The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Taking a ridiculous amount of damage in Mist Form [BUG] fixed

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »
    Huntler wrote: »
    Ha ha ha...

The moral of this story is that Jesus Beam is so OP that Vamps are convinced their Mist Form is broken!

I wasn't aware there were still players that thought this ability was OP, seems most of the game has caught up and learned how to play around it once the bugs for it were fixed. Perhaps you should work on your build and update along with the meta? The current meta is to complain about sorcs.

I don't think I was implying RD was op this thread was clearly a thread to get mist form fixed because some abilities are getting through the 75% damage mitigation. I'm sorry if you're illiterate as well or your comprehension skills are lacking :/

I believe you misunderstand that post, as it is clear I am talking to another player about claiming RD is OP (since I quoted the player I am talking to). My reading/comprehension skills seem fine, I ask you to worry about your own reading/comprehension skills.

I'm pretty sure you have horrible comprehension skills you just said you can't believe players still believe it's OP then said I needed to work on my build and after said all the bugs in the game were fixed. Have you taken English 101 by any chance?

I happen to know several languages, but that is neither here nor there. I ask you again to reread the post, as I start it by quoting Emma_Eunjung who claims Radiant is so OP... etc etc. Unless you have two forum accounts and are also Emma_eunjung..... I believe you have spent several posts berating my reading skills without realizing I'm not talking to you in that post. I know its hard to believe, but its not all about you pumpkin <3

This is exhausting:

giphy.gif
    Edited by Huntler on April 20, 2015 4:36PM
    Options
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha...

The moral of this story is that Jesus Beam is so OP that Vamps are convinced their Mist Form is broken!

I wasn't aware there were still players that thought this ability was OP, seems most of the game has caught up and learned how to play around it once the bugs for it were fixed. Perhaps you should work on your build and update along with the meta? The current meta is to complain about sorcs.

I don't think I was implying RD was op this thread was clearly a thread to get mist form fixed because some abilities are getting through the 75% damage mitigation. I'm sorry if you're illiterate as well or your comprehension skills are lacking :/

I believe you misunderstand that post, as it is clear I am talking to another player about claiming RD is OP (since I quoted the player I am talking to). My reading/comprehension skills seem fine, I ask you to worry about your own reading/comprehension skills.

I'm pretty sure you have horrible comprehension skills you just said you can't believe players still believe it's OP then said I needed to work on my build and after said all the bugs in the game were fixed. Have you taken English 101 by any chance?

I happen to know several languages, but that is neither here nor there. I ask you again to reread the post, as I start it by quoting Emma_Eunjung who claims Radiant is so OP... etc etc. Unless you have two forum accounts and are also Emma_eunjung..... I believe you have spent several posts berating my reading skills without realizing I'm not talking to you in that post. I know its hard to believe, but its not all about you pumpkin <3

This is exhausting:

giphy.gif

However, it's good to know that you know several languages, but defend a bug.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha...

Whatever will post video because morons can't do math :/

Why did you edit your post? Care to apologize? And don't worry, I'll wait for that alacrity video you're claiming exists, I'm a patient guy :).
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha...

This is exhausting:

giphy.gif

However, it's good to know that you know several languages, but defend a bug.

I am not defending a bug, if this bug you claim exists I want it fixed. However, my experiences in game led me to test this since when 1.6 first came out several players were claiming all manners of bugs about RD. There were claims it was unblockable, there were claims you couldn't outrange it, and there were claims that it went through mist form. I tested all 3 and found that, as per usual, people on the forum make BS up. I found it to be blockable, I found it to be rangeable, and I found that mist form was reducing its damage as intended (however when in execute it still does good damage regardless).

So I am not defending a bug, I am claiming that in my testing I do not believe such a bug exists and I have not seen evidence to cite otherwise. Granted I never tested using RD before mist form or any other combination to see if it is possibly going unmitigated in certain circumstances as another poster pointed out, which could be a possibility.

I will take my leave of this thread now as I have been patient and nice enough, feel free to provide real evidence and I will respond/apologize in kind.
    Edited by Huntler on April 20, 2015 4:44PM
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Well my NB's impale can crit for 23k+. So since you are getting 75% damage reduction my impale would hit for 25% of its normal value.

23,000 x .25= 5,750

Conclusion: OP does not understand executes.

While we are here though I think it is funny people use mist form. If I see someone use it I think free kill to my self. If your tab targeted you can be hit, and you can't cast any abilities or be healed. Against a good player this is a death wish.

Come test your execute on me in mist form i can almost 100% guarantee you're not going to hit that high while I'm in mist form the point is that unless I'm at already extremely low hp normal execute aren't going to kill me, but radiant destruction will. Plus Undeath scales from about 50% hp so if you're hitting me at 20% hp or 10% you're actucally going to be hitting around 1-2k because of the 18-23% damage reduction. It has already been proven countless times

On my stamina templar my jabs just crit a vamp in mist form for 4k damage. So yeah I think you underestimate how much damage a good player can stack.
    Edited by manny254 on April 20, 2015 4:50PM
    - Mojican
    Options
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    Well my NB's impale can crit for 23k+. So since you are getting 75% damage reduction my impale would hit for 25% of its normal value.

23,000 x .25= 5,750

While we are here though I think it is funny people use mist form. If I see someone use it I think free kill to my self. If your tab targeted you can be hit, and you can't cast any abilities or be healed. Against a good player this is a death wish.

Come test your execute on me in mist form i can almost 100% guarantee you're not going to hit that high while I'm in mist form the point is that unless I'm at already extremely low hp normal execute aren't going to kill me, but radiant destruction will. Plus Undeath scales from about 50% hp so if you're hitting me at 20% hp or 10% you're actucally going to be hitting around 1-2k because of the 18-23% damage reduction. It has already been proven countless times

On my stamina templar my jabs just crit a vamp in mist form for 4k damage. So yeah I think you underestimate how much damage a good player can stack.

I know how well a build can get and seeing as I got an email saying they fixed it pretty much concludes this thread and proved that mist form was indeed broken
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

23,000 x .25= 5,750

I've noticed a lot of people using mist form lately. I've started tab targeting and using bombard until they die.

Guess vampire is making a come back!

Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

23,000 x .25= 5,750

I know how well a build can get and seeing as I got an email saying they fixed it pretty much concludes this thread and proved that mist form was indeed broken

LOL. Yeah, sure they did. Just like that alacrity video exists too right?

You keep using this word Proved , I do not think it means what you think it means.

Proof would be patch notes that they released today saying they fixed a bug with vamp mist (as they always do),
    proof would be a dev or Gina posting in this thread confirming it instead of for some reason going against their usual policy and only emailing you about it....
    Edited by Huntler on April 20, 2015 5:12PM
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you take immersion into account, both those spells involve large concentrations of light/sun. DMG seems fair lol

If you take immersion into account, anything made of flesh that gets hit in chest with a three foot arrow should die. Anyone who is struck by a bolt of lightning while wearing a suit of metal should die. Anyone who has a freaking meteor fall on their head should die. This could go on all day.

ever heard of a faraday cage ?
    faraday cage
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 20, 2015 5:04PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

23,000 x .25= 5,750

It is not broken 1+1=2, but this seems to be hard to grasp.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant destruction at 50% in mistform

http://gyazo.com/03bf6ecdcb1a506cd8dd923074c7238f

http://gyazo.com/0ba3ccd2be36b3d9ce80a3e0234d47e2

Radiant Destruction outside of mistform at 50%

http://gyazo.com/4ba6c78c17d7b67e73b08d34fd109a53

multiple players have told me Radiant destruction was going through mist forms even vampire templars were complaining about it. This needs to be fixed and people shouldn't die in mist form with undeath + mistform reduction and hard capped spell resistance, especially if they are only at 50% hp. And if you think you can simply un mist and heal it the procs will hit fast enough and is spammable so you'll just die anyway. The ability is already an easy kill button, stop trying so hard to defend it even when you know it's broken.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]

Princess Asgari is working on compiling clips slowly to show the various damages taken while in mist form and the death logs after. Radiant Destruction and Biting Jabs both ignore the mist form damage mitigation. Impale and mages fury both are mitigated the full 75%.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler do you have any input into if this is being looked into. Having a build revolve around mist form for survival and then be completely ruined by skills ignoring its only use is quiet game breaking.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

multiple players have told me Radiant destruction was going through mist forms even vampire templars were complaining about it. This needs to be fixed and people shouldn't die in mist form with undeath + mistform reduction and hard capped spell resistance, especially if they are only at 50% hp. And if you think you can simply un mist and heal it the procs will hit fast enough and is spammable so you'll just die anyway. The ability is already an easy kill button, stop trying so hard to defend it even when you know it's broken.

Princess Asgari is working on compiling clips slowly to show the various damages taken while in mist form and the death logs after. Radiant Destruction and Biting Jabs both ignore the mist form damage mitigation. Impale and mages fury both are mitigated the full 75%.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler do you have any input into if this is being looked into. Having a build revolve around mist form for survival and then be completely ruined by skills ignoring its only use is quiet game breaking.

No worries friend, apparently your buddy Bae got a special exclusive email about how they already fixed it so no worries. :|

Unless are you implying its not fixed and then what do we make of Bae claiming he just got an email from ZOS saying its already fixed? @hammayolettuce
    Edited by Huntler on April 20, 2015 6:02PM
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries friend, apparently your buddy Bae got a special exclusive email about how they already fixed it so no worries. :|

Unless are you implying its not fixed and then what do we make of Bae claiming he just got an email from ZOS saying its already fixed? @hammayolettuce

@Huntler , Haven't spoken with bae about what he said. The only thing i do know that as of Sunday 4/19 the damage is still not being mitigated and mist form is not working as intended. Asgari is still working on piecing clips together from open world pvp.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Huntler , Haven't spoken with bae about what he said. The only thing i do know that as of Sunday 4/19 the damage is still not being mitigated and mist form is not working as intended. Asgari is still working on piecing clips together from open world pvp.

I look forward to the video as I have seen differently.
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snu, don't tell me you went vampire. -_-

Please say you didn't...

OMG, you did...

What is the world of ESO coming to...

I can handle @Panda244 going vampire, I knew it was only a matter of time, but you... /cry /sad /why!!!!

Wait, I don't recall AoE Barbecue using vampire skills over the weekend and his build is crazy. Why not copy him, why go vampire?

Edited by Psilent on April 20, 2015 11:48PM
    Options
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a vampire, you're correct. Also I have developed a tendency: people typically realize I was on to something big only in hindsight.
    Options