Native PC controller features

Kalifas
Kalifas
✭✭✭
I am creating this discussion to get to know what you want and share my wants as well. What are some things you want to see? It could be a feature from any elder scrolls or any game that supports controller. This applies to controller users only, obviously.

I want an option to choose between the Skyrim-esque UI menu management or retain the current PC UI management.

teso_increase_inventory_space-1024x543.jpg

Basically I want to be able to use controller with the current PC UI and make it totally functional. Less scrolling like skyrim-esque version and more hotkey based for UI/Menus/Inventory management.

On menu screen:
1.Bumpers cycle between different menus, skills, inventory, character, etc.
2.Triggers cycle between sub menus in the main menu. Like in inventory it would cycle between all, weapon, armor, etc.
3.D-Pad cycles up,down,left, and right through inventory.
4.Face button hotkeys for performing functions such as enchant, destroy,equip, repair,etc.
5.UI would be able to be zoomed in or out in the option menu.

Cursor memory would be set in the inventory grid. Hovering over an item would display previews just as below.
2QpvAq8.jpg

Environment & NPC interactions:

1.Face button A/X would be the button used to talk with NPCs or harvest.
2.Face button hotkeys would be right next to dialogue options and not on left side of screen like console. X/Y/B/A or X/Triangle/Circle/Square assigned to choices.
pvw3672.jpg

Controller Combat Functionality:
I would like to see a transparent generic controller displayed with the actions shown on it as in below screenshot.
Notice the custom options for controller.

A)There should be a camera speed for combat mode and mouse speed for UI mode slider.
B)Should be a set skill direction option. Character direction or camera direction.
C)There should be a third option for camera position. Behind the character, over the shoulder, or above and behind the character.

Controls.jpg

Idea for Mmo controller:
This idea is based off the Wii-U controller adapted for mmos. Other buttons for quick access could be added. This controller, if it became reality would be programmable with xpadder and pinnacle profiler.

Mmo%20controller.png

Will update later if anyone has any feedback!
Edited by Kalifas on November 11, 2015 7:57PM
An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!