Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Writs: "Exploit" and worth?

demonaffinity
demonaffinity
✭✭✭
The title is a bit weird, but I basically have 2 questions:

1. say i got 50 provisioning on 1 of my characters, could I start a writ on every other character I have, but make the food on my provisioning character, and send it to the others to complete several food writs?

2. When reaching level 50 on a craft, is it still worth doing writs? On alchemy for instance I noticed that its almost just as if I use several reagents to get different ones, and a bit of gold too.
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    I can answer #1.

It doesn't matter who crafts the item, but it needs to be crafted by someone. You can buy items from guild stores and it still counts (I did this a month or two ago anyway). However you should consider that you get level-based gold and item rewards based on crafting rank (such as in Solvent Proficiency), so it may not be worth your time doing five rank-1 writs a day unless you're trying to raise an army of awesome provisioners.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes. This works perfectly fine - for provisioning and alchemy writs the only thing that matters is that you have the item they request, and that it was crafted by a player rather than being a dropped item, or one purchased from a vendor. These writs are so much simpler to complete when you craft a bunch of the items in advance, and then just grab a writ and turn it in each day.
    2. For the consumables writs, it's absolutely worth doing at level 50. Because a high level provisioner will craft 4 of each food or drink with each set of ingredients, you get far more ingredients back from a writ than you put into it, as well as a recipe (which you may or may not already know), a chance to get rare ingredients only available from writs and hirelings, and gold. For similar reasons, alchemy writs are well worth doing. The return on your investment of materials isn't as high as it is with provisioning, but you still get significantly more out of the writ than you put into it (again, because each time you use the ingredients to craft you get 4 potions), as well as a chance at a survey, and the gold. Enchanting writs are also worth doing, but really only because of the chance of receiving a kuta as a reward, and because that combined with the occasional survey and the gold reward means that over time you'll get more out of them than you put into them, even if that's not the case with each individual writ that you turn in. I mean, yeah, you can decon the rune that you get from it, but you won't get as much back from that as you put into the rune you made for the writ, and the soul gems you sometimes get are OK too, but nothing special. The equipment writs, though, are absolutely not worth doing at level 50 unless you happen to have loads of mats lying around that you'd only vendor otherwise, or unless you can buy the mats you need for less than the gold reward of the writ. I guess if you're turning in equipment writs in Craglorn you can hope to get a survey that might get you a nirncrux, but that seems like playing the lottery to me.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    1. Yes. This works perfectly fine - for provisioning and alchemy writs the only thing that matters is that you have the item they request, and that it was crafted by a player rather than being a dropped item, or one purchased from a vendor. These writs are so much simpler to complete when you craft a bunch of the items in advance, and then just grab a writ and turn it in each day.
    2. For the consumables writs, it's absolutely worth doing at level 50. Because a high level provisioner will craft 4 of each food or drink with each set of ingredients, you get far more ingredients back from a writ than you put into it, as well as a recipe (which you may or may not already know), a chance to get rare ingredients only available from writs and hirelings, and gold. For similar reasons, alchemy writs are well worth doing. The return on your investment of materials isn't as high as it is with provisioning, but you still get significantly more out of the writ than you put into it (again, because each time you use the ingredients to craft you get 4 potions), as well as a chance at a survey, and the gold. Enchanting writs are also worth doing, but really only because of the chance of receiving a kuta as a reward, and because that combined with the occasional survey and the gold reward means that over time you'll get more out of them than you put into them, even if that's not the case with each individual writ that you turn in. I mean, yeah, you can decon the rune that you get from it, but you won't get as much back from that as you put into the rune you made for the writ, and the soul gems you sometimes get are OK too, but nothing special. The equipment writs, though, are absolutely not worth doing at level 50 unless you happen to have loads of mats lying around that you'd only vendor otherwise, or unless you can buy the mats you need for less than the gold reward of the writ. I guess if you're turning in equipment writs in Craglorn you can hope to get a survey that might get you a nirncrux, but that seems like playing the lottery to me.

Really appreciate the reply, but next time please use paragraphs x)