The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So why are 'old' provisioning items still dropping

fromtesonlineb16_ESO
fromtesonlineb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Somewhere in The Rift I just picked up an Old Shank .. WTF is this still doing in the game?

[edit]

LMAO, ZOS your forum filters are so lame .. that censored word is S H A N K, you know a FOOD INGREDIENT!

/golfclap
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where else is this guy going to get his stuff?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165023/wtb-old-provision-items-eu

The Rift drop is mentioned in that thread, I think. A few other places still drop old stuff too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Just add that word to one of quite a few that are banned in forums but are in game ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that these items are still dropping shows very clearly that the people managing the loot drop tables have extremely bad tools at their disposal to do their job. We have seen other effects of this before, like the wrong type of leather scraps dropping for an entire zone, or "rewards" from bosses in delves in Cyrodiil still being no higher than level 50. Things like this should be quick and easy fixes, but apparently they are not.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that these items are still dropping shows very clearly that the people managing the loot drop tables have extremely bad tools at their disposal to do their job. We have seen other effects of this before, like the wrong type of leather scraps dropping for an entire zone, or "rewards" from bosses in delves in Cyrodiil still being no higher than level 50. Things like this should be quick and easy fixes, but apparently they are not.

Ya'd think....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @fromtesonlineb16_ESO was this in a cave within The Rift? If so, this has been fixed internally and will be rolled out in a future patch. It was nothing more than a "whoops", and certainly not intended.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    @fromtesonlineb16_ESO was this in a cave within The Rift? If so, this has been fixed internally and will be rolled out in a future patch. It was nothing more than a "whoops", and certainly not intended.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , you can also get these from the trash heaps in the town in the SW corner of Shadowfen, though it kind of makes sense to get them there ;)
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere in The Rift I just picked up an Old Shank .. WTF is this still doing in the game?

[edit]

LMAO, ZOS your forum filters are so lame .. that censored word is S H A N K, you know a FOOD INGREDIENT!

/golfclap

You're fortunate that they didn't edit your post again because they're sort of insistent on their censoring and don't like people "bypassing" it. The problem is that the censors don't recognise context, only words, which I suspect is because of word associations recognised by spiders in searches. That word is slang for an act of violence so they probably get complaints from outside groups.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edit]

/golfclap

You're fortunate that they didn't edit your post again because they're sort of insistent on their censoring and don't like people "bypassing" it. The problem is that the censors don't recognise context, only words, which I suspect is because of word associations recognised by spiders in searches. That word is slang for an act of violence so they probably get complaints from outside groups.
    I once self-censored a word by replacing a bunch of the letters with ***, and got a warning for trying to get around the censors... I mean, really? How is it trying to get around the censors when I'm actually censoring it?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

[edit]

/golfclap

I once self-censored a word by replacing a bunch of the letters with "asterixes" and got a warning for trying to get around the censors... I mean, really? How is it trying to get around the censors when I'm actually censoring it?

I did as well, figuring that self-censoring would do the trick originally. Now I just type the word "asterix" in a post if I'm quoting anything with stars in it :p. I understand the intent of not allowing placeholders like that on the forums, but it should probably be mentioned in the rules list as it's a natural thought that I think occurs to a lot of people to use instead otherwise.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 22, 2015 12:44AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't know for sure as I only discovered the 'old' item when I came to empty my bags but I certainly did go into at least one cave (as well as a few Delves) while mapping the zone, getting shards, etc.. All I am certain of is that I didn't have it when I entered the zone.

Thanks for explaining why it's still there, as you obviously realised I had expected they'd all gone from the world when the Great Provisioning Change came to Tamriel. :)
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 22, 2015 6:27AM
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    I've got two different stacks of carrots. Kinda keeping the obsolete stack (which isn't marked "Old") as a curiousity.
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"