The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To the AD on Azura's Star

Zyle
Zyle
✭✭✭✭✭
Why are you helping EP?

676 CP
Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Discount at the local Argonian brothel. Claws and tails, man.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Discount at the local Argonian brothel. Claws and tails, man.

lol, then I guess I can't blame them.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people roll EP for a reason.
    Edited by Satiar on April 20, 2015 12:38AM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    people roll EP for a reason.

What would that reason be?
    Edited by Zyle on April 20, 2015 12:57AM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may seem that way, but every time we pivot towards red, blue hits us.
    Edited by kewl on April 20, 2015 6:32AM
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    It may seem that way, but every time we pivot towards red, blue hit's us.

On the Ash/Roe side or on BRK/Alessia side?

Edited by Zyle on April 20, 2015 12:40AM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only reason I ask is because if it's BRK/Alessia side, that's just AD and DC clashing because we're both pushing on that side. If we're hitting Ash/Roe everytime you guys push EP, then that's another thing. I can tell you the majority of DC desperately wants to work with AD, as EP is almost double the score.

The main reason why I'm asking why AD is working with EP is because for the past week, when we start pushing EP, a certain 2 groups of AD is backpushing our keeps to stop our EP push.

I've contacted multiple of these AD players, and have even gotten responses like "You don't see me as red?"

I fully understand that there is no control over the actions of each player per faction, I'm just not understanding the mentality behind helping EP while they have the highest population and are ahead in score by double.
    Edited by Zyle on April 20, 2015 12:49AM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only reason I ask is because if it's BRK/Alessia side, that's just AD and DC clashing because we're both pushing on that side. If we're hitting Ash/Roe everytime you guys push EP, then that's another thing. I can tell you the majority of DC desperately wants to work with AD, as EP is almost double the score.

The main reason why I'm asking why AD is working with EP is because for the past week, when we start pushing EP, a certain 2 groups of AD is backpushing our keeps to stop our EP push.

I've contacted multiple of these AD players, and have even gotten responses like "You don't see me as red?"

I fully understand that there is no control over the actions of each player per faction, I'm just not understanding the mentality behind helping EP while they have the highest population and are ahead in score by double.

that's similar to how it was when EP was in 3rd place by a huge margin.

everyone always double teamed EP...

lol.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

lol.

An extremely fair observation. I was originally EP when I first started playing, and I remember not winning any battle for days at a time.

I guess my main point is, I feel like every factions goal should be to win. Why is AD not trying to work with us to balance EP to a losing position so that they could be in position to take lead, even if that means teaming with EP again if DC gets too high in score. Why would AD further EP's lead?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol.

An extremely fair observation. I was originally EP when I first started playing, and I remember not winning any battle for days at a time.

I guess my main point is, I feel like every factions goal should be to win. Why is AD not trying to work with us to balance EP to a losing position so that they could be in position to take lead, even if that means teaming with EP again if DC gets too high in score. Why would AD further EP's lead?

who knows:( I competently get what you are saying, I've seen it many times.

It could be grudges(I remember DC relentlessly hitting EP in BwB despite AD having a gigantic lead) it could be they have friends, they could just be farming AP, who knows.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they have come to the conclusion that team green is why your both losing the campaign.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol.

who knows:( I competently get what you are saying, I've seen it many times.

It could be grudges(I remember DC relentlessly hitting EP in BwB despite AD having a gigantic lead) it could be they have friends, they could just be farming AP, who knows.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning more towards grudges xD. AD made a very impressive emp push yesterday, but then after they attacked Glade, all of DC was pushing AD instead of EP. Then DC logged, and EP pushed map.
    PikkonMG wrote: »
    Or maybe they have come to the conclusion that team green is why your both losing the campaign.

Care to explain a bit further?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't overcome a large point gap by excluding a full faction's holdings as a place to gain points per hour from.

If AD/DC split the map evenly, each earns around 199-200 points per hour. If one side monopolizes the map, they get double that. If AD, for example, grabs the Imperial keeps and all six scrolls (relinquishing the pizza slices back to their owners as these get hard to hold) they earn about 330 points per hour. As the last place team, they need to catch up on both other factions, not just EP.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't overcome a large point gap by excluding a full faction's holdings as a place to gain points per hour from.

If AD/DC split the map evenly, each earns around 199-200 points per hour. If one side monopolizes the map, they get double that. If AD, for example, grabs the Imperial keeps and all six scrolls (relinquishing the pizza slices back to their owners as these get hard to hold) they earn about 330 points per hour. As the last place team, they need to catch up on both other factions, not just EP.

I totally understand that, but you can't overcome a large point gap by furthering that gap...and as I said in my previous post, even if AD needed to team up with EP again if DC became too high in score, that would be understandable. What I'm not understanding, is why AD is doing everything possible to make themselves lose.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • rambo4uub17_ESO
    I think it has to do with ease of the push......I'm always on the EP side but recall days when AD was too strong to take keeps from so we went and worked on the DC side or vice versa. Wondering about what other factions were doing never seemed to enter the equation, it was more like which side was softer at the time.
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Can't really be mad at us who were lapping up the AP at the gate. Walking away from 5 digit ticks, and ton's of kill ap is hard to do amigo.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    "You don't see us as red?" should have been "We're accustomed to playing against team Purple" (DC + EP offensively supporting each other against & dividing what was a bigger AD)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The entire notion that AD was helping EP is pretty laughable.

Last I checked it was usually DC showing up and sieging alongside EP vs AD. Not to say that DC and EP didn't fight, but there was regular cross faction teaming up going on... and this was AD not being pop locked and both DC and EP pop locked.

That's fine, but you gotta be just a little silly to think AD was working with EP heh. Well, other than the spies that are AD and taunt AD in /zone most of the time.

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say what I can hopefully w/o letting the cat out of the bag. I think AD has the most hardcore nerds out of the faction & I'll claim that title on myself as well. There is a method to the madness so my recommendation to anyone asking questions about our tactics to go read Sun Tzu's Art of War. It's very obvious who has our scrolls & when & it's always on our priority table, but if the scenario isn't right for grabbing, then fighting for massive amounts of AP is fine until the scenario is right. Good leaders & good tacticians assess the map before they make the call.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I'm going to say what I can hopefully w/o letting the cat out of the bag. I think AD has the most hardcore nerds out of the faction & I'll claim that title on myself as well. There is a method to the madness so my recommendation to anyone asking questions about our tactics to go read Sun Tzu's Art of War. It's very obvious who has our scrolls & when & it's always on our priority table, but if the scenario isn't right for grabbing, then fighting for massive amounts of AP is fine until the scenario is right. Good leaders & good tacticians assess the map before they make the call.

I was on AS for a very long time yesterday, from the point at which DC was being pushed by the EP night cappers 20 times at Alma to the point in which we crowned emp, and then when AD decided to log on.

I want to clarify, I have no problem with AD logging on and destroying everything in sight. I do have a problem, however, when DC has nothing but their back keeps and Ash, EP has AD scrolls, and I see AD smashing into Rayles for no reason. That allowed EP to push us with no resistance while maintaining your scrolls. Then I see a half assed attempt to grab a scroll from Farragut (I say half assed because the main AD zerg didn't attempt it) fail, and AD is back to hitting our back keeps.

I have read Sun Tzu's Art of War, and I'd say you guys don't qualify for any of that. Sounds like you guys just hit where the AP may be most. If that is the case, them simply say it.

I asked for clarification, and all I'm getting is "read this book" or "there is rhyme to our reason".

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire notion that AD was helping EP is pretty laughable.

Last I checked it was usually DC showing up and sieging alongside EP vs AD. Not to say that DC and EP didn't fight, but there was regular cross faction teaming up going on... and this was AD not being pop locked and both DC and EP pop locked.

That's fine, but you gotta be just a little silly to think AD was working with EP heh. Well, other than the spies that are AD and taunt AD in /zone most of the time.

I'm not sure what campaign you're in, but the most recent AS, EP/DC have been at each others throats. Where are you seeing them show up and sieging alongside EP versus AD?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have read Sun Tzu's Art of War, and I'd say you guys don't qualify for any of that. Sounds like you guys just hit where the AP may be most. If that is the case, them simply say it.

I asked for clarification, and all I'm getting is "read this book" or "there is rhyme to our reason".

"All warfare is based on deception."

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

"If his forces are united, separate them."

"Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"..the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

"The skillful fighter puts himself into a position which makes defeat impossible...."

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy..."

"Appear at points which the enemy must hasten to defend march swiftly to places where you are not expected."

"When you penetrate deeply into a country, it is serious ground."

Are you sure you've read it?
    Edited by JTorus on May 1, 2015 7:01PM
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JTorus wrote: »

"All warfare is based on deception."

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

"If his forces are united, separate them."

"Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"..the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

"The skillful fighter puts himself into a position which makes defeat impossible...."

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy..."

"Appear at points which the enemy must hasten to defend march swiftly to places where you are not expected."

"When you penetrate deeply into a country, it is serious ground."

Are you sure you've read it?

Absolutely, but what you're not understanding is, you are doing nothing to further your lead by attacking DC home keeps while EP has your scrolls. You are furthering your loss. Are you sure you've understood what you've read?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, but what you're not understanding is, you are doing nothing to further your lead by attacking DC home keeps while EP has your scrolls. You are furthering your loss. Are you sure you've understood what you've read?

I beleive DC had emp at the time? The scrolls are trinkets, offering little more than a badge swiftly swapped from one hand to the next. Emperorship is more of an achievement, and with it comes morale, a thing best eroded swiftly at the first opportunity. It would seem that you were frustrated, confused, and upset by the tactics that played out last night? I would wager that was part of the goal.

Truthfully, all of this BS aside, the point is to enjoy the game. A balanced map, or one painted entirely in one faction's color is about as boring as it gets. Chaos is a good thing, even if it appears pointless.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I beleive DC had emp at the time? The scrolls are trinkets, offering little more than a badge swiftly swapped from one hand to the next. Emperorship is more of an achievement, and with it comes morale, a thing best eroded swiftly at the first opportunity. It would seem that you were frustrated, confused, and upset by the tactics that played out last night? I would wager that was part of the goal.

Truthfully, all of this BS aside, the point is to enjoy the game. A balanced map, or one painted entirely in one faction's color is about as boring as it gets. Chaos is a good thing, even if it appears pointless.

DC had emp, yes, we had just gotten it after recovering from the EP nightcap crew. Then AD zerged in, and a select EP crew joined in at the same time. That doesn't address my point whatsoever though, my point is this: Why are you furthering your loss? If all AD can focus on is dethroning DC when EP has their scrolls and the majority of the map, then you deserve to lose the campaign.

I was only frustrated because of the double team, we could have held EP off but they had an out of campaign guild show up right when AD showed. Not confused or upset, absolutely dumbfounded by AD "tactics."

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i call BS. I am pretty sure most of y'all have not read that book(if any of you) hard to adapt strategy from something you have not read

the fact you are going to THAT length to try to make your faction look good is.... worrisome

Edited by Cody on May 1, 2015 10:00PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was on AS for a very long time yesterday, from the point at which DC was being pushed by the EP night cappers 20 times at Alma to the point in which we crowned emp, and then when AD decided to log on.

I want to clarify, I have no problem with AD logging on and destroying everything in sight. I do have a problem, however, when DC has nothing but their back keeps and Ash, EP has AD scrolls, and I see AD smashing into Rayles for no reason. That allowed EP to push us with no resistance while maintaining your scrolls. Then I see a half assed attempt to grab a scroll from Farragut (I say half assed because the main AD zerg didn't attempt it) fail, and AD is back to hitting our back keeps.

i doubt they have read that book. dont buy into that unless he posts a pic or a vid proving otherwise
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the arrogance is just.....

its amazing:D

That post where you pulled up all those Sun Tzu quotes...... I dont know whether to feel disgusted or just to laugh.

next time EP is winning ill pull up some Sun Tzu Art of War quotes too.

Edited by Cody on May 1, 2015 10:08PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, DC.

You can untwist your feathers as I hear the map's blue again during a work hours daycap fest where 3 bars of blue plowed a map with one bar of each other faction.

Such skill, much pvp, so wow.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, DC.

You can untwist your feathers as I hear the map's blue again during a work hours daycap fest where 3 bars of blue plowed a map with one bar of each other faction.

Such skill, much pvp, so wow.

#ARGONIANMASTERRACE