The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how is vet dungeon a possibility ?

Thefox
Thefox
✭✭
had my first encounter with a vet dungeon V1 and Holy ***, that is messed up. things are stronger beyond what should be allowed

I still feel this game is ether half Broken or only half done .. the healing and its mechanicals works fine. tanking / holding aggro seems also fine. but resistance.. its like that stat aint even there, the damage one receive is just.. WoW :O ..

sens that it cant be A level issue, things just scale with your and only gets stronger, then what .. is it that you need to dps things down so fast that, no real damage gets a chance to hit you ? well I dont think that would be the case, other wise there is a gap of 200% missing dps increasement on gear from lvl 50 to vet 1.

so what is it that makes veteran dungeons possible ?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teamwork.

Or a really op build....

Could you clarify how you approach the content? Do you stay behind the tank and let him grab everything? If you tank, do you hold your block? What buff/ debuffs skills do you use? Is the healer maintaining heals? Are you avoiding red and watching for enemy mechanics?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're fine. A bit challenging as a damage dealer if you're low level and unoptimized, though. What's your role? Which dungeon did you try? Some are easier than others. Did you have problems with a specific boss or all encounters?
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Teamwork.

Or a really op build....

Could you clarify how you approach the content? Do you stay behind the tank and let him grab everything? If you tank, do you hold your block? What buff/ debuffs skills do you use? Is the healer maintaining heals? Are you avoiding red and watching for enemy mechanics?

well what is a "op build" ? Op have always been max level, with the highest gear, with the higest stats. ei max on everything.

I was the dps. the tank jumped in as they do, and we followed up. the trash was tricky at times but mostly not a problem.
    what was the problem is the "swarming bosses" ( spindle second boss, the insanity room ) and just large groups in general.

sens anyting that has a staff is close too one shot you and you cant block or dodge light/heavy attacks from magica. thats what I focus on first. and a group of 5-7 tog us around a good 20sec to down.
    and yes eyes on the ground for red is always there. and its is not what kills me / us. its just what swarm of "normal " attacks from things like the second boss where they summon 25 small spiders and things like that. that is just not posseble to heal or avoid.

if its a dps race, then where is the dps suppose to come from. the gear is still the same we have been running around with sens lvl 48-49-50 and killing things outside in the world still tog some time. and the dungeon just op'ed the mobs with a 500%.. so where is that Dps suppose to come from..

and if its a matter of " avoiding " the damage, then you simply cant, and normal attacks still hits you alot more then what a outside lvl 50 would do.
    Edited by Thefox on April 20, 2015 3:36PM
  • madterryk
    madterryk
    I've only done a few ebonhart ones... but in general even a small mistake can wipe your party, a bad pull, taking agro from the tank, and the mobs in ESO.... well they are a damn sight smarter than saurons minions in lotro...
    But that's why I'm here- I like the challenge, I like the flexibility, and as far as dying... just remember a line for Conan the Barbarian...

What you wanna live forever?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thefox wrote: »
    Teamwork.

Or a really op build....

well what is a "op build" ? Op have always been max level, with the highest gear, with the higest stats. ei max on everything.

I was the dps. the tank jumped in as they do, and we followed up. the trash was tricky at times but mostly not a problem.
    what was the problem is the "swarming bosses" ( spindle second boss, the insanity room ) and just large groups in general.

sens anyting that has a staff is close too one shot you and you cant block or dodge light/heavy attacks from magica. thats what I focus on first. and a group of 5-7 tog us around a good 20sec to down.
    and yes eyes on the ground for red is always there. and its is not what kills me / us. its just what swarm of "normal " attacks from things like the second boss where they summon 25 small spiders and things like that. that is just not posseble to heal or avoid.

if its a dps race, then where is the dps suppose to come from. the gear is still the same we have been running around with sens lvl 48-49-50 and killing things outside in the world still tog some time. and the dungeon just op'ed the mobs with a 500%.. so where is that Dps suppose to come from..

and if its a matter of " avoiding " the damage, then you simply cant, and normal attacks skill hits you alot more then what a outside lvl 50 would do.

Well, to be honest, I don't really know what an op build would be. I just know builds in varying degrees of efficiency. And it seems like people look at the most efficient ones and say 'that's op'

In those kinds of fights, your tank and healer should try to cc as much as possible. Reduce the total number of active hits as it were. As you made it past the gargoyle, which is a dps race, I can assume your dps is fine. For single target at least...

What kind of gear do you use? Are you using sets? Crafted gear? Regular drops? You seem to be handling everything else just fine.
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    They're fine. A bit challenging as a damage dealer if you're low level and unoptimized, though. What's your role? Which dungeon did you try? Some are easier than others. Did you have problems with a specific boss or all encounters?

well low level cant be the thing, sens 50 is the max. and higher vet rank only unlocks gear. unoptimized, Umm well then its the same problem as you incounter offen that, the dungeon requires gear of same or higher level, ( balancing things right )

im playing as a stamina templar, and it was spindle as the daily gold. the normal trash I didnt have any real problems with, its mostly bosses where they just barf up adds in large numbers. and your being zerged to death.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

well low level cant be the thing, sens 50 is the max. and higher vet rank only unlocks gear. unoptimized, Umm well then its the same problem as you incounter offen that, the dungeon requires gear of same or higher level, ( balancing things right )

im playing as a stamina templar, and it was spindle as the daily gold. the normal trash I didnt have any real problems with, its mostly bosses where they just barf up adds in large numbers. and your being zerged to death.

Vet ranks also give stats and skillpoints.
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    [quote="Shunravi;1745941"
    In those kinds of fights, your tank and healer should try to cc as much as possible. Reduce the total number of active hits as it were. As you made it past the gargoyle, which is a dps race, I can assume your dps is fine. For single target at least...

What kind of gear do you use? Are you using sets? Crafted gear? Regular drops? You seem to be handling everything else just fine.

drop gear. sens haveing to craft gear, would mean I'd have to hunt or buy the things that increses the quality of an item. to get something of equal or higher. and they are not cheap or easy to find alot of.

Cc's in this game that players have acces to is abit of a Meeh' it dont hold very long and if we had to hold 15 of the 25 spiders, then a Frostnova style skill is needed, and not just something that stop it and makes it count to 2.
    Edited by Thefox on April 20, 2015 3:55PM
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    [quote="Rosveen;1745990"

Vet ranks also give stats and skillpoints.

but that last 13 ranks is not whats keeping me from being able to do a v1 dungeon.
    if vet ranks also unlocked skills of a more powerfull version then i would understand.
    and the dungeon will still just scale up with us. so it cant be that last 13 ranks
    Edited by Thefox on April 20, 2015 4:04PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

drop gear. sens haveing to craft gear, would mean I'd have to hunt or buy the things that increses the quality of an item. to get something of equal or higher. and they are not cheap or easy to find alot of.

Cc's in this game that players have acces to is abit of a Meeh' it dont hold very long and if we had to hold 15 of the 25 spiders, then a Frostnova style skill is needed, and not just something that stop it and makes it count to 2.

Well, since everything in the game is spamable, longer duration aoe cc are less of a thing. A DK can use talons, a sorc can use encase, a templar can use spear shards nightblades can use manifestation of terror. Every class also has ultimates that can aid survival greatly. And the sorc negate is probably closest to a longer duration cc. You can also use cc from other skill lines like a frost staff, the fear from turn undead, calthrops, etc.

And your sets is where that extra dps comes from. Whether crafted or dropped. While exploring, look for resources, as they will give plenty of crafting supplies.

Veteran dungeons are harder than normal ones. They require a little bit more in your build.
    Edited by Shunravi on April 20, 2015 4:14PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What aoe do you use?
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    only if you have that weapon equiped ^^ and im following this build guide, just look away from the Uber gear ^^
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/ im missing the mages and fighters guild ultima

so if I need to craft the gear to get better dps and ect ect. how would they expect us to find the different quality increment mats. I have been breaking down and gathering what I came across, and nerver found anything more then " blue upgrade mats". and seeing gear thats of the same quality or higher, dont have anything that suggests that will help. ( items only have armor + a base stat + enchantment and reduction ) the jump from green to blue or purple is not massive. its not like I get 100 or 200 extra to health or stamina. pr item

for now what color your gear is , is not the determning factor, its just extra bling. I have seen v1 gear green haveing the same stats as blue v 10, so it cant be that big a jump
    Edited by Thefox on April 20, 2015 4:41PM
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    im useing the 2h / dual wield build
    Edited by Thefox on April 20, 2015 4:44PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only if you have that weapon equiped ^^ and im following this build guide, just look away from the Uber gear ^^
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/

so if I need to craft the gear to get better dps and ect ect. how would they expect us to find the different quality increment mats. I have been breaking down and gathering what I came across, and nerver found anything more then " blue upgrade mats". and seeing gear thats of the same quality or higher, dont have anything that suggests that will help. ( items only have armor + a base stat + enchantment and reduction ) the jump from green to blue or purple is not massive. its not like I get 100 or 200 extra to health or stamina. pr item

for now what color your gear is , is not the determning factor, its just extra bling.

I am in no way shape or form talking about item color. There is no reason you would need to go beyond blue rarity anyways. And, yes, you get purples and golds from deconing raw mats, you just seem to have a poor droprate, or you have not invested in the proper crafting passives.

Sets have more than "armor + a base stat + enchantment and reduction" take a look at what's craftable:http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations. I would suggest ashen grip and hundings rage for you.
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    [quote="Shunravi;1746382"
    I am in no way shape or form talking about item color. There is no reason you would need to go beyond blue rarity anyways. And, yes, you get purples and golds from deconing raw mats, you just seem to have a poor droprate, or you have not invested in the proper crafting passives.

Sets have more than "armor + a base stat + enchantment and reduction" take a look at what's craftable:http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations. I would suggest ashen grip and hundings rage for you.[/quote]

okey. I will give it a try makeing a set of each. and see if it makes any massive change ^^
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sets have more than "armor + a base stat + enchantment and reduction" take a look at what's craftable:http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations. I would suggest ashen grip and hundings rage for you.

okey. I will give it a try makeing a set of each. and see if it makes any massive change ^^
    It might, it might not. But try them out at least :) it may supprise you.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    You and your team just need experience, practice and maybe better gear. Veteran Dungeons are supposed to be tough and most groups wipe their first time trying one. Getting your party altogether on TS or equivalent helps allot too.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost everything in this game is EASY mode once you know what your doing.

There are tons and tons of threads about this game being too easy and once you know what the bosses do in trials, vDSA and vet dugns, they too are easy (if you adjust your build etc to handle it).

If you want to make vet dugn easier, just out level them and scale them down to V1

Things to note tho as a dps.

(1) RANGE dps better then melee dps, only the tank should be close.
    If you don't have a range dps build to swap too, some fights your just making is worst trying to dps close (as the healer will have to heal you too much)

Using 2h / dual wield build is not going to cut it on some fights, have a bow, or staff build also.

(2) Have a AOE bar and a single target bar. You need to be able to swap easy between theses two builds.

(3) Always have one heal up to HEAL yourself when the healer is in trouble or down.

(4) Have enought HP to handle a mistake and not get one shotted, if your getting one shotted, change your HP (with food or skill point changes)
    Edited by Natjur on April 21, 2015 1:18AM
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

There are tons and tons of threads about this game being too easy and once you know what the bosses do in trials, vDSA and vet dugns, they too are easy (if you adjust your build etc to handle it).

If you want to make vet dugn easier, just out level them and scale them down to V1

If you don't have a range dps build to swap too, some fights your just making is worst trying to dps close (as the healer will have to heal you too much)

Using 2h / dual wield build is not going to cut it on some fights, have a bow, or staff build also.

(2) Have a AOE bar and a single target bar. You need to be able to swap easy between theses two builds.

(3) Always have one heal up to HEAL yourself when the healer is in trouble or down.

(4) Have enought HP to handle a mistake and not get one shotted, if your getting one shotted, change your HP (with food or skill point changes)

sens im a stamina build, I cant use a staff ^^ but I have always had problems with ranged damage, dont know why. the abound of the stamina it consumes vs the dps on the bow, just seemed off. I like to keep the 2h, that dmg seems good.

and for my HP im running with 20 health and 29 stamina, on my attributes. + food buff, when I stumble on stuff to make it from ^^
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

sens im a stamina build, I cant use a staff ^^ but I have always had problems with ranged damage, dont know why. the abound of the stamina it consumes vs the dps on the bow, just seemed off. I like to keep the 2h, that dmg seems good.
    You'll do more DPS in melee than with a bow (and more efficiently), but the point is that being able to keep at range while the tank is up close makes you able to actually survive, because you're much more likely to be able to avoid big red circles of death and monster heavy attacks. If you guys are wiping it's probably because everyone is up close and taking tons of damage. I'm not saying never melee, mind you, just know when to stay at range. So if I were you I'd keep the Two-hander on one bar for your melee DPS, and switch to a bow on the other bar for ranged DPS.
    and for my HP im running with 20 health and 29 stamina, on my attributes. + food buff, when I stumble on stuff to make it from ^^
    Always use food in vet dungeons! If you don't really use any magicka, then blue food that boosts stamina and health is probably the smartest choice (because it boosts the 2 stats somewhat more than purple food that effects all stats does). Personally the character I've been running dungeons with is a magicka build (he's a healer, so it makes sense), but I like to have a decent amount of stamina for dodge-rolls, blocking, and interrupting, so I always use purple food on him. If I was going with a full stamina build, though, I'd use blue food instead. You can get away with not using food in non-vet dungeons (well, unless you're doing it with fewer than a full group of 4), and you can get away with using almost whatever dropped gear you feel like (although sets are much much better - especially if you've upgraded them to blue or purple), but for vet dungeons you should always use food and always use good gear (not necessarily uber end-game gear, but you do want sets that give you bonuses, and you do want it to be at least blue).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're talking Group Dungeons, not public's or delves?

They are definitely not the next progression after Vaults of Madness. Most of the norms you didn't have to focus roles, etc, so much.

In short, you could get away underpowered and often even sloppy in most of those.

In the Vet versions, you can't.

It's not that they're so much harder - they are actually about where they should be, to be honest. It's more that they let you get from 1-50 without requiring most of the skills the Vet versions will.

Also, you won't find too many opportunities for hybrid roles (not hybrid builds), meaning if you're tanking, your not healing, if you're healing, you're not DPSing, and if you're DPSing, you're not tanking.

Walk in with your role, and unless someone goes down, expect to stick to that role.

Teamwork, communication, and coordination is the key. Compliment each other's skillsets and synergies and you will find they are actually not nearly as ugly as they first appear.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, as said above, it is less that they are hard, and more that previous dungeons were WAY too easy and did not require you to actually understand your role.
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    I assume you're talking Group Dungeons, not public's or delves?

They are definitely not the next progression after Vaults of Madness. Most of the norms you didn't have to focus roles, etc, so much.

In short, you could get away underpowered and often even sloppy in most of those.

In the Vet versions, you can't.

It's not that they're so much harder - they are actually about where they should be, to be honest. It's more that they let you get from 1-50 without requiring most of the skills the Vet versions will.

Also, you won't find too many opportunities for hybrid roles (not hybrid builds), meaning if you're tanking, your not healing, if you're healing, you're not DPSing, and if you're DPSing, you're not tanking.

Walk in with your role, and unless someone goes down, expect to stick to that role.

Teamwork, communication, and coordination is the key. Compliment each other's skillsets and synergies and you will find they are actually not nearly as ugly as they first appear.

ohh im not healing or tanking. im dps'ing. so im standing to the side of what ever boss thats the tank it hitting on that or trying to keep the always random popping / spawning adds off our healer.
    and as fare as the templar go's I feel that he is a hybritd with no power as neather.. and sens I dont wanna hold the healing or the tanking role I stick to what ever dps that class can dish out.

" Compliment each other's skillsets and synergies " now , how would you go about that ? I havent seen people spending the first 5mins asking who uses what and then setting skills up so that they can fit with what other are useing. and not everyone have all the skill points in the game yet. and I dont have points to change and flip that many skills.

Atm im running with DW/bow. sens I lack any Aoe. with that 2h / DW
  • zeitzbachrwb17_ESO
    Vet dungeon is a place where if you're bad, you're screwed. Had my first ran today that failed at the Cell because relying on "Hi, I'm a dpser so I put everything into health and have super high health with health food so my spell does no real damage" with a bow user that does my healer build damage. Wish I had gone DPS that run instead of healer. Guess this is why they say the healer always break first in the dungeon.

-You have to play smart. Read guide if you have never done it before. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS. (I really don't understand why it's not.)

-Learn to position. Really. This is to all DPS. When you're ranged and you're standing behind a tank while dpsing, that's horrible. It never fails to amaze me how a super small AoE can hit 3 people at once.

Also, stop trying to be all the way across the screen to DPS while the other dpser is on the other side. HEAL DOES NOT HAVE UNLIMITED RANGE and complaining that "ERMAHGERD WHERE'S THE HEAL" when you decided to run across the boss and stand with your back behind a wall (No running out of that circle of death) has nothing to do with the healer anymore. Learn. To. Position

-Get proper gears.

Guild trader. Friends. Crafters. Use them. Buy all the stuffs. Don't be stingy with gold, they're not that hard to make. Always have food on. Stacking regen is okay only if you can survive the biggest health, else, get some health + your stat items.

If you go all "OH LOOK! PURPLE GEAR DROPPED FROM THIS BOSS! FINALLY A NEW ITEM FOR ME TO WEAR!", you're greatly hurting the team. You should be stacking crit and weapon/spell damage if you're the dpser. You shouldn't be going "OH LOOK NEW ITEM!" because your item should be in full set. You should be abusing the partial set and full set bonus already and not rely on random boss drops.

-Learn to swap skill set.

This is important. You're limiting yourself if you only think "Hey, the other set is just for healing with healer staff. Yay". That is so wrong. You could have used the other set for stacking buffs or debuffs before going back to actual set. The amount of versatility it offers is huge. Be versatile. Learn to use both set fully.

If you sign up for a heal and can't even perform as a secondary tank with your heal+health or heal the team often enough with stacked Magicka regen, you're hurting the team. If you sign up for DPS and can't even contribute more than 35% of the dps check, you're hurting the team. Vet dungeon isn't hard. It's just the player that makes the dungeon hard for other. Sure the game slogan is "Play the way you want" but not every way is effective. Like, when you're playing bowling, you throw the bowl down the lane to hit the pin. That is how you play Vet mode, not smash yourself with the bowling ball then run into the lane and break dance your way into the pin. That's the Normal dungeon mode.
    Edited by zeitzbachrwb17_ESO on April 22, 2015 7:28PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting absolutely steamrolled by your first Vet Dungeon is completely normal. Read guides, watch videos, practice, practice, practice. You'll adjust but it won't be overnight. That boss with all the adds in Spindleclutch (Praxin) is one of the tougher fights. You may want to start with something like Vet Elden Hollow. The bosses do not have many adds so you can get the hang of what is required for Vet dungeons without it being as overwhelming.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like, when you're playing bowling, you throw the bowl down the lane to hit the pin. That is how you play Vet mode, not smash yourself with the bowling ball then run into the lane and break dance your way into the pin.
    So you're telling me I've been bowling wrong?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had my first encounter with a vet dungeon V1 and Holy ***, that is messed up. things are stronger beyond what should be allowed

I still feel this game is ether half Broken or only half done .. the healing and its mechanicals works fine. tanking / holding aggro seems also fine. but resistance.. its like that stat aint even there, the damage one receive is just.. WoW :O ..

sens that it cant be A level issue, things just scale with your and only gets stronger, then what .. is it that you need to dps things down so fast that, no real damage gets a chance to hit you ? well I dont think that would be the case, other wise there is a gap of 200% missing dps increasement on gear from lvl 50 to vet 1.

so what is it that makes veteran dungeons possible ?

Put all your attributes into Health. The Dungeon Bosses do sooo much damage that's the only way to avoid a one shot. Use enchants to offset your other areas, magicka/stamina depending on the build you have. I tried out a hybrid build 40 health the rest magicka when 1.6 first came out and was getting one shotted all the time. With all attributes into Health it rarely happens now. It really doesn't matter if your block/casting or not. In CoA, I've had the last boss hit me for 1/2 health with blocking or not. Either the mechanics broken, or for somethings, blocking really doesn't matter as you will get hit with full damage anyway. I've even had more health lost while blocking than not blocking from the same boss attack.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Put all your attributes into Health. The Dungeon Bosses do sooo much damage that's the only way to avoid a one shot. Use enchants to offset your other areas, magicka/stamina depending on the build you have. I tried out a hybrid build 40 health the rest magicka when 1.6 first came out and was getting one shotted all the time. With all attributes into Health it rarely happens now. It really doesn't matter if your block/casting or not. In CoA, I've had the last boss hit me for 1/2 health with blocking or not. Either the mechanics broken, or for somethings, blocking really doesn't matter as you will get hit with full damage anyway. I've even had more health lost while blocking than not blocking from the same boss attack.

but then non of my stamina based skills will do any damage... ? :worried:
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can't dps while dead.
    Edited by Shunravi on April 22, 2015 8:56PM
  • Thefox
    Thefox
    ✭✭

You can't dps while dead.

Then now come most build thats posted on the forums, have most points on stam or magica. ?
    the builds I have been looking around on, if its stamina then its offen all 62 points on stam. ..