The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Istyar Tale - A "little" tale of mine.

Istyar
Istyar
✭✭✭
Hello friends!

My name is Diego and I'm from Brazil. I'm here to share a tale I've been writing since 2011.
All my 200 page are written in Portuguese and I've been studying English a lot lately. I think it's a good way to pratice, so i'm translating all my tale from portuguese to english.
I really love TES lore, and I dug really deep to make every thing I wrote here to be compatible with TES universe(including references from UESP Wiki (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page) which is the most trustful site about TES.
Well, I really hope you like it and when I finish to translate the other part I'll post it here!

Prologue

Skywatch Fields, Summerset Isles, 2E - 486

-Healer, come here fast! This one is alive! – Shouted one High Elf in a shine gold armor. - Soldier, what happened here? – Asked the Altmer, not believing that the other elf who was on the ground could be alive.

- He had the very Death in his eyes. – Started the another High Elf laying in the ground.

“I mean, if death had been reincarnated in someone, it would be him. His eyes were like pools of complete darkness and desire to kill. He stood up in the hill for a while dressed with a black robe covering his whole body, it was like he waited for us to take position outside the gates… and we did. We stood our ground and took our positions. Mages and archers above the wall and heavy infantry and some knights in front of the wall. No one knew why they had to move an entire legion just because of one man but it was an direct order from the City Keeper, and no one challenges him.. But when the blue skies and hot sun of the noon gave their place to a grey sky and heavy clouds we knew that he wasn’t a normal man, you know, Summerset isn’t known by it’s cloudly sky… I noticed that my conrades were too afraid about it all, and I shouted to then:

-He’s only an elf! We? We are a legion, soldiers of the King, we are the Summerset last wall!

And then a rain started, a rain like I never seen… with thunders cutting the sky, It looked like we could drown on it. Right after the rain started fall he started running in our direction. I felt a bolt of fear running through my spine, and I knew that I could do nothing to stop that man from reaching his objectives. He removed his black robe and in the same moment he did it we all recognized him. An Altmer with no left arm and carrying a flying Dai-Katana? Yeah, it was him.

The moment that he threw his Dai-Katana in our direction, like a ballista missile, and I saw that thing cut the soldier right next to me in a half and then it started fighting by itself, like if it had proper life, I felt the mostly intense desire to run, but I didn’t. I ran in his direction keeping my shield up and my sword ready.
I didn’t look back, but I knew that I was the only one that ran.
I prayed for the Eight to keep me alive. I was too terrified to look forward and when I finally created the courage to look, he was like too meters in front of me, running in my direction, he wasn't even looking at me, at this point the world slowed down, I could saw the drops of rain falling from the gray sky above and then I looked into his dead eyes. It was the most courageous thing I did in my entire life and, I have no shame to tell you, I dropped my weapon and fell off on my knees because it was worthless trying to fight that Altmer…The moment he saw that I had given up, I heard his voice in my head saying: Wise.

And then I felt a terrific pain and felt unconscious”

- What are you saying! It makes no sense, who is this “Altmer” you are talking about?

- You’re so eager to know what happened here… I’ll tell you, sir. What happened here was an elf trying to save his friend that were King’s captives. God damn it, we were five hundred man! Mostly of us were already ready to go to the coast to stop the Maomeri invasion and some of us were the most skilled warriors in the entire province, he stepped on us as if we were nothing! Look what is left of us, five hundred slaughtered bodies.

- Stop this and tell me WHO was here. Now.

- Istyar, “the-one-that-cannot-be-touched”, was here. – Said the soldier.

-It is impossible, I saw Istyar die! – Said the captain, incredulous. How could it be possible, he was banished from this plane!

- Oh, sir, I was present that day too – Said the soldier with a smile on his face. - When three of the most powerful beings in this world united their forces to destroy him. I saw his flesh be disintegrated by the Triad’s power. I saw they capture his soul in a black vibrant soul gem and, Gods forgive me, I saw what they did with it.

-This guy is delirious. – The captain looked at the soldier with a pity face. - Let’s enter the citadel and find out what happened here. – He raised an arm and shouted. – Someone take care of this unlucky ***!

- Oh, you’re going to enter there? I would not do it, but I wish you luck. – But do not bother with me, I have one favor to ask you: Kill me, fast and painless, I’d do it myself, but as you can see, I have no arms anymore. – Said the soldier with a sickly smile in his lips.
Istyar ~ Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - Savior of Nirn - Hero of Tamriel

Istyar, the old sorcerer from Summerset Isles, Master of the Old Ways of the Psjiic Order and Grand Master of the Illusion and Mysticism Divison of Aldmeri Dominion Army.

Check the UESP and learn more about TES universe: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page