need Rapid for it...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can actually jump on foot from that place down to the stone boss, horse jump is so easy.

Tip/hint dont use sprint
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    i think its not about how you can do it as more about why you are forced to do it. It is no mechanic at all, as it is basically the dumbest way to gain point, ignoring the plattform mechanic aswell as killing adds. Boring as f**k but you have to do it to be good? - silly s**t
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody is forcing you, just dont join those guilds/runs that do erm, you dont have any need for being number one, its not like you actually getting real money for it anyways. As soon as you see this a mer game and not a competition, things like that dont really matter.

if its for the weeklies, horse jump aint needed either to get it, just have a solid team and no deaths
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    nobody is forcing you, just dont join those guilds/runs that do erm, you dont have any need for being number one, its not like you actually getting real money for it anyways. As soon as you see this a mer game and not a competition, things like that dont really matter.

if its for the weeklies, horse jump aint needed either to get it, just have a solid team and no deaths

Well, lets keep it that I still know what I do and do not have need for and like doing. What I don't like is that mechanic skipping brings more points than doing the raid the genuine way. For some it is a competition, and for some it is really nice when they beat another score. I don't want to be rude, but what matters and doesn't matter for me isn't really yours to decide...
    Edited by Woeler on April 23, 2015 7:53PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler, mr.bad guy...... have fun m8 I have no need to deal with your anger issues
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    If you are a progress raiding guil, like us, you are forced to do it.

You can't jsut stand around there saying: "oh nice we are 2000points below #1 but we didn't jump so basically we got it" - doesn't work that way. You are forced to do it if you want to compete with others and therefore using a mechanic that is just pure s**t. Like i wrote before you are skipping adds, the trial plattform mechanic. Shouldn't it be about how good/fast you can kill adds and concentrated your member are with the plattforms rather then "let's just ignore everything and hope everyone makes the jump"
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with constructive comments, just not with people telling me what I should like and what I should find meaningful.
  • Ygaer
    Ygaer
    For the record, I was in the group that just got 69k a couple nights ago (I think it was 2nd NA all time at the time) and we absolutely did not horse jump. We were only a few hundred behind the top score and we didn't have a single pvp buff, so trying to convince yourself that doing the jump is necessary to get the best score is a cop out and a terribly lame excuse.

Ygaer Meister - AD
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Ygaer wrote: »
    For the record, I was in the group that just got 69k a couple nights ago (I think it was 2nd NA all time at the time) and we absolutely did not horse jump. We were only a few hundred behind the top score and we didn't have a single pvp buff, so trying to convince yourself that doing the jump is necessary to get the best score is a cop out and a terribly lame excuse.

the EU scores are much higher my friend and eventually the group who wants to be first will have to jump since time ist still everything in the scoreing system.

I wanted to elaborate a bit further since we seemed to have wandered a bit of topic on some occasions.

This is disscussion is about getting the max. points per run. If you do an analysis of this portion of the trial you are only left with 2 options:

Do the adds and teleport or jump.

If you only look at this part of the Trial for score improvement the decision is allways to jump. Now of course there are other places you can improve on AA but if you have done all that there is to do, there is allways the jump left which gives you about 2000-2500 points.

And with a premise of max. points in a given run. You will have to jump eventually or are "forced" to do it under the given premise.

Regards Eucken
    Edited by Eucken on April 24, 2015 7:09AM
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question, why do you do Trials aren't they easy and give not very good loot or xp? Genuine question I've heard this several times.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has died to the horse jump I approve this change :)
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ygaer wrote: »
    Actually, on the EU server to get the best score you need to jump. Best score is over 72k, you cannot do that without a jump. You simply lose too much time on the mobs. We once did 70k and a bit without jump and that run was with no deaths, speedrun, hardmode.
    Edited by Woeler on April 24, 2015 4:27PM
  • Ygaer
    Ygaer
    Ultimately I agree with the principle of this thread. ZOS is pretty lame for not actually changing the way scoring mechanics work to make killing the mobs worth more than doing the jump. That was the whole damn impetus for the scoring change in the first place. The fact that they basically lied to their entire endgame PVE community and said there are many variables that effect our score other than how fast we run it is pretty damn insulting and really, really puts me off as a paying consumer of their product.

That said, I still think doing the jump is lame even if I can't fault anyone for doing it since that's the system ZOS has not only put in place but allowed to exist despite claiming otherwise. I guess the one good thing about doing the jump now is if 1 or 2 people die you don't have to reset necessarily, you can just let them rez and run back :P
    Ygaer Meister - AD
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top score in AA atm for EU did not horse jump just F.Y.I.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o
    Leon119 wrote: »
    Top score in AA atm for EU did not horse jump just F.Y.I.
    Yeah we did it without horsejump it is too buggy and cheesy
    Edited by ginoboehm on April 26, 2015 7:11PM
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    the best aa times in 1.5 also didnt involve the jump.

Spend all the time you're wasting on the jump improving your dps.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519