Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Does Zenimax Play Their Game? (Specifically PvP)

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only ones that play, play DKs.

True story

Yes because DK is so OP in pvp right now! Funny story.
    Options
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a whole year now I have been playing ESO, logging on almost every day. During this massive amount of time that I've spent playing, I have yet to once to see a single GM. (Game Master)

Does anyone from Zenimax actually play this game? I feel that the answer to my question is no. BUT what if Game Masters played and participated alongside us in Cryodiil? The benefits from having just a few Game Masters playing a couple hours a week could MASSIVELY IMPACT Cryodiil for the better. They would witness first hand the issues that plague us in pvp, from exploiters, lag, broken skills, game breaking bugs, and much more. Just a few hours a week and they could experience what we go through daily.

The biggest impact would be strenghtening the community by showing that they care about the game enough to play it. They could also catch exploiters and cheaters red handed and could issue bans right there and then. (instead of having hundreds of players report cheating individuals only to have them continue to play and/or be banned for a limited amount of time. Cheaters/Exploiters are toxic and should be burned before they harm the community anymore.

This is why I'm asking that Zenimax employees ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME and experience it first hand.

ALSO NEW PVP CONTENT PLEASE...

Yes, they all play AD sorcs.
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, our crew is starting to wonder if the exploiters/hackers in Cyrodil are really ZOS employees.......

things that make you go hmmmmmmmm
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, our crew is starting to wonder if the exploiters/hackers in Cyrodil are really ZOS employees.......

things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

I guessed so very long time ago.

I don't talk about it.
    Because someone here will say you don't have proof. XD

Edited by EIGHTS on April 19, 2015 11:40PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
    Options
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »

*** wrong picture

Options
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a GM twice in the entire game. Once while grinding shadow in craglorn, before it was nerfed. A player had died and wouldn't rez, preventing the shadow from spawning, a GM appeared and moved the dead body away then asked "Are you all waiting on a spawn?" we said yes, then he proceeded to /sitchair while we killed shadow. I'm pretty sure that group and I are responsible for the devs finding out about the broken grind near Seeker's Archive. So Sorry.

The second time was actually just a few weeks ago. Super quick, super random. I was in Arrius keep in Cyrodiil, and a GM popped up, typed some gibberish in say chat, then disappeared.

Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time I've ever seen a GM on was back on first release just after beta.

Sad panda...
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I doubt they play PvP. Im sure they play PvE though.

You're kidding, right? As far as I can tell, ZoS devs ONLY play PvP, because they're constantly nerfing PvE classes and skill lines on behalf of PvP complainers.

look on both sides of the spectrum. I am tired of PvErs claiming servers and hogging them for their factions simply for buffs for trials. camping the enemy factions gates and bringing in 40 players to take out the 5 players at the one mill that faction has, and doing whatever is possible to discourage actual PvP in the server, ALL of this being protected by ZOS.

you want to complain about PvP screwing over PvE? well look at it from the PvPers POV as well, both are getting screwed over because ZOS simply does not realize how much fixing is truly needed.
    So no, I am not kidding.
    Edited by Cody on April 20, 2015 1:06AM
    Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, guys. You really think that none of the GMs play the damn game? I'm cynical, but even that seems too whiny and ridiculous for me to believe. Do they play as much as some? Probably not. But I'm sure they play their own game. Let's not let all our crazy loose now. Save some for Christmas.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I doubt they play PvP. Im sure they play PvE though.

i see it as the other way around, seeing as nearly every balance fix so far has been for issues with pvp
    Options
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do....they're not paying attention.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to meet a GM? Try trolling an RP even't. Three will show up. One to insta-ban you and two others to cradle, console the disheveled RP'er who was brought to tears by your cruel horse galloping through his wedding, dinner party, slave auction, whatever.

GMs exists. They play. They just stay in PvE where they are needed most. Defending the weak, protecting the innocent, and slaying the evil trolls that dare to express their freedom in game to "play as you like."
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They play WoW.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to meet a GM? Try trolling an RP even't. Three will show up. One to insta-ban you and two others to cradle, console the disheveled RP'er who was brought to tears by your cruel horse galloping through his wedding, dinner party, slave auction, whatever.

GMs exists. They play. They just stay in PvE where they are needed most. Defending the weak, protecting the innocent, and slaying the evil trolls that dare to express their freedom in game to "play as you like."

Thats why I get the stink eye from some players when riding through towns on a nightmare horse in a wedding dress
    Options
  • Schurge
    Schurge
    ✭✭
    Ideally the developers are making a game they want to play and play somewhat regularly... but just because they play doesn't mean they have much influence or say. I don't see this game deviating from it's current course and unless consoles are a resounding success I am pretty sure this game will be entering maintenance mode soon in a long protracted death.

It is not to late to save the game... but the past year shows us that those with the power have odd priorities... to put it lightly and I don't see those priorities changing.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only thing they really have to do to save the game is release some more content, new zones, spellcrafting, things like that
    Options