Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Splitting Stacks

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this is new, or if I just never knew I could do this. But I found a super fast way to split a large stack down to 3 (or whatever you want the amount to be)

Go to Split the stack, then click right next to the number. You can then backspace out the number that is there, and enter the amount you want. Neat

Prior to this I was just clicking and holding down the + or - sign, the numbers would spin faster the longer I held it, but not as fast as directly entering the desired value.
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    not new but a helpful hint to new players.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o Mind = Blown. Seriously, how did I not know this before?

Side note: @snowmanflvb14_ESO your sig is one of my all-time favorite lines from a game, although "When the going gets tough, somebody hold my rodent!" comes close.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like @snowmanflvb14_ESO wrote, it's not new, but helpful. Thanks for posting it, @Nestor :)
    And for addon fans: esoui.com/downloads/info458-HarvensStackSplitSlider.html I'm using this for months now I don't want to go without anymore^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also double click and it will highlight the number, allowing you to replace with the number of your choosing. (*It's only one less keystroke, but it adds up)

I'd like to see them add a line of code that autosplits when you have 3 or fewer items and select this, as there is only one possible way it can happen at that point.

(P.S. I feel bad for the hours you've lost clicking the arrow keys :| )
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 23, 2015 12:02PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can aswell push shift to increase or decrease your stack by 10 insetad of 1
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    you can aswell push shift to increase or decrease your stack by 10 insetad of 1

What? Now THIS is mind blowing!!
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when someone told me about that it made my life so much easier!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Merlin13KAGL;1754561"

(P.S. I feel bad for the hours you've lost clicking the arrow keys :| )[/quote]

Lets see, about 500 writs across my characters all needing 3 of an item that I have a 100 or more of in the bank, yes, a long time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

(P.S. I feel bad for the hours you've lost clicking the arrow keys :| )

Lets see, about 500 writs across my characters all needing 3 of an item that I have a 100 or more of in the bank, yes, a long time.
    I used to do that with writs too, until I realized that if you just took the whole stack, when you went to deliver the writ it only takes the number it asked for. So now I grab the stack from the bank, deliver the writ, go back to the bank (which I was going to do anyway to put the writ rewards in there) and put the stack back in the bank so that the next character who needs it can use it. No more stack splitting for writs!
    Edited by UrQuan on April 23, 2015 5:19PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    :o Mind = Blown. Seriously, how did I not know this before?

Side note: @snowmanflvb14_ESO your sig is one of my all-time favorite lines from a game, although "When the going gets tough, somebody hold my rodent!" comes close.

love that one too. Everytime I hear the same voice in this game it makes me think of Minsc
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to necro this for the sake of others learning. Haha
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is far from the worst necro thread I've seen...
    :wink:
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone