The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there bad lag in this game?

Renderon
Renderon
Soul Shriven
So I decided to try out the welcome back weekend. I have not played since the beta.

Right away in the tutorial, I am getting horrible lag both in UI and just trying to fight mobs.

My internet is fine since I can play other online games with zero issues.

My pc is i5 3570k, gtx 680 2gb latest drivers, 16 GB ram, windows 7

Game runs fine FPS and looks great, but this game is unplayable the way it is.

• Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, they are losing subs left and right ( myself included) but for whatever reason, tiger mount skins are top priority.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 2 hours out the night in Cyrodiil there is bad latency lag. 22 hours out the day everything runs great. It's a problem, but some people blow things out of proportion.

edit-Right now it's bad.
    Edited by TheBull on April 19, 2015 4:04AM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you try to do PvP or Dungeons.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is horrible lag in PvP.
    There is horrible lag in the "popular" dungeons (the current gold key daily, for example)
    There is mild lag in the "non popular" dungeons and in solo-PvE areas.

During the welcome back weekend, I would expect lot's of players starting new characters, hence pretty bad lag in the starter areas
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low level areas are horrible. Around the B2P transition I kept being disconnected every time I logged in Daggerfall. Welcome back weekend probably has a similar spike of players in early areas, hence lag.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some time during the decline in player population over the past few months, it seems that the game lost its ability to handle a reasonably large number of players in the same PvE zone without lagging or crashing. The "phases" have not been full for a long time, and now that they are briefly filling up again, the game gives a bad experience to those who are returning to give it another chance. Way to go for saying "welcome back"...
  • Renderon
    Renderon
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for replies, and Sad to hear, I was finally able to play tonight @ 2:30 am EST for about 15-20 minutes, now I need to go to bed.

I had no lag at this time, and game ran fine. Though I just did not have enough time to see if I am really interested, and really worried about this lag if I were to buy it in future.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh... I always thought the lag was working as intended
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Rynier
    Rynier
    I played from South Africa with 3 other friends from last week and over the welcome back W.e . And we had a very good playing experience . We had lag about 3 or 4 times where we struggled to open doors open skills or dismount our horse but this was about 10-20 min total in a weeks worth of gaming. Loading out of the map and back in was a instant fix so i guess the server we were placed on had some load.

• Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno where most people get lag, but I only get lag in humungous battles in Cyrodiil. I never lag outside of Cyrodiil and even in the PvP zone I rarely lag with normal sized battles. Its when there are literally hundreds of people around that I get any real game-breaking lag.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rynier wrote: »
    I played from South Africa with 3 other friends from last week and over the welcome back W.e . And we had a very good playing experience . We had lag about 3 or 4 times where we struggled to open doors open skills or dismount our horse but this was about 10-20 min total in a weeks worth of gaming. Loading out of the map and back in was a instant fix so i guess the server we were placed on had some load.

Actually I don't normally get lag but I do recall multiple desyncs while grouped in a public dungeon. Both of us noticed it but it only happened a couple of times in the space of an hour. I'm more concerned with the truly annoying Game Freeze.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of lag today doing anything. Unplayable for most things. Even hard to do writs
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epic lag in the forum, too, since it's taken six and half years for your post to show up.

Interesting to see how performance has 'improved' over the years, though.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in April 2015 and the information contained within may no longer be relevant to the game. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.