The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More Random Encounter during exploration - Highwaymen maybe.

Skyunamu
Skyunamu
Soul Shriven
I absolutely love random encounters. One thing i am missing which was in Oblivion and Skyrim was highwaymen/thieves. Enemies that ran up to you and demanded your money or some of your money. if you said no. they attacked you. if you said yes you would be short some gold.

I miss that does anyone agree?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do
  • Skyunamu
    Skyunamu
    Soul Shriven
    Yay :D
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, why not. Would add more life to the world.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on April 18, 2015 6:34PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, would be fun if the more epix you were flaunting, the higher the risk of an attack became :P
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was this bandit on the bridge south of the Imperial City in TESIV:Oblivion. I always killed him and dropped his looted body from the bridge for good measure. I kinda miss that cat, so bring on the Highwaymen.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1

I support this idea. I often wondered why there were no random encounters in this game- they're all over the place in previous TES games.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of random encounters.
    -two NPCs who ran away but can't get their fire lit (help for XP)
    -merchant being held up (help for XP)
    -NPC tied up as ambush bait (help for XP)
    -Summoner in red circle who summoned more than bargained for (help for XP)
    -mage duel. Don't know what happens here, I stay out of somebody else'else's 1x1
    -daedric rifts

Just no Highwaymen.
  • Skyunamu
    Skyunamu
    Soul Shriven
    +1

I support this idea. I often wondered why there were no random encounters in this game- they're all over the place in previous TES games.

Well.. there are some Random encounters . but good you support this idea :hushed:
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Support this, maybe when they eventually put in some justice system finishing touches you can have assassins go after you when you have a high bounty :)
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB