The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Testing Skill and Abilities

Fleshreaper
Fleshreaper
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just wondering, how do people know if they are getting procs from item sets or if skills are not giving the full affect. Reason why I am asking, is that I would like to test my toons build. I am running a Dunmer - Night Blade - Vampire - Dual Swords. Currently I am at VR4 in VR4 gear, 5 Hunding/4 Night Mother's with Warrior Stone and I get very low on health when taking on 3 mobs. Close to finishing Greenshade. I take more damage from ranged. A few days ago when I was VR3 in VR2 gear, I was not having the problem. I don't know if the mobs at the end of the zone get harder or if I may have broken something.

If anyone can tell me how I can find out the information, I would appreciate it greatly.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best place to test skills is finding a quiet spot in Cyrodiil and meet with a friend who plays in a different alliance.
    Another thing that helps are Addons (e.g. addons that actually show damage numbers while fighting), but you have to be carefull with them as they might have bugs aswell.

But in your case, if you haven't changed anything else (same skills, same bufffood, same PvP-buffs, armour repaired) I would assume that your enemies just hit harder when you progress in the game.
    Another thing could be the type of enemy you fight. In an region with many firecasters it will be much harder for you as a vampire.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly its a combination of addons like:

1. Foundry Tactical Combat
    2. Combat Log statistics
    3. S'rendarr
    4. Combat Cloud

By configuring the settings for each you can pretty much cover all the particulars, although some procs still require manual testing. Some procs can be seen directly from the character sheet and skill tool-tips as well.

Is there a specific proc you were wondering about?
    Edited by Cuyler on April 22, 2015 3:45PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, certain proc. Just overall. Each human mob is taking 1-2 swings more to kill. I know this doesn't sound like much but when there are 3 or 4 mobs it adds up fast. At 3 mobs take 3-5 seconds longer to kill, is a lot of damage incoming. I have just notice over the past few days, that my damage out put and my damage taken is not the same. When my rotation and everything else has stayed the same.

I will certainly be check out those ideas and addons. Thank you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few days ago when I was VR3 in VR2 gear, I was not having the problem. I don't know if the mobs at the end of the zone get harder or if I may have broken something.

Just to check, is the armor at the same level of Improvement as your old gear? Is the current gear the same as the old gear, or is this a new build? Have you put different skills on your rotation? Did you put any Glyphs on your armor? Do you still have the old VR2 stuff to put on and see if it makes a difference?

Also, some mobs in some areas have different attacks so you may need to adjust tactics. I have not noticed all that much mob progression in the VR instances like there is in the Leveling Instances. Maybe there is, but I am just that good. Nah, I think the mobs have more parity across the zone in VR.

However, all that being said, my NB is the one character I have that I need to keep an eye on my health. He uses more potions than any other one.

Edit: Have you tried using skill like Mark Target or Shades or Fear or Sap Essence?

Edited by Nestor on April 22, 2015 4:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    A few days ago when I was VR3 in VR2 gear, I was not having the problem. I don't know if the mobs at the end of the zone get harder or if I may have broken something.

Just to check, is the armor at the same level of Improvement as your old gear? Is the current gear the same as the old gear, or is this a new build? Have you put different skills on your rotation? Did you put any Glyphs on your armor? Do you still have the old VR2 stuff to put on and see if it makes a difference?

Also, some mobs in some areas have different attacks so you may need to adjust tactics. I have not noticed all that much mob progression in the VR instances like there is in the Leveling Instances. Maybe there is, but I am just that good. Nah, I think the mobs have more parity across the zone in VR.

However, all that being said, my NB is the one character I have that I need to keep an eye on my health. He uses more potions than any other one.

Gear is green with blue enchants same as before. Same enchants and stats just different level.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if the mobs at the end of the zone get harder or if I may have broken something.
    To answer this question I would say yes they do although the level shows as being the same. Different areas of a zone will have a wide variance of the type of mobs. Usually the mobs in the beginning of a zone are your basic humanoid types then as you progress they pick up more resistance and mechanics etc.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]