The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have done EVERYTHING - and yet I'm 300k under level at VT 3

INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
Hi Guys,

TL:DR - Have done literally everything, have confirmed this, am 300k XP under.

I'm having an issue with vet content, namely I'm several 100k xp under-levelled. Before anyone says anything:

1) I have used maps to ensure I have found every location.

2) I have diligently done every quest at every hub from lvl 1 to vt 3 (confirmed by internet searches, achievements, etc).

3) I have done every dolmen, every world boss, every single player delve.

4) I have not avoided enemies, and have generally tried to 'kill everything' :p.

5) The only thing I have not done, is a few of the group dungeons (I think I have 3 outstanding), but I don't see this making up for the missing XP.

I don't really understand. I've been very punctilious about the whole game, I'm very much a completion type player. I am finding it frustrating. I do not think it the group dungeons, as I have friends who haven't done even a single one, but are on level for VT 1. This issue began for me as I went from VT 2 to VT 3 area - and now only seems to be getting worse!

I can see myself arriving a couple of levels under by VT 12 tbh.

Is it just that I need to GRIND? Is it part of the game that I must grind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :). Sorry for essay!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/ Not sure how this has happened to you. I had to actually skip content during my own factions zones so I would enter my first veteran area at VR1. I am now VR9 and am just completing my VR6 zone. I DO partake in group dungeons (more than once, I do pledges.. but not every day by far). And since you used internet searches, I'm going to guess you know that there are more quests in a zone than what is needed for the achievement? And many side quests not related to completeing "hubs"? Maybe try expanding what you do, do some PvP and start doing dungeons?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    MissBizz wrote: »
    :/ Not sure how this has happened to you. I had to actually skip content during my own factions zones so I would enter my first veteran area at VR1. I am now VR9 and am just completing my VR6 zone. I DO partake in group dungeons (more than once, I do pledges.. but not every day by far). And since you used internet searches, I'm going to guess you know that there are more quests in a zone than what is needed for the achievement? And many side quests not related to completeing "hubs"? Maybe try expanding what you do, do some PvP and start doing dungeons?

As far as I'm aware I've 'branched out' across the map and discovered every quest, and done them.

I may just have to go grind world bosses and delves to get the XP I guess. It could be the case that I've just done everything once, and that isn't playing as intended?

Pretty annoying all the same. I'm not looking forward to a few hours of grind lol! Cheers for response.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I have been through almost every Vet zone post 1.5 (when it really changed) and I will say that some zones are just enough content for 1 VR Rank. But, most zones if you get the Adventurer Achievement, all the World Bosses, all the Dolmens and all the Delves/Caves etc, your going to get one VR Rank, or more, per zone.

Now, I have to ask, did you skip the starter islands for the Silver faction you are currently in? That alone can give you half a VR Rank right there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get the addon Destinations to make sure you did everything. I am Vet 12 and I'm finally in the last zone of the 3rd faction. I also did a little bit of pvp and several dugeons. All zones are 100% completed except my last zone and crag.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    Get the addon Destinations to make sure you did everything. I am Vet 12 and I'm finally in the last zone of the 3rd faction. I also did a little bit of pvp and several dugeons. All zones are 100% completed except my last zone and crag.

You need to be careful with using destinations though. Unless something has changed it only marks the first quest giver of a chain, so if you grabbed the quest, then finished it but didn't finish the whole chain.. it won't let you know. As well, they seem to be adding quests quite often, so I don't think it's complete yet.

If you think of it as a grind, it'll feel like one. Go explore, do the public delve again, maybe go do some Cyrodiil quests and dolmens! Chance of some good drops that are your own level, plus some achievements to be had!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, every character I have has been significantly over-level by the end of their last pre-coldharbour alliance zone (most to the point where quests are going gray), and hit VR1 well before the halfway mark of Coldharbour. The VR characters that I have (setting aside the 3 that are still at VR1 and either haven't completed Coldharbour or are still on the starter island for their Silver zones) have consistently been 1-2 Vet ranks over-level by about halfway through the first full Silver zone (after having done the starter islands). And although I do every single quest and delve on every character, I don't even do all of the world bosses, dolmens, or group dungeons on them, and I don't grind.

If you really have been doing every single quest etc, the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're sneaking past a lot of the mobs you encounter? Personally I don't grind, but I do kill pretty much every mob I come across as I'm playing, so maybe that's the difference.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started a new toon two weeks ago
    Doing every normal quest, world boss, dungeon (group, solo and public group) got me to 50 (ding 50\V1 in cold harbour)
    Doing Cadwell Silver, world boss, dungeon (V1 - V5 vet group dungeons , solo and public group) got me to V5
    Doing Cadwell Gold, world boss, dungeon ( solo and public group) got me to V10 (no vet group dungeons has I had done them in V1-V5 and Vet City of Ash is V14 only) got me to V10

That is when I then had issues, as Craglorn questing gives bad exp and I did every quest (including all the daily's once) and just got to V11. I then did all the Cyrodiil quests once each (so got the achievement) and then got my toon to V12

I think the Cadwell Gold & Silver quests are fine, but Craglorn exp is just plain broken.

Doing DSA now a lot to try to level from V12 to V14 as that is the only option besides grinding.

• INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    Hello guys/girls,

I've done all starter islands, and believe me I've explored every area fully.

I think potentially I have been rushing from marker to marker a lot, and not killing enough enemies. Across the entire game I guess that could add up. Don't feel I've been doing mob avoidance to that extent though!

Either way, I will finish Rivenspire and see where I am then. I can always grind out a couple hundred k xp I guess.
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Personally, every character I have has been significantly over-level by the end of their last pre-coldharbour alliance zone (most to the point where quests are going gray), and hit VR1 well before the halfway mark of Coldharbour. The VR characters that I have (setting aside the 3 that are still at VR1 and either haven't completed Coldharbour or are still on the starter island for their Silver zones) have consistently been 1-2 Vet ranks over-level by about halfway through the first full Silver zone (after having done the starter islands). And although I do every single quest and delve on every character, I don't even do all of the world bosses, dolmens, or group dungeons on them, and I don't grind.

If you really have been doing every single quest etc, the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're sneaking past a lot of the mobs you encounter? Personally I don't grind, but I do kill pretty much every mob I come across as I'm playing, so maybe that's the difference.

I think you're right, I will have to kill more enemies in future.
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    Nestor wrote: »
    OK I have been through almost every Vet zone post 1.5 (when it really changed) and I will say that some zones are just enough content for 1 VR Rank. But, most zones if you get the Adventurer Achievement, all the World Bosses, all the Dolmens and all the Delves/Caves etc, your going to get one VR Rank, or more, per zone.

Now, I have to ask, did you skip the starter islands for the Silver faction you are currently in? That alone can give you half a VR Rank right there.

Yeah I did them :).
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys/girls,

I've done all starter islands, and believe me I've explored every area fully.

I think potentially I have been rushing from marker to marker a lot, and not killing enough enemies. Across the entire game I guess that could add up. Don't feel I've been doing mob avoidance to that extent though!

Either way, I will finish Rivenspire and see where I am then. I can always grind out a couple hundred k xp I guess.
    Yeah, that's probably what it is then. Over the course of the game, those mob kills really add up. In the Silver zones I find that I get more XP from killing the mobs between one quest hub and the next (just the ones as I'm travelling I mean, not even including the ones I kill during the actual quests) than I do from turning in the quests. Well, aside from the quests that give you 12-15K XP and turn something on the map solid.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to add that successfully picking locks will reward you with a pretty decent bit of experience as well. So don't forget to hit up any of those random treasure boxes you might find out there in the world.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭

I have an alt at VR 5 now, just entered and done 6 quests in Eastmarch 2 days ago (the 4th zone in Caldwell Silver) . Yes, I also skipped most mob by sneaking past them. I completed all the Dolmen and world bosses and Public dungeons, solo and Group dungeons. I am sure by the time I complete veteran zone in Silver Caldwell, I maybe at least 2 level higher. Maybe because I also completed normal daily pledge and veteran pledge every other few days.... And I do not grind mobs.
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jump into cyrodiil, port to fort dragonclaw (top middle of map), ride a bit south, you will find bruma. It has 2 NPC's giving 5 quests each. Most of them can be completed super fast and they give good XP (up to 10K at vet14). This can be repeated each day.

There are 3 other quest hubs in cyro if you feel like it, bruma is just the most convenient one(least running). If you dislike PvP, find a campaign that is dominated by your faction to minimize risk of dying(but it really does not matter, you lose nothing when another player kills you except for a bit of dignity :))
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Jump into cyrodiil, port to fort dragonclaw (top middle of map), ride a bit south, you will find bruma. It has 2 NPC's giving 5 quests each. Most of them can be completed super fast and they give good XP (up to 10K at vet14). This can be repeated each day.

There are 3 other quest hubs in cyro if you feel like it, bruma is just the most convenient one(least running). If you dislike PvP, find a campaign that is dominated by your faction to minimize risk of dying(but it really does not matter, you lose nothing when another player kills you except for a bit of dignity :))

A good suggestion but not so convenient these days. Went up there with some of my Guild players. We are AD faction so we went to Haderus which is supposedly occupied by yellow. With so much going on these days, higher xp from dungeon grinding, bonus AP buffs killing delve boss, farming loot chest for VR 14 armours, we have tons of enemy players roaming all over the map killing questing players. True, no harm done BUT it is annoying if you can't complete any quests if you get jumped and gank while trying to complete quest objectives or turning in quests. It is fine if you are VR 14 and doing these quests for Champion Points ...but not efficient to levelling ... Time lost is more imperative than losing dignity being killed by VR 14 enemy players or players who prey on lower level players mind you. :# You are better off completing your questing in Caldwell silver, Gold , Craglorn and Group dungeons before resorting to questing in Cyrodiil.
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a Cyrodiil campaign that your faction is doing well on, and do the quests there. Can also do bounty quests from the fighters guild, explore the solo dungeons, hang out at the dollmens as pvp groups like to do those now. Can do some scout quests, who knows, might even get into some PvP.

Quick search online, or the addons that you have, will help you find these quests.

yes, you'll get ganked here and there in pvp, but sometimes that's a blessing as you need to turn in quests and sell loot anyway. Can also run with 1 other person and do solo dungeons...and if you run into someone pvp wise, two of you should be able to take them down.

It's a lot of fun!
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    screenshot your map pls and show us
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Yeah, same question came to my mind. OP probably didn't start Cadwell's Silver line at all.

(And the amount of XP in the first zone including dungeons, vet. dungeons and Cyrodiil quests is just enough to hit VR2-3.)
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Yeah, same question came to my mind. OP probably didn't start Cadwell's Silver line at all.

(And the amount of XP in the first zone including dungeons, vet. dungeons and Cyrodiil quests is just enough to hit VR2-3.)

Well I can see Cadwell's Silver in my Journal so I'm pretty sure it isn't that :p.

• INOFFENSIVE_LOVE

I'm not taking multiple screenshots of all the zones for some dude on the internet, sorry man.

I've checked maps online, I've compared my maps to friends...but not really necessary just for my own peace of mind. I'm not a stupid guy, I've been on level for the entirety of the game up until Daggerfall, where I fell 300k behind despite doing everything in the zone, so I entered Rivenspire under-levelled.

• INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    Apparently I am uploading images for some random dude on the internet afterall!

Images are an overall shot of Ebonheart Pact (all done), Coldharbour (all done), DC starter islands (all done), Glenumbra (all done), Daggerfall (all done), and Rivenspire (near complete).

http://postimg.org/gallery/3d7k0ibfk/871c0412/
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE
    Oh, I am aware I need to do group delves (cave emblem) in Rivenspire and Daggerfall :). Haven't put them on map yet as doing later with a friend.

I think maybe vet dungeon xp and cryodil xp add up, plus mobs.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Images are an overall shot of Ebonheart Pact (all done), Coldharbour (all done), DC starter islands (all done), Glenumbra (all done), Daggerfall (all done), and Rivenspire (near complete).

It looks like you might still have one quest in Glenumbra, as there appears to be a circle on the map near Dwynnarth Ruins that usually indicates a quest objective there. Not that one quest is going to make that much difference... I think you probably just haven't been killing as many mobs along the way as I always do.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • mwsacto_ESO
    mwsacto_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm less than 100 k to v9 and still have a few quests left to do in the final Caldwell silver zone. I'm only Undaunted rank 5. I have been pvping quite a bit.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not taking multiple screenshots of all the zones for some dude on the internet, sorry man.
    Then you're not getting help that you yourself asked for in the first place.

To be honest, I don't believe this whole story. It would require most of the quests in the game to be bugged and not provide XP at all, which is not really possible. And if that would be true, we would see a massive outrage at the forums. Yet, it's one person.

I guess the best way to solve this is to contact ESO customer service and wait for their answer. They seem to be more informative now.

:)
    Edited by F7sus4 on April 23, 2015 10:06AM
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE

It looks like you might still have one quest in Glenumbra, as there appears to be a circle on the map near Dwynnarth Ruins that usually indicates a quest objective there. Not that one quest is going to make that much difference... I think you probably just haven't been killing as many mobs along the way as I always do.

I believe that's the Vet dungeon quest (Spindleclutch Cave) as my group started it then had to break up suddenly :).
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE

To be honest, I don't believe this whole story. It would require most of the quests in the game to be bugged and not provide XP at all, which is not really possible. And if that would be true, we would see a massive outrage at the forums. Yet, it's one person.

I guess the best way to solve this is to contact ESO customer service and wait for their answer. They seem to be more informative now.

I posted them up in the end.

I'm not suggesting it is a bug, or that anything is wrong with the game itself. I have LUIEXTENDED so I can see all my xp coming in as I kill enemies, complete quests etc, so I'm definitely getting the XP as I should.

766 for exploring a location, 3k-4k for small quests, 4k+11k or there about for larger quests, around 4.5k for dungeons, dolmens, world bosses. Anywhere from 200-800 for enemies depending on size/difficulty.

Guys thanks for your all your help, I will see how I do.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've checked maps online, I've compared my maps to friends...but not really necessary just for my own peace of mind. I'm not a stupid guy, I've been on level for the entirety of the game up until Daggerfall, where I fell 300k behind despite doing everything in the zone, so I entered Rivenspire under-levelled.

lol u just need to make the last couple zones of maps,. but hey with such a ugly attitude you have on your shoulders, im not going to help some random dude on the internet, sorry man...... w/e
  • INOFFENSIVE_LOVE

lol u just need to make the last couple zones of maps,. but hey with such a ugly attitude you have on your shoulders, im not going to help some random dude on the internet, sorry man...... w/e

It was quite clearly not said in an 'ugly' way. Don't be so sensitive. I took the shots anyways, which lots of you seemed to have missed in your rush to tell someone off on the internet :p.

People on the internet are hilarious. Desperate to get upset over something :p. Peace.
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭

I posted them up in the end.

I'm not suggesting it is a bug, or that anything is wrong with the game itself. I have LUIEXTENDED so I can see all my xp coming in as I kill enemies, complete quests etc, so I'm definitely getting the XP as I should.

766 for exploring a location, 3k-4k for small quests, 4k+11k or there about for larger quests, around 4.5k for dungeons, dolmens, world bosses. Anywhere from 200-800 for enemies depending on size/difficulty.

Guys thanks for your all your help, I will see how I do.

No offence but last night my VR 6 was finally running quests in Eastmarch which is the 4th veteran zone for my AD faction toon and I came across a player just got to VR 3. He got pretty offensive when I asked if that is his alt or main just barely reached VR 3 when he made it to that 4th zone. Each player to his own as long as they make it to VR 14, but I woild say he may end up grinding heavily to finish the last couple of levels in Craglorn or Cyrodiil delves unless the store offers XP boost potion or scrolls.

Anyway, have you consider download the Add-ons call DESTINATION? It will give you all the markers for Quests Giver and among other tons of info to complete your achievements besides quests.

esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html

*** Beta player