The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to balance Sorcs

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to interrupt a shield stacking sorc is stoooooopid.

Why not fart into a lake during twilight.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 4, 2015 6:38AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    And all this power was achieved by crying sorcs by time 1.5 was on PTS. We are weak, we cannot dps, noone want us in groups the PVE sorcs said.

The PVE sorc community Zenimax listened to created a PVP monster that in my opinion is worse then DK ever was.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »
    And all this power was achieved by crying sorcs by time 1.5 was on PTS. We are weak, we cannot dps, noone want us in groups the PVE sorcs said.

The PVE sorc community Zenimax listened to created a PVP monster that in my opinion is worse then DK ever was.

I think the DK monster is on par with the Sorcs.

Many thing is many DKs took the same response to what Sorcs are taking now.

Just got hit for 24k by frag. Yeah Sorcs DPS is so low. Lol.

Funny thing is ZOS buys all the sorcs so they can continue with their OP builds.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 4, 2015 7:12AM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Neighbor wrote: »
    NBs are the only class that have a chance at killing Sorcs before the shields get too ridiculous.
    Magicka DK's remain a hard counter to most sorc builds. Due to the general popularity of stamina builds, there are a lot fewer magicka DK's now, but good ones can still use Reflective Scales/ Dragon's Blood to negate most of a sorc's damage.

Notice how I said:
    DKs can fight back but won't kill you
    If your a Sorc and you see a magika DK beating you, you can just bolt escape away. The DK has no way of catching up.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the DK monster is on par with the Sorcs.

Many thing is many DKs took the same response to what Sorcs are taking now.

Just got hit for 24k and then 27k by frag. Yeah Sorcs DPS is so low. Lol.

Funny thing is ZOS buys all the sorcs so they can continue with their OP builds.

• Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    NB>sorcs.

fact is with their *** stamian regen they can chase down a BEing sorc. (provided they run a bow)
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    NB>sorcs.

fact is with their *** stamian regen they can chase down a BEing sorc. (provided they run a bow)

Lol.
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    NB>sorcs.

Chase down is one thing, survive when you're by yourself with a sorc is another. :P Especially when you've eaten most of your stamina to keep up with the Sorc. As a NB player, the scarriest thing I have ever fought is a competent sorc. Good DKs, and good Magika NB are pretty damn scary too. But, Sorc is still the scarriest monster in the pond.

I do find it pretty funny when you see a NB chase after a sorc, just to get fragged when they catch up heh. It has a bit of awesome irony to it. When the hunter becomes the hunted.
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭

couldnt agree more
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    NBs are more overpowered than Sorc, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    eP7VKYz.jpg:lol:

I mean, yeah this makes sense. First of all NBs are by far the most popular class in the game. Second of all, NBs are the only ones who have a chance at dealing with Sorcs. Templars get wrecked, DKs can fight back but won't kill you, and other Sorcs you shouldn't die too if your better then them. NBs are the only class that have a chance at killing Sorcs before the shields get too ridiculous.

All classes can put up a good fight with templars being the worst atm.

NBs just happen to have comparable burst to sorcs but without 3.5s reaction time window and from stealth.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    NBs are the only class that have a chance at killing Sorcs before the shields get too ridiculous.

Magicka DK's remain a hard counter to most sorc builds. Due to the general popularity of stamina builds, there are a lot fewer magicka DK's now, but good ones can still use Reflective Scales/ Dragon's Blood to negate most of a sorc's damage.

Heck, anyone who loads up with some combinbation of Harnessed Ward/ Nirnhoned/ proper gap closers/ CC skills enters any fight against sorcs with a considerable advantage, ceteris paribus.

I agree, magicka DKs can keep reflective scales up all the time and simply use harness magicka to shield against curse/mages fury and if some damage drips though they can heal with GDB when necessary but I think Entropy will keep them full health 90% of the time. Im very curious why good DKs are loosing to sorcs, I can barely do any damage to them. Its certainly impossible to burst down a DK in my experience, NBs are also hard to hit, only Templars are easy preys for sorcs imo.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    NB>sorcs.

Chase down is one thing, survive when you're by yourself with a sorc is another. :P Especially when you've eaten most of your stamina to keep up with the Sorc. As a NB player, the scarriest thing I have ever fought is a competent sorc. Good DKs, and good Magika NB are pretty damn scary too. But, Sorc is still the scarriest monster in the pond.

I do find it pretty funny when you see a NB chase after a sorc, just to get fragged when they catch up heh. It has a bit of awesome irony to it. When the hunter becomes the hunted.

I practically invented that strategy on my Sorc....but resource generation was never what it is today.

I don't see how in 2.0 you "Eat most of your stamina" as a Nightblade? My level 26 Nightblade has 1500 Stamina regen right now and I never run out of stamina unless I dodge roll 10+times as fast as I can. I'll have 3000 Stamina regen by the time I hit VR14 and another 300 Stamina cost reduction on my enchants.

If you're scared of fighting a Sorc as a NB you're doing something wrong. I find DKs are a hell of a lot more difficult to kill than sorcs (Maybe I'll roll one of those next) on my NB.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Dositheus wrote: »
    NB>sorcs.

I practically invented that strategy on my Sorc....but resource generation was never what it is today.

I don't see how in 2.0 you "Eat most of your stamina" as a Nightblade? My level 26 Nightblade has 1500 Stamina regen right now and I never run out of stamina unless I dodge roll 10+times as fast as I can. I'll have 3000 Stamina regen by the time I hit VR14 and another 300 Stamina cost reduction on my enchants.

If you're scared of fighting a Sorc as a NB you're doing something wrong. I find DKs are a hell of a lot more difficult to kill than sorcs (Maybe I'll roll one of those next) on my NB.

That has more to do with the fact that the lower level server has tons of Sorcs running around w/o the essential skills. Bolt Escape and Hardening ward are locked way later on in the skill tree. Also, new players aren't going to realize how abusive shield stacking is.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dk was bad, but at least they were kinda pathetic when it came to actually scoring kills(i was never dumb enough to stand next to one). Sorc is rocking that same tankyness we seen in dks a while back, but with the dps to down anyone who would oppose their rule. The eventual fall of the dk gives me peace that some day sorcs will fall as well.......then templars will take over..........***.

How to balance sorcs though? Well look at what makes them strong, the shield stacking, the dps, and the mobility. TTk is too fast in general so im not going to say their dps is too out of whack next to any other class. The mobility issue, while annoying, is technically countered with crit rush so no point striking there. The shields though! They are unbreakable outside of setting up some extreme burst! What we need is what radiant destruction is to rolls, what mage light is to cloak, what wings is to projectile spam, what camo hunter is to vampires, what purge is to fire trebs. We need a regular/non ultimate move that can burst their bubble so they have no place to hide. A low damage attack or debuff that eliminates shielding while also putting some damage pressure on the sorc so they cant just ignore the fact they lost their shield and just reapply them. Now Idk what class/weapon/guild would get a move like this, but I have always considered the bowman to be the mage slayer ever since my runescape days. Currently NO ONE uses the draining shot morph of scatter shot so changing it to a shield buster would be perfect. I could see the morph removing knock back and replacing it with a shield bursting attack.

I feel as though thats the best way to deal with the sorc issue without nerfing anyone. No one likes to get nerfed right? Just buff a useless skill into usefulness. Alternatively they could just make it so shields cannot be stacked, which is perfectly fair as well. Make it a major/minor buff just like everything else. Why is it the exception?
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    NBs are more overpowered than Sorc, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    eP7VKYz.jpg:lol:

Eww. You suck at pvp !!

Jk Jk <3
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let shields do not reflect crits and dots. And all OK.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that your a Sorc and your actually complaining about NBs. That's like a billionaire complaing about paying taxes.

I'll clue you in on a little secret.

The good NB's can take down the shield, stun you and kill you before you can even react.

I know that's definitely a secret you aren't aware of.
    Detector wrote: »
    Let shields do not reflect crits and dots. And all OK.

If you let my shield crit too.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Edgar_Baerland
    Laerwen wrote: »
    As a sorc I would actually love to see a ball of light and overload nerf. Theyre both pretty cheesy. This is not to say that other classes dont have just as much cheese. Shadow Cloak, Reflective Scales, perma dodge rollers, all could use a bit of adjustment.

Agreed. Well put. Also, you know your class needs help when no one in an entire thread complains about a single "op" ability.

Imo, sorcs and NBS dont need to be nerfed. Just buff Temp (and DKs somewhat) and everything will be dandy
    Edgar Baerland V16 DC Templar NA
  • Edgar_Baerland
    Ezareth wrote: »

As far was what I think (looks to the title of the thread), I'm posting in a thread created by non-sorcs to "balance" my class. I'd hardly call it a thread derailment and one can hardly blame me for thinking everyone is out to nerf my class when in fact the PvP forums has unofficially become the "Nerf Sorc" forums with the blessing of ZoS.

If you want to create a thread called "Buff Magicka Templar and Buff Magicka Nightblades" I'd happily provide any input I felt I could add. I'm all for buffing other classes where they show inherent uncounterable weaknesses.

Well put. To that end, how about a little love to my thread on Templars?
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just avoid Sorc's completely for the most part. No idea how to kill one.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Edgar_Baerland
    Oh, and to those talking about cast time for shields, there is one. Blazing shield. Its gone by the time the animation is finished lol