The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Download game via steam

PHOENIXREVENGE
PHOENIXREVENGE
Soul Shriven
Steam version:
Am I able to download the game and update it with steam? (I would like to skip the ESO launcher, because it is broken for me.)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already own the game there is no way to transfer your account to steam. If you don't yet though, it's an option.

I'm not sure if the launcher is optional or forced, but users on steam can use the launcher (not sure if you HAVE to though)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1738896/#Comment_1738896
    Xabien wrote: »
    People play this on Steam too. No launcher.

I play it through Steam, still a launcher.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the launcher is optional or forced, but users on steam can use the launcher (not sure if you HAVE to though)

I know you can skip the launcher if you downloaded the game through the website.
    look under Program Files/ Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/ Game/ Client.
    Then find the eso application file. Right click - Send To - Desktop (Create Shortcut). Then just use that short cut to launch the game. No more launcher.

Not sure if that works for the Steam version though.
    Steam version:
    Am I able to download the game and update it with steam? (I would like to skip the ESO launcher, because it is broken for me.)

If your asking if downloading/installing the game through Steam will automatically bump it up to version 1.6, I don't think it will. Steam just acts as the retailer here, same as if you bought the game from Gamestop or Amazon. They don't have access to the servers or anything like that so the version being sold through them is probably back at release or pretty close to it. Which means you'll still have to run the launcher to update the game.
    Edited by Fruitmass on April 22, 2015 10:08AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • PHOENIXREVENGE
    PHOENIXREVENGE
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your help!