The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I opt out of a campaign?

Hadan_of_Rift
Hadan_of_Rift
✭✭✭✭
So I used an alt from EP to join the none-vet campaign to check it out now I want to play another alt (AD) EXCEPT he can't join because of the other faction issue. So over a week has gone by and the 1st alt (EP) is still stuck in the campaign even though I haven't joined and I can't remove him from the campaign because it seems to keep auto-joining him to it.

Now I have my main who is in DC who is a member of 2 campaigns and my other DC alt who is in the other 2 campaigns and since there is ONLY 5 campaigns I can't reassign my home campaign. So my EP alt is just stuck and now I can't play my AD alt in PvP at all.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you can't remove a guest or home campaign, only change them.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combine your DC guest campaigns into the same one. Now make the DC guest campaign also the home campaign. (You can't make a home campaign a guest, the process only works one way.)

From this point on you'll need to move your characters in PvP around by faction. Yes it's a pain, but it's the only way. Personally I set my EP guests to the new non-vet hoping for a clear if they shut that one down after this weekend.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again, another example of how unnecessarily tedious campaign management is for characters
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple "Abandon Campaign" for the same or somewhat higher AP cost as switching Home campaigns is all they need.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you can't remove a guest or home campaign, only change them.

Which really needs to change. I have a crafter who does nothing but hold stuff now, hes trapped on AD too. i need to remove him entirely from PvP.... but i cant T-T

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Think we can get something like this implemented?
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is crazy a year later characters are still trapped in campaigns which is a much bigger deal now that there are so few campaigns to choose from.
  • Elevensies
    OP I feel for you! My own /feedback was submitted on 9th April 2015:
    Please add more PvP campaigns, so there are a minumum of 7 campaigns available to charcters regardless of vetran / non-vetran status. And / or please add a campaign option of 'none','empty' or somesuch. These changes would make it possible to change PvP campigns when you have a character in all 3 Factions, something not currently possible due to the lack of campaigns. My open Support Ticket #150328-000896 refers.

My support ticket had been running since March, so it was a relief today see in the Patch Notes for v2.0.7
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
    Alliance War
    General
    Anyone that currently has a campaign will be receiving a free home campaign reassignment

Thanks for the reset! But *please* also give us a longer term fix, either as requested above (or a better solution).
    @honeyslaughter ~The Golden Banner [AD]
    '... If you can't be a good example, you'll have to serve as a horrible warning'
  • Elevensies
    Update:
    At time of writing (29th April 2015) the ' free home campaign reassignment' in the patch notes aboved turned out only to be the option to overwrite your home campaign without any AP cost. This is therefore no help to anyone 'stuck' in thier current campaign choices by the lack of campaigns.

If this tip helps anyone: it is possible to join most campaigns temporarily (ie 'guesting without changing your guest campaign') by using the 'join player' option when grouped with friends or guildmates already inside the target campaign,

But it's a fix that gives none of the benefits of being able to change your home campaign. Come on Zenimax, please stop being so shoddy and fix the issue!

Edited by Elevensies on April 29, 2015 8:48AM
    '... If you can't be a good example, you'll have to serve as a horrible warning'
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer an option to completely opt out of a campaign for free. Maybe they could time gate how soon you can join another campaign with the same char (4-5 days?). That way people couldn't hop around and spy too much but you would be able to free up campaigns for other chars.
    I guess I'm not the only one who joined campaigns with chars from different zones for easy bank access. I hadn't really thought about the long term consequences. :neutral:

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A simple "Abandon Campaign" for the same or somewhat higher AP cost as switching Home campaigns is all they need.

I would love to see that. I came here to search if there was an option ingame to do such a thing. With so view campaigns atm and 6 different chars my single opposite faction char is completely stuck on 1 campaign. And all I want to do is get that char homeless so I can start playing on the none veteran with a low level char. But nooooo.... that is not possible! Unless I delete that char.....
    Sorry Zenimax, but this is really bad game design! I hope you guys will change your mind and do something about it because this is just ridiculous!
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump - Is there any intention to allow campaigns to be abandoned?
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silence in this matter is an indication that they think it's working fine as it is, or that they at least can't be bothered with implementing a remedy to the problem. They clearly didn't think that the game population would be so small that only three veteran campaigns would be available. Having VR characters in all three factions, I can no longer change any of my campaign assignments without deleting one or more characters I spent a lot of effort to level up.

It's stupid, and broken, and annoying, but I have stopped hoping for a change.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    Bump - Is there any intention to allow campaigns to be abandoned?

Brian Wheeler said in the PvP Update thread that they are looking into it, but that it won't come before the IC update. He did say they would wipe all home and guest campaigns, so when IC hits you will at least get a fresh start.
    We have discussed the ability to remove your home and guest assignment entirely, but won't make it in for this update. It has been a highly requested feature and we will work to get it in the future.
    When we fire up the campaign changes, we will wipe your current home\guest assignments.

Edited by driosketch on August 5, 2015 5:41PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Elevensies
    Long overdue *bump* - & repeat '...Zenimax, please stop being so shoddy and fix the issue!'
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch comes in just a week or so. At that time you will get a free campaign reset. Even allowing players that have multiple characters in different alliances a complete redo.
    You're getting what you asked for, since all Campaigns will reset.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    The patch comes in just a week or so. At that time you will get a free campaign reset. Even allowing players that have multiple characters in different alliances a complete redo.
    You're getting what you asked for, since all Campaigns will reset.

It's not enough. It needs to be implemented as a regular feature. People can't always wait for months till the next DLC comes. It's another workaround where a fix would be necessary.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!