Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REQ - The troubleshooter

Huggernaut
Huggernaut
✭✭✭✭
So, I <3 my addons and every once in awhile I get addons that don't like to play nice with one another. Sometimes a addon will break on an update, either from the game or the author.

What I am wondering is,

- Is there any way to make a simple addon that adds a simple slash command like /breport that tells me exactly which addons are conflicting with one another?

Like for example, I have one error message that I get on one of my mules, that informs me "some add on" is messing with lib 2.0. Which is about as helpful as reading tea leaves trying to divine the lotto numbers for this evening =)

Is there something that does this already? or is this possible to do? because I think it would be a fantastic tool to have!

Sure, I can go down the list disabling add ons one by one, trouble shooting each one manually, but if there was a way to speed that process up, fantastic.

Cheers.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not possible if not handled at the source, so for 99% of the addons, it's not possible.

For the problem you mentionned, it should be an outdated addon, try to update yours, using Minion is fast and really easy.

or search for LibAddonMenu-2.0 in your disk.
    You should have a bunch of files and in each LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua
    you'll get in the firsts lines
    local MAJOR, MINOR = "LibAddonMenu-2.0", 17

if it's not 17, update the addon. or replace the whole folder by another good one from another addon.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way to speed up the process. Narrowing down the add-on by disabling one by one is the fastest way.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author